RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:34:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 40 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 40  (Read 26537 times)
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2016, 03:56:52 PM »

The sheer number of games makes the PS2 a phenomenal machine. Going off my memory of PAL numbers

PS2 - 2200 games
Xbox - 700 games (about 100 exclusives)
GameCube - 450 games (don't know how many exclusives. Maybe 100)

PS2 may have a lot of shovelware, but almost any 6th gen game can be played on the machine. In fact the number of exclusives is more than the total number of games on the Xbox and GameCube combined.

Plus, in my honest opinion, the dualshock controller family is the best ever.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2016, 07:44:23 PM »

Shaggy, I would've never thought of a Dog's Life as anything other than a kids shovelware title. You've piqued my interest!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2016, 09:16:10 AM »

Shaggy, I would've never thought of a Dog's Life as anything other than a kids shovelware title. You've piqued my interest!

I would definitely say, check it out!  Not the best obviously but I think it is a bit of a hidden gem, definitely not shovelware.  Now if they would make Cat's Life!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2016, 07:51:09 PM »

Now if they would make Cat's Life!

Ha! I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Speaking of which, looks like my prayers have been answered!

http://nisamerica.com/games/psycho-pass/

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2016, 09:15:43 PM »

Glad to see you'll get your wish!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2016, 10:27:48 AM »

Now if they would make Cat's Life!

Ha! I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Speaking of which, looks like my prayers have been answered!

http://nisamerica.com/games/psycho-pass/

Better be physical...

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2016, 12:14:34 PM »

That psycho pass reminds me of a certain "Nonary" game. Hope it's a similar experience to the zero escape series.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2016, 05:57:04 PM »

That psycho pass reminds me of a certain "Nonary" game. Hope it's a similar experience to the zero escape series.

Same.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2016, 05:54:42 PM »

@Duke.Togo - I'm not finding the "Ultimate NES Lives" site - do you have the URL you can share?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2016, 06:09:22 PM »

http://www.infiniteneslives.com/

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2016, 10:34:43 PM »

Thank you, sir!

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2016, 02:44:43 AM »

i don't have as much experience with the PS2 as i'd like, so i don't really have a top 10...i don't think i've even beaten 10 games for it. there are some amazing experiences i've had on it though, with games like Shadow of the Colossus, Call of Duty Finest Hour, Ico, God of War, Lord of the Rings The Two Towers.

a couple series that i haven't seen mentioned yet that i think deserve a mention, one is Sly Cooper. i don't have experience with this myself but have watched a friend play some of it and it looks like a solid platformer series. another is Star Wars Battlefront, such an awesome FPS/TPS. i played a ton of online and local multiplayer with the first game on PS2, and the second on PC. the co-op campaign is a lot of fun on the console versions.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2016, 01:06:39 PM »

I've head of Sly Cooper, but I've never seen or played it. It seemed to fall into the crowded mascot-ish Sony field of Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, etc. in look, so maybe that is what put me off.

retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2016, 12:26:44 PM »

2. Guitar Hero/II/80s - It's like someone stole my dreams and developed a game based on them!! As a long time air/electric guitar player and lover of metal/hard rock I was immediately drawn to this game. I worked at a Roger's Video at the time and we hooked it up after work every day for weeks. I started getting better and better and by the time II came out I went from trying to beat the songs on Hard to trying to beat them on Expert. After that I had to 5 star each song. I spent endless nights during my graveyard shifts studying star power charts and uploading scores to scorehero.com comparing my scores against others online before I had ever heard of an online leaderboard. We argued about the best use of star power and the best spots to squeeze and extra 1-3 notes into a path in order to maximize scores once getting 100% just wasn't enough anymore. Spent weeks trying to 5 star songs like Jordon, Six, Hanger 18 and Free Bird.

The game started picking up steam in the general public and some contests started popping up around town. I competed in each and every one I was able to, always placing in the top 3. A couple short weeks ago a customer at my store was interested in buying a PS2 with a couple guitars and Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s and a few others. He was from out of town so asked if we could set everything up and test it with him so he could be confident that they worked before he left. We booted it up and started some No One Like You by the Scorpions. I selected Expert and he played Medium. After not playing in a couple years I was still able to nail the slightly tricky opening solo and we started to draw a little crowd in the store. It was so much fun to pick up those plastic guitars again that I've been craving it ever since.

YES! Before the industry threw-up a million GH/Rock Band spin-offs and instruments and (temporarily) killed off the genre with oversaturation, these were just awesome. I got started with all three as well, I remember buying the 80s game on release day and being super excited. Played I and II so hard too. I did like III a lot, but these will always have a place in my heart. Great selection Crabby.

Mod @racketboy , twitter: @brad21126

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length