RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:14:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | RF Generation Fantasy Football 2016 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Fantasy Football 2016  (Read 51827 times)
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2016, 04:52:53 PM »

Raiders and Seahawks used to be "cross-town" rivals back before they switched up the divisions. So, if you live around here, even if they aren't the same conference anymore, Raiders fans and 'hawk fans still have a special rivalry.

I still remember the Seahawks being in the AFC West.

My game went more like the Chiefs game this weekend. Behind for most of it, but then coming through at the last second.

A good analogy.  I feel like my seasons always mirror the Chargers: often full of hope and promise, but decimated by injury, second-guessing and bad play-calling.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2016, 09:08:25 AM »

Like most years, I start out 0-2.
9th out of 12 in the League, 3rd highest Points For, and highest Points Against. I've been beaten by the top 2 scoring teams so far this year. Roll Eyes

RFGen Fantasy Football never disappoints.
Now, for the inevitable Top 10 WR/RB injuries around Week 5.

monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2016, 10:29:41 PM »

Well, with this week's win, I am firmly planted on top (via points) right where I belong. Title defense lookin pretty easy at the moment. HA!

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2016, 09:47:10 AM »

5th in Points For, after dropping from 3rd last week.
Position? Last. Points Against? First.

Yeah, that's RFGeneration Fantasy Football for me.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2016, 04:58:24 PM »

Well, with this week's win, I am firmly planted on top (via points) right where I belong. Title defense lookin pretty easy at the moment. HA!

Greg Olsen is a jerk Sad
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2016, 01:28:54 PM »

2-3 now. Have to stay on this streak, but this week's matchup will be tough...
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2016, 05:01:19 PM »

I'll say. 3 people on my team scored 30+ points this week. Good luck!

RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2016, 11:26:44 PM »

Well, I will say the first tie in Seahawks history doesn't feel good. Feels just as bad as losing. But knowing the Cards should have won  makes a tie seem great, but then I think Seattle should have won too. I had a gut feeling some weird shit was going to go down in OT. I had a weird feeling someone would miss a FG even. I never would have guessed both teams would miss the game winning FG though.

I now know what it feels like when your team ties. It feels........ gross and odd. It only feels a teeny tiny bit better than losing.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2016, 02:25:44 PM »

Somehow pulled a win out of my hat last night with C.J. Anderson scoring 16 points...

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2016, 06:43:37 PM »

At first glance you'd almost think I knew what I was doing, being in first place by two games. Then you'd look at the total points scored against me column and see I'm way in the lead on that too. Or, I've had the easiest schedule on average.

The one game I lost, to the team in last place no less, really bummed me out. I had two players with minor injuries that I debated over every day that week but looked good to go up through that Saturday. Gametime Sunday rolls around and they were both out. I could have swapped a bench player for either and won, which would make me undefeated instead of 6-1.

Haven't had the best luck with injuries though. One week I had no extra players because they were all out. A couple other weeks I've only had one or two that weren't out with bruised pinkies or hang nails or something.
monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2016, 10:30:26 PM »

I HAD to get cute and start Hoyer. All these years of fantasy and I try that!? Haha, wouldn't have mattered but of course he would get hurt in the first half.

RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2016, 02:51:00 PM »

Well, what are the odds? The Skins and Bengals tied in the last London game of the season. Sometimes we go 2 years without one, but now there has been 2 in the last week. Just the probability gremlin going a bit psycho. But at least the soccer fans over there are used to it. A tie a day in that is almost guaranteed to happen if they are playing several games a day. I don't mind ties since they do only happen rarely. Soccer and American football are the only things I know you can tie in, I'm sure there's more. But can't in Basketball, they go to several OT's if they have to. Can't in baseball, extra innings, only extreme cases where they have deemed the game to be too long and called a tie like the all star game last decade. Can't in hockey, 5 minute OT and then a shootout until someone wins in the regular season, and in the playoffs as many 20 minute normal periods as they need.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2016, 10:22:39 PM »

That tie has other meanings behind it too...
In 19 of the last 20 elections, the winner of the last Redskins game before the election determined the winner of the election. If the Redskins won, the incumbent party would keep the White House.

HOW DOES THIS WORK IN A TIE?! COALITION GOVERNMENT?

RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2016, 04:09:32 PM »

THE facepalm
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:13:45 AM by RobotWillie » Logged

RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2016, 01:33:28 AM »

Beating the Pats is the best feeling win so far. It's always a quality win to go to NE and beat Belicheat.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length