RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:22:38 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | RF Generation Events | Portland Retro Gaming Expo October 21-23 2016 Portland, Oregon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Portland Retro Gaming Expo October 21-23 2016 Portland, Oregon  (Read 19691 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« on: May 06, 2016, 01:07:06 AM »

Portland Retro Gaming Expo (PRGE) will be held at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon on Friday October 21st, Saturday October 22nd and Sunday October 23rd 2016.

PRGE is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to spreading the appreciation for classic video games as well as arcade games.

PRGE features the Retrocade, which features 30,000 square feet of Arcade and Pinball machines. All machines are set to free-play.  100s of games to play on classic consoles. Tournaments in the past have featured Tetris.  Panels and Special Guests from those that have worked in the industry to Youtube stars. This year guests scheduled to appear are Howard Scott Warsaw, Gamester81, Gaming Historian, and many more. The convention also features daily auctions that feature great prizes. As always 100s of vendors to choose from.

Admission Costs:
Weekend Pass
  Presale: 30.00
  Door: 35.00
Friday Only
  Presale: 10.00
  Door: 10.00
Saturday
  Presale: 22.00
  Door: 27.00
Sunday
  Presale: 16.00
  Door: 21.00
Family Weekend (5 Passes)
  Presale: 120.00
  Door: 140.00
Child Pass (Ages 10 and Under): 2 Free with Adult Admission

http://www.retrogamingexpo.com/

List of confirmed attending RFGen members
Fokakis79
Nupoile
Mrs. Nupoile
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 10:17:54 AM by Fokakis79 » Logged

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 07:24:02 PM »

Ooo! Ooo! Me too! I'm going too!

....and Mrs nupoile as well.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 05:20:43 PM »

Got my ticket! Will be there Saturday only as it turns out. Anyone else going to make it?

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 08:02:33 PM »

I just bought our tickets, yay!

Going to be there Saturday and Sunday, maybe Friday. There is a family wedding thingy going on Saturday afternoon so we have to leave early that day. Don't get there late Fokakis! We need to meet up and wander the isles a bit!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 10:57:45 PM »

Yeah, gonna try to be there as early as I can. Will be with a buddy of mine. Would be glad to look through some stuff with ya'll. Still need some Atari 5200 stuff, hope vendors bring it.

ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 01:23:44 PM »

I'll be there, gonna be there for all of Friday and Saturday and most of Sunday.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 04:55:17 PM »

Awesome, lets figure out how to meet up!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 01:28:25 AM »

Nice, hope we get to meet, Apolloboy!

ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 04:20:57 PM »

Got my badge, I'll  be the guy in the purple Yoshi shirt.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 11:05:10 PM »

That won't help, there will be thousands of people there, hundreds wearing gaming shirts.....the first time I was to meet someone from RFG at the show, he told me his name and the shirt he would be wearing, I found a guy wearing the same shirt and asked if he was *name of rfg guy* he had the same name, but didn't know why I knew it. Turned out there were so many people there, he just happened to have the same name and be wearing the same game related shirt. Haha, that was an awkward conversation.

We just got back from the arcade night. It was pretty fun. Lots of consoles besides all the arcade and pinball. Saw quite a few youtube 'stars', I think I even saw the Techmoan guy there. Several Atari alumni, some of the main Tetris championship people. I got interview-ambushed by a group of four young guys who I assume have a youtube show or something judging by their spendy camera and mic. They come out of nowhere and the guy with the mic goes, "What do you think of the show?!" I'm like, "Uh...Great!" with camera still on me and mic in my face he's like, "Good.........." so I'm like, "What do you think of the show?" he's like, "......." so I'm like, I am the interviewer now I ask, "Are you having fun?" he nods, says nothing, so I go "Have you guys played Bad Dudes yet?" they go "no....." so I go, "Well it's right over there and it's awesome, you should go play it!" they're like that's a great idea! and run off.

If you're going to interview me, like ninjas poping out of nowhere, have some questions to ask or I'll throw it right back at you haha!
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 03:26:33 AM »

I got interview-ambushed by a group of four young guys who I assume have a youtube show or something judging by their spendy camera and mic. They come out of nowhere and the guy with the mic goes, "What do you think of the show?!" I'm like, "Uh...Great!" with camera still on me and mic in my face he's like, "Good.........." so I'm like, "What do you think of the show?" he's like, "......." so I'm like, I am the interviewer now I ask, "Are you having fun?" he nods, says nothing, so I go "Have you guys played Bad Dudes yet?" they go "no....." so I go, "Well it's right over there and it's awesome, you should go play it!" they're like that's a great idea! and run off.
If you come across that video, do post it in here! Tongue
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 09:40:39 PM »

Hilarious, wish I would've got to see that.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 07:35:05 PM »

Btw, anyone pick up anything good?

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 08:53:15 PM »

Don't know if putting the pictures here rather than small scores is burying them or not....

I didn't take too many pics at the show and will put my game finds up in the small scores when I can.

The first few here are from the arcade night when only that part of the floor was open. This is from the back wall. You can see the video crew that was about to ninja jump me for an interview.

I have no idea who they are.

Here is the arcade from the other side of the room, think they had something like 180 machines? There was a ton of consoles too. Notice the bean bags for people with handhelds.

Obligatory living room at the show.

This is Marc Ericksen who did the art for a ton of game boxes. He has been at the last few PRGEs. I've said 'hi' before. This time he waves me down to introduce himself and show off his stuff, we talked for a bit and he showed me a couple pieces of original art. He's holding one of those originals in this picture. Wife and I have talked about buying art at these shows before, and might have this show but the actual logistics of taking it home safely has been a sticking point. Anyways he let me take his picture. He also does commission pieces. What would it be like to have him make a piece of art for some imaginary game with you as the star?

http://marcericksen.com/

I've already seen tons of pictures online with this Nintendo Playstation thing from the show. I just took a wide angle one also showing that US N64DD thing next to it.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 11:54:26 PM »

Yeah, I missed a lot of stuff this year. I mostly went to the arcade and vendors all day. I did get to the check out the museum. No panels this year, and didn't stop to talk to anyone. Just wasn't feeling it this year. 

Thanks for the pics, and would love for him to commission a piece for me!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length