RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:46:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | The Government says "screw you home owners&qu 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Government says "screw you home owners&qu  (Read 1639 times)
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« on: July 03, 2005, 08:29:29 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost...3/AR2005062300783_pf.html

That's right the government may now take your land and not only use it for public works (schools, roads, parks, ect.) but now they can sell it to privet business.  So now if Wal*Mart wants your land for a store, the government can take it from you.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 08:53:53 PM »

F*ck the government.
F*ck it right in the A.

Thats complete bull.

Although i know from what i learned in my classes that the gov will give you 99% of the time a price that is above market value it is still BS that they can force you to move.

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 09:10:09 PM »

well....thats just fantastic news..

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 11:07:17 PM »

That...sucks...

- Zac
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 12:55:10 AM »

That's pretty screwed up....first the Patriot Act, now this, who knows what's next.  

Sounds to me like your government is slowly but surely ignoring the Amendments from the Constituion...

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 01:55:36 AM »

Not very slowly at all Tongue.

I read about some guy that already started a case against the judge that ruled in this case to have his house taken and turned into a hotel. That's pretty funny.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 04:01:27 AM »

there is a lot of development going on in my town. a new school was just built, condos in every available space are going up. the church 2 blocks away has recently sold a big chunk of their property for more condos. some of the older bungalow and slab homes in the area don't seem to fit with the new development. it's possible something like this could happen here. I'm looking to move within a coupkle years so I'd take the money and run. someone with roots n the area? well...

time will tell.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 11:57:27 AM »

Not to be the spiteful hater here, but this isn't all bad, in a utilitarian sort of way.  Government should in no way be allowed to declare houses blighted so that other private entities can build over their perfectly good houses. Yet, on the flip side, there are instances where eminent domain is a very necessary evil. The interstate system was built on rhe principle of eminent domain. If eminent domain did not exist that would never had happened.

One of the twisted parts of eminent domain is how jurisdictions are using the blight designation to bring down the fair market value of houses. Houses go from being $100K to $3000 upon the designation of a blight. This is devastating for the property owners. Sadly, though, many jurisdictions are doing this, and ruining lifestyles for many people.

The government is slowly eroding away all our rights, this is no longer a free country, and every day this is becoming more and more apparent.

Hello World.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length