RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:31:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | 2016 RFGen Donation Drive Rules & Raffle 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 2016 RFGen Donation Drive Rules & Raffle  (Read 13001 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: January 31, 2016, 07:50:25 AM »

Tomorrow, we kick off our annual RF Generation Community Donation Drive.  Our goal this year is to once again raise at least $1000 by February 29, 2016. This money will be used to pay server costs and site improvements, and any additional funds will also be put toward future hosting expenses. We hope that you will consider contributing to keep RF Generation a free, fun, and useful site for yourself, other members, and those who haven't been fortunate enough to find us yet. We only ask that you donate what you can and even a small amount, like a few bucks, goes a long way and is very appreciated. Donations are accepted via PayPal and you can donate by following this link:  http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?action=paypalPLEASE be sure to PM me your RF Generation handle and the email address you used to donate so that we can thank you on the front page; only your handle will be used and all donation amounts are private. 

For those of you who donate at least $10, you will be entered into a raffle for some fantastic prize lots donated by our generous staff.  Rules for this raffle and prize listings are listed below.

RAFFLE RULES:
For every $10 donated, that donor will receive a ticket for the raffle (i.e. if you donate $40, you will receive 4 entries). At the end of the donation drive, names will be randomly drawn from the entries (drawing to be videoed) and winners will be allowed to select the lot of their choosing based on draw order. For instance, the first name drawn will select their lot first, the second name drawn will select their lot second, and so on; the last name drawn will receive the final, remaining lot. Participants will only be allowed to win one (1) lot, so if your name is drawn more than once, you will retain your highest selection position and another name will be selected.

RAFFLE PRIZE LOTS:

Lot #1 - The XBox 360 Lot - This lot includes an original model, XBox 360 console with a 250 GB hard drive, all the hookups and 10 games chosen by the great Crabmaster2000.

**stock photo, actually system and accessories may be different than shown**

Lot #2 - The PS2 Lot - The winner of this lot receives an original PS2 (fat) with all the hookups and 10 games chosen by Crabmaster2000.

**stock photo, actually system and accessories may be different than shown**

Lot #3 - The Podcast/Table Top Lot - The member who chooses this lot will receive the following new, table top games: Batman Fluxx, Love Letter, Boss Monster 2, and Resident Evil Deck Building Game. In addition to these sweet games, you will receive a Super Mario Bros. t-shirt (Large), a set of Super Mario Maker Christmas ornaments, and a packaged Super Mario Hot Wheel. This lot also includes choosing a topic for an upcoming Collectorcast episode, as well as being able to help choose a game for an upcoming site playthrough and an appearance on that games Playcast episode (if you so choose). You will also receive an autographed, Silent Service cartridge signed by all of the members who attended last year's Retro World Expo

Lot #4 - The Fight Stick Lot - This lot includes a boxed PS1/PS2 Asciiware fight stick, a Street Fighter 2 t-shirt (Large) [see pic above], a Skylanders Trigger Happy plush, a packaged Super Mario Hot Wheel [see pic above], two packaged Amiibos (Jigglypuff & Ness), and an autographed Silent Service cartridge signed by all of the members who attended last year's Retro World Expo [see pic above].

Lot #5 - The Retro Lot - This lot includes an audio/video switch box, VHS copies of The Dino-Riders Adventure, Masters of the Universe: The Problem With Power (sealed), and Wizards, a Ghostbusters Slimer Pop!, and an autographed Silent Service cartridge signed by all of the members who attended last year's Retro World Expo [see pic above]. This lot also includes several classic retro games and accessories (condition and completeness may vary) including:

F-1 Pole Position (SNES - C), Kid Chameleon (MegaDrive - C), Dinosaurs for Hire (Genesis - C), The
     Incredible Hulk (Genesis - C), Ghouls n' Ghosts (Genesis - C), Mario Lemieux Hockey (Genesis - CIB), World
     Cup Soccer (Genesis - CIB), NBA Jam (Genesis - CI and insert, no shell), Sports Talk Baseball (Genesis - C),
     World Cup Golf: Professional Edition (PSX - CIB), Omega Race (2600 - C), Various Atari 400/800 manuals, 
     and Door Door (Fami - C)

Lot #6 - The 6th Generation Lot - The member who chooses this lot will receive the following 6th generation games (condition and completeness may vary):

.hack Infection (PS2 - CIB), Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (PS2 - CB), Crazy Taxi GH (PS2 - CIB), Gran 
     Turismo 3 A-spec (PS2 - CIB), Baulder's Gate: Dark Alliance (PS2 - disc only in case), Batman: Vengence 
     (PS2 - CIB), Godal: Elemental Force (PS2 - CIB), Micro Machines (PS2 - CIB), Lara Croft: Tomb Raider 
     Legend (XBox - CIB), Gunvalkyrie (XBox - CB), Mechassault 2 (XBox - CIB) Microsoft Employee copy, XBox 
     Holiday Disc 2004 w/ Conker: Live & ReLoaded Demo, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (GC - CIB), XIII 
     (GC - CB), and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC - CIB)

Lot #7 - The PC Lover's Lot - The donor who chooses this lot will receive the following PC titles and accessories:

Bioshock (sealed), Crysis (CIB), Viva Pinata (CIB), Diner Dash:  Flo On the Go (CIB, ripped rear of box),
     Gladiators: Galactic Circus Games (CIB), NHL 06 (CIB), Blazing Angels 2 (CIB), Assassin's Creed (CIB),   
     Keepsake (CIB, back of ripped), Medal of Honor:  Allied Assault (Discs, CD Case only), The 7th Guest (Discs 
     only), Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (Disc, CD Case only), Frankenstein:  Through the Eyes of the
     Monster (Disc only), Warcraft II (CIB), Age of Empires II (Disc, attribute chart), RollerCoaster Tycoon (Disc,
     manual), Age of Empires Manual and attribute chart, Elder Scrolls IV:  Oblivion manual, The Witcher
     manual, Everquest:  Lost Dungeons of Norrath manual, Everquest: Planes of Power manual.

The winner of this lot will also receive these magazines and promo items: Gamepro #181, October 2003;
     Game Informer #126, October 2003; Game Informer #128, December 2003; Game Informer #214,
     February 2011; Game Informer #226, February 2012; Warcraft:  War of the Ancients books 1 and 2; Hot
     Newz 64 VHS promo tape from 1999.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 02:57:03 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 09:16:38 AM »

That SFII shirt is awesome!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 09:22:04 AM »

Good Luck for the next month, and wow there are some amazing prizes there.  Grin
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 09:49:49 AM »

Happy donation drive everyone!

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 03:58:00 PM »

Wow. Great prize lots, again this year! Might have to double my contribution, this year.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 06:44:20 PM »

Wow. Great prize lots, again this year! Might have to double my contribution, this year.

Well, it will certainly better your chances. You won a lot last year, right Mike?

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 07:10:16 PM »

Well, it will certainly better your chances. You won a lot last year, right Mike?

I did! And I was very pleased with it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 08:48:36 AM »

Today is the first day of the donation drive. Let's start this fundraiser off with a bang!!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 01:31:07 PM »

Good Luck for the next month, and wow there are some amazing prizes there.  Grin

Agreed!  I love the Mario shirt.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 02:58:51 PM »

Just a little update for donors: It seems that there is no place to put a note when you donate. Instead, please send me a PM with your handle and email address you used to donate so that I can track who donated and thank you. Plus, get your raffle tickets correct.  Here is the change I made in the initial post:

PLEASE be sure to PM me your RF Generation handle and the email address you used to donate so that we can thank you on the front page; only your handle will be used and all donation amounts are private.  

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 12:26:46 PM »

I've received a few PMs from members notifying me of their donations. Thank you so much!

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 04:39:53 PM »

Bid high bid often!

When I see what my first check looks like I'm throwing my hat in the donation ring. Cash for the site and (hopefully) a late lot for other donors.

You can guess which lot I'm interested in Tongue

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 07:54:09 PM »

I need to wait a couple days til payday, to see how much I can kick in.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 08:12:33 PM »

I need to wait a couple days til payday, to see how much I can kick in.

No worries, you've got all month. Thanks Mike!

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2016, 01:16:25 AM »

I couldn't pull a lot together like i wanted but i did give the gift of money!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length