RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:01:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | April Community Playthrough - Ys Books I & II 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: April Community Playthrough - Ys Books I & II  (Read 35918 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: March 09, 2016, 09:51:11 PM »

Myself and the rest of the Playcast crew are really excited to see such a great turnout for this game. Though considered a classic of the RPG genre, I would guess that many people have heard of (and mispronounced), but probably never played this game.  Should be a great month!

PARTICIPANTS:
Addicted
bombatomba
Crabmaster2000
Disposed Hero
douglie007
Duke.Togo
EngineerMike
Fleach
GrayGhost81
Ikariniku
MetalFRO
NeoMagicWarrior
shaggy
singlebanana
SirPsycho
theGrue
Untrod Tripod

CHECKPOINTS:
Each Book is listed as about 7-8 hours each.  I think that the best way for us to tackle this is to finish a Book every two weeks. This means that we will discuss all potential spoilers of the first book after April 15th. Before then, you are still welcome to discuss your thoughts on the game and any gameplay mechanics you note.

April 1st - 8th = Start Book I & save before entering Darm Tower (you can't go back!)
April 9th - 15th = Finish Book I
April 16th - April 22nd = Start Book II & save at Solomon Shrine
April 22nd - 30th = Finish Book II
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 03:07:53 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 08:15:17 AM »

The suspense eeeeeees killing me!

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 08:44:54 AM »

Take it Ys-eee. You'll find out soon enough.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 01:09:33 PM »

Giving the Turbo CD some love?!  I have it!  But the system and game are at my parents.... Sad  But wait!  I have the SNES version!  But the game is at my parents... Sad  But, the third time is a charm?  I have the SMS version!  And... it's at my house!  Yippee!   beer

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 04:02:29 PM »

I appreciate this playthrough.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 04:28:25 PM »

We knew you would. Smiley

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 04:41:40 PM »

So Ys 1 & 2 then?  I have the PSP release, would that count?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 04:44:01 PM »

So Ys 1 & 2 then?  I have the PSP release, would that count?

That is what I will be playing. Wink

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 07:24:24 PM »

Hmm. Time to bust out the PC Engine setup. I'll try to play a little, but once Dark Souls III hits I'm going to disappear into a hole...

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 08:07:54 PM »

We knew you would. Smiley

Before we even start, I just want to say how much I love the music, for the Turbo CD version....soooooo good. OMG, you guys have no idea how long I have waited for this. About two years! lol As Rich well knows, I have been bugging the community playthrough guys, to do this game for a awhile now.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 08:54:09 PM »

I've beaten Ys I on my PSP but I haven't made it through Ys II yet. Count me in.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 09:15:17 PM »

I'm going to be playing the Turbo CD version via the Wii virtual console.  I bought it several months ago in anticipation of this playthrough.  Looking forward to it!

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 08:26:23 AM »

Hmm. Time to bust out the PC Engine setup. I'll try to play a little, but once Dark Souls III hits I'm going to disappear into a hole...

You and me both....

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 02:20:33 PM »

Giving the Turbo CD some love?!  I have it!  But the system and game are at my parents.... Sad  But wait!  I have the SNES version!  But the game is at my parents... Sad  But, the third time is a charm?  I have the SMS version!  And... it's at my house!  Yippee!   beer

And my power supply for my SMS died.  Ugh.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 03:40:11 PM »

@Shaggy: Do you have a power supply for a Genesis Model 1?

MK-1602: for use with SEGA GENESIS 1, CD 1, CD 2

INPUT: 120V 60Hz 35W

OUTPUT: 9V - 1.2 Amp (1602-1: 10V - 1.2 Amp)

This is a good power supply to have. This is used for the Original Genesis and both versions of the SEGA CD. There are 2 or 3 different cases for the unit, but they all work the same. And a version 1602-1 which outputs 10v but works for all. It is also known as the “Black Tip”, referring to the plug color.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length