RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:22:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Can anyone else preview posts? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can anyone else preview posts?  (Read 2266 times)
understatement
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: June 11, 2016, 12:50:10 AM »

I don't know if it's just me or if no one else does it but I like to preview my post before I post to make sure links and what not work. For some reason I can't get any of the posts I've made to preview all I get is Fetching preview... but nothing ever happens. just curious if something is wrong on the forum or on my end.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 01:37:09 PM »

No it has been broken for a long time now.
It is one of those features most people don't seem to use so it flies under the radar generally.

There are rumors of a major overhaul. If/when it happens that will once again be functional.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 01:51:58 PM »

No it has been broken for a long time now.
A long time being at least since December 07, 2014. You and Shadow didn't have problems with it when I did though. (See here and here)

It is one of those features most people don't seem to use so it flies under the radar generally.
I need to use it often if I'm embedding images... I have to resort to copying and pasting the post contents into the quick reply box then clicking preview there.

There are rumors of a major overhaul. If/when it happens that will once again be functional.
Mmm...
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 06:18:11 PM »

I can preview. I wonder if it's a permissions issue, since both Izret and I are staff?

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 07:25:30 PM »

I need to use it often if I'm embedding images... I have to resort to copying and pasting the post contents into the quick reply box then clicking preview there.

I do this. It's the only thing that works for me.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 07:36:13 PM »

I can preview. I wonder if it's a permissions issue, since both Izret and I are staff?
Clicking the preview button sends a POST request for the preview and gets this in response:
Code:
<div>
<table border="0" width="80%" cellspacing="0" align="center" cellpadding="4" class="tborder">
<tr class="titlebg">
<td>An Error Has Occurred!</td>
</tr>
<tr class="windowbg">
<td style="padding: 3ex;">
Your session timed out while posting.  Please go back and try again.
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
<div align="center" style="margin-top: 2ex;"><a href="javascript:history.go(-1)">Back</a></div>
I'm assuming yours doesn't get that?
understatement
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 08:16:31 PM »

Yea that's what I like doing as well also it helps when I need to resize a pic. to not be so obnoxiously large but I see this forum auto edits for that although it would still be nice to make sure that the pic. link is working. Thanks for the tip that seems to work I'll use that method for now.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length