RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:52:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 43 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 43  (Read 16800 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: July 01, 2016, 08:42:18 AM »

Episode 43 discussion thread: http://www.rfgeneration.c...rum/index.php?topic=17147

It's time to dig through E3 again. We give our take on each of the major pressers, and all of the games included. How did our opinions stack up against yours? Let us know!

Get the show at http://www.collectorcast.com
Follow the Collectorcast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Collectorcast
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Collectorcast
On Stitcher (enter Promo Code RFGeneration): http://www.stitcher.com/RFGeneration
On iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/u...collectorcast/id524246060
On YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/Collectorcast

Show Notes
Links
Our Sponsor - Off The Charts Video Games: http://www.otcvideogames.com/

Music: Skate or Die (NES)
Topic - 7:42
Outro - 4:26:35
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 10:44:14 AM by Duke.Togo » Logged

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 09:16:10 AM »

I'm ready for the Dark Souls cast.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 10:44:42 AM »

I'm ready for the Dark Souls cast.

Unfortunately you'll have to wait a little longer. But, hey, E3!

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 11:17:22 AM »

Congrats Bill! I can't wait to see it.

Congrats Crabby! Enjoy your break.

I'm looking forward to Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 but they will be rentals. I'm more interesting in learning about Titanfall 2's robot with feels.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst suffers from its open world design. You find yourself backtracking through the city for almost everything and the side missions are uninteresting. The parkour is excellent and they wisely decided to remove gunplay.

@Bill: You were close enough.... Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

@Crabby: Not even just Dance?  Wink

The settlements in Fallout 4 were the best way to break the game. You can make a lot of money quickly.

If you grew up playing the Thief series Dishonored was great.

That one vocal lady in the crowd loved the Elder Scrolls Online announcement.

Gears of War Judgement made me lose interest in the series.

Forza Horizon 3 looks great and if I weren't saving for Horizon it would be day one.

I finished WatchDogs and you're not missing much.

Bill's right about Ass Creed Syndicate. It's a good game and worth a play. I think Amazon has it for $18 new right now. The game Duke was thinking of was Ass Creed Rogue. It came out for the PS3 and 360.

The name of the Eagle game is Eagle Flight.... I had to look it up..

The PSP game Duke is thinking of is Summon Night 5.

Playstation VR will cost most people around $500 as they need the move controllers and the camera.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 02:21:29 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 03:03:23 PM »

I knew there was a PSP release, but glad you pulled the name. Ah, UMDs.

I still say the eagle game should be called Nesties. You could Tweet your friends when you want to play and say, "Hey, where my Nesties at?"

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 06:04:51 PM »

After watching all the press conferences I found myself thinking "What is E3 going to be in the coming years and is it still useful in a Youtube world?"

I'd love to hear what the Collectorcast crew thinks.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 03:59:16 PM »

Just started this podcast and saw it was 4 and a half hours!  #$%&  Do you guys seriously sit and talk for 4 and a half hours straight or do you break it up?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 01:39:34 PM »

I'm with you, Duke.  Our days are numbered in regards to physical games.  When that happens, I will not be getting the new consoles but Nintendo is giving us hope,  and cartridges, hopefully, to boot!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 09:21:19 PM by shaggy » Logged

SMS set complete!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 01:56:27 PM »

We did the recording over two nights. We're not that hardcore.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 11:06:49 AM »

Paper Mario color splash is coming out on the Wii U.  As for the Zelda dilemma, if I get a launch NX, I will probably get both just because of being able to use the Wii U gameplay for its special feature.  If the new system was just an upgraded system of the previous generation than I would just get the game on the new system.

SMS set complete!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 06:18:58 PM »

Ah, hopefully Paper Mario will be better than Sticker Star. I guess the Wii U isn't completely dead just yet.

alatinolawyer
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 12:18:22 PM »

I didn't realize it was four hours until I'd listened to the podcasts through an entire lunch and a walk and was like, man, I really should check to see how much is left.  Holy Smokes!  But it's all good so far.  BTW my first post as a forum member! I am happy to be fully indoctrinated.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 01:15:05 PM »

I didn't realize it was four hours until I'd listened to the podcasts through an entire lunch and a walk and was like, man, I really should check to see how much is left.  Holy Smokes!  But it's all good so far.  BTW my first post as a forum member! I am happy to be fully indoctrinated.

Welcome to RFG! It did take us a while to cover everything, but I hope it was all entertaining. For an E3 that wasn't incredibly exciting, there was still plenty to cover.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 08:30:28 PM »

Welcome!  So I played the FF XV demo and I didn't enjoy it much.  I'm glad that this is not in the game and I hope the game is not like this.  I really heard good things about the Resident Evil 7 demo and went to download it come to find out that it is only for Plus members.  Man am I burned!  grrr

SMS set complete!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2016, 10:09:57 PM »

I just played the RE7 demo the other night. Completely different from any previous game, gives me a Silent Hill vibe. Should be great.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length