RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:51:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Wanted: A Guest Star (Gaming Related) Details inside! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wanted: A Guest Star (Gaming Related) Details inside!  (Read 3174 times)
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« on: June 30, 2016, 09:17:56 AM »

I've been posting Gaming YouTube Videos actively for maybe a year now, and while it is a fun thing to do, I'm getting tired of having to do it alone every time. I did record one with my best friend once, and that was an absolute blast! To that end, would anyone be willing to join me on one of my videos sometime? Here are the requirements:

1. You must have a PS4.

2. You must have (or be willing to create) a Hong Kong PSN Account. This is free, in English, and will not impact your primary PS4 Account. (I can teach you how to make one too.)

3. You must have some dedicated, free time.

4. (BIG REQUIREMENT) You need to have an open mind.

5. You need to have a way to talk to me. A Mic/Headset is preferred, but a PS4 Camera can function as a Mic too. (Video not applicable. No one's face will be shown on this video.)

6. You must live outside of Germany. (This one is NOT my fault! I have absolutely no issue with German People, but Sony's rules prevent people who live in Germany from using Share Play with people outside of Germany.)

7. Absolutely no smoking or consuming alcohol while we're recording! While I don't have a problem with people who do drink or smoke, I don't like it myself, and I do have a problem if they get intoxicated/start coughing rapidly while we're recording.

That should cover the requirements. Now for some things to note:

--You must be in this for the love of gaming. I am not in this to get subscribers or money. I just want people to watch. That is all.

--It helps to have a sense of humor.

--It also helps to not take things too seriously as far as the game itself is concerned.

--(Optional) It might help to take some headache pills, because the game I'm choosing is very shallow, and it might actually give you a headache.

--This video will be going on YouTube. You must be okay with people hearing your voice. As stated above, no one's face will be shown, but if you have concerns about your privacy, this might not be for you.

I *think* that covers all the bases. With all that out of the way, the game we will be playing is Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune. If you are interested, please let me know on this thread, as I'd rather not face a potential inbox flood (even though the odds of that happening are 0.17 Percent at best. Heh.)

DISCLAIMER: You are not signing this in your blood. If you agree to do this, but a more important commitment pops up for you, I cannot stop you, nor will I try to stop you.

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 11:59:51 AM »

I'm not going to do this, but I have a question:
Why the Hong Kong PSN account?
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 12:00:52 PM »

I'm not going to do this, but I have a question:
Why the Hong Kong PSN account? Is it for downloading patches?

No. The thing is, you can't share play a game with a friend if the game is not on they're local PSN Store, hence the account being needed.

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 05:10:59 PM »

Bump! I'm still interested in having a Guest on one of my videos! Smiley

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 09:46:35 PM »

I know I shouldn't bump this again so soon, but I've come up with some reasons WHY no one wants to do this:

1. No one on this entire Forum has a PS4 other than me. (Unlikely)
2. No one wants to put in the time. (Maybe unlikely)
3. No one CAN put in the time. (Very likely. I know a lot of our users actually are very busy.)
4. No one likes me. (Unlikely. At least 2 people have told me I am welcomed with open arms here.)
5. Everyone is married. (Let's face it, the chosen game is not exactly subtle.)

To that end, though Number 1 is unlikely, I find that to be the most logical explanation (along with 3). That said, does anyone have a potential way/idea to do this another way? Skype + Video Capture software or something?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 10:31:26 PM »

I fall into categories 3 and 5 above. Between kids, wife, and classes, it's tough to squeeze game time in. Hopefully someone will take you up on your offer.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 11:52:19 PM »

#1 and #3 for me. While I'm married, my wife wouldn't mind anything like that. She thinks I have a thing for Kasumi anyways.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:56:12 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 05:15:03 PM »

1/3

Even if I could based on the game description I would likely get vulgar rather quickly...

I tend to be anyways Tongue

IZRET!
RATED M FOR MATURE!

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 05:45:38 PM »

This day is just going to keep getting worse, isn't it? All day long, the internet (especially Facebook) has been drunk with Pokemon Go. It's not funny. It's not cute. There is nothing good about it. It is absolutely pathetic to see all this crap about it, especially when you have friends, who you'd never expect to conform to the likes of Smartphone Apps, to suddenly become addicted to it like it's a drug. Not even counting the mess of real life problems I've been facing, now I come here to see a new post on my thread, only to find yet another person say why they can't do it because of real life. This whole day is just a bunch of crap. I've been trying hard all day to keep my thoughts to myself, but enough is enough. Screw Pokemon Go, screw Facebook, and screw the issues that real life brings. And if anyone wants to tell me to keep it to myself? I encourage you to think differently. Sometimes it helps to let your thoughts out.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 10:27:26 AM »

For what it's worth, I'm sorry if I offended anyone yesterday with my post above this one. This has been a very difficult week overall for me, and my experiences should not be an excuse to let my inner rage run wild. However, I am not sorry that people are addicted to Pokemon Go, and I still think it should go away.

RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 02:27:09 PM »

The funny thing is, I could do your thing except I don't have a PS4. I have free time, am not in a relationship, and of course have no kids. As for the drinking, I have never been drunk (I have drank alcohol plenty of times, just never enough to go over the edge) or have ever smoked. So, the one guy who sounds good is only missing the system. (I want a PS4, I am waiting for the new version which is what I will get)

I am lucky to have never got the Pokemon bug and my age group is the one who got into it the most (I'm 26). I was literally one of the only kids at my elementary school who didn't own any of the cards. I guess I am saying thats lucky because then I don't have the desire to spend the money on all the Pokemon games and cards. That and the nerdiest click at school was the lunch table that sat and played Pokemon during lunch. Its really taken on as a nerds thing just as much as Star Wars or Star Trek if your not a kid anymore.  But I did catch the Star Wars bug, and own 100+ books. So I ended up spending money on that. I am glad I didn't want Pokemon stuff on top of that. But even 5 years ago or so I stopped buying the books for SW, which is good because when the new movie came out Disney made all the book that came out before they owned it non-canon. So its no longer the official story in those books. I don't mind as much as some people but it still annoys me a lot.

But your kind of making it sounds like its "cool" for a moment again. I guess the new SW movie made it "cool" for a moment again too. But anyone who bothers to collect the cards or read the books is a "nerd", just as anyone who tries to collect all the actual Pokemon cards is a "nerd".
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 02:38:37 PM by RobotWillie » Logged

Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 05:24:40 PM »

This day is just going to keep getting worse, isn't it? All day long, the internet (especially Facebook) has been drunk with Pokemon Go. It's not funny. It's not cute. There is nothing good about it. It is absolutely pathetic to see all this crap about it, especially when you have friends, who you'd never expect to conform to the likes of Smartphone Apps, to suddenly become addicted to it like it's a drug. Not even counting the mess of real life problems I've been facing, now I come here to see a new post on my thread, only to find yet another person say why they can't do it because of real life. This whole day is just a bunch of crap. I've been trying hard all day to keep my thoughts to myself, but enough is enough. Screw Pokemon Go, screw Facebook, and screw the issues that real life brings. And if anyone wants to tell me to keep it to myself? I encourage you to think differently. Sometimes it helps to let your thoughts out.

If it makes you feel better, I'd like to start a professional gaming channel (blogging, reviews, retro reviews, a few other projects I'm not going to say too much) but it's hard when you're A. a long time Nintendo Nerd and B. have no idea what you're doing or how to start.  So I may not be having the same struggles you do, but I do know how hard it can get (Eventually I'd want to expand to have PS and Xbox gamers working with to make an All-Access Gaming type Youtube channel).  All I have is a retired improv comedy gaming channel with some semi-offensive stuff with a Wario puppet...and a drunk friend playing NES games lol.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length