RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:34:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Nintendo unveils the Switch launching in 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Nintendo unveils the Switch launching in 2017  (Read 3769 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: October 20, 2016, 02:33:15 PM »

Feedback from the public seems to be positive so far. Oh, and yes that dude is playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on Switch Smiley

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 02:53:24 PM »

I am very interested in this console.  I want to see how it does the continue your console game on the go, but it looks good so far.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 03:49:40 PM »

This looks like a really good idea to me. I saw From Software on the developer list, so I am hoping for a portable Dark Souls 3.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 02:29:37 PM »

Feedback from the public seems to be positive so far.
Allow me to be the contrarian.

I'm a little disappointed. They've been trying to gimmick their way through the past 20 years and I'm just not a fan. I keep rooting for them, but I feel like they're a day late and a dollar short with everything they've done since 1996. This puts the nail in the coffin of my hopes of them ever releasing a normal console with a normal controller that can compete with MS or Sony. That shipped has sailed a long time ago.

But I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. I hope it's a success.
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 02:52:44 PM »

I'm waiting for a little more info to come out to completely form my opinion. I do have hope for it and it already seems like a step in the right direction though. This will be my first launch day console when I most likely get it. Also I'm ready for custom side-controller game bundles. The possibilities are endless. (Pokemon Snap camera controls pls)
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 03:04:42 PM »

I'm excited for it, but I'm always excited for new consoles.  I think the design of the console opens up a lot of possibilities.  The only major concern I have is 3rd party support.  A lack of 3rd party support was a massive strike against the WiiU, so hopefully all the developers signing on will follow through on games and not wait a year or so before releasing titles.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 03:11:59 PM »

I'm excited for it, but I'm always excited for new consoles.  I think the design of the console opens up a lot of possibilities.  The only major concern I have is 3rd party support.  A lack of 3rd party support was a massive strike against the WiiU, so hopefully all the developers signing on will follow through on games and not wait a year or so before releasing titles.
When I was reading the list of devs and saw EA on the list, I laughed for a moment. After their "support" on Wii U, I won't hold my breath with them.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 03:35:57 PM »

Can't really blame EA. When you release AAA titles and they only get 40k in sales, you basically cut the cord. Consumers just haven't responded well to EA titles for the Wii and Wii U. I haven't played them, so I can't say whether it's down to gameplay decisions vs controls vs bad gameplay, but obviously didn't click with the consumer base.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 10:47:24 PM »

The only EA game on Wii U with any effort put into it was NFS: Most Wanted. Madden/FIFA were shockingly pathetic. The decision to release Mass Effect 3 when the Trilogy was around the corner on other platforms was a sad choice to make.
So in that instance I can blame EA. If they were concerned about sales, they just shouldn't have even bothered releasing anything at all.
So when I see EA on that list, I expect last years sports titles to be ported with a handful of the updates that other systems get but not on the Switch.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 10:51:14 PM by Link41 » Logged

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 11:06:16 PM »

Kinda hope I can get a "brain only" module for the Switch that doesn't have a screen and battery.  I don't plan on taking the thing anywhere, so I hope Nintendo will save me a few bucks (but I expect they won't).

That said, if they give me Skyrim on a cartridge, I'm probably in.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 05:48:42 AM »

My hope for the system is that without having to support two systems simultaneously, First Party output will be stronger and more frequent then past systems.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 01:54:54 AM »

Third parties really left the Wii U to die which unfortunately soured the entire experience... Hopefully, the Switch has a better fate...

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 06:42:34 PM »

Third parties really left the Wii U to die which unfortunately soured the entire experience... Hopefully, the Switch has a better fate...

Ubisoft's been the better hype man until Nintendo dropped this trailer.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 01:51:33 PM »

Feedback from the public seems to be positive so far.
Allow me to be the contrarian.

I'm a little disappointed. They've been trying to gimmick their way through the past 20 years and I'm just not a fan. I keep rooting for them, but I feel like they're a day late and a dollar short with everything they've done since 1996. This puts the nail in the coffin of my hopes of them ever releasing a normal console with a normal controller that can compete with MS or Sony. That shipped has sailed a long time ago.

But I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. I hope it's a success.

If you watch the trailer, you'll see the Pro controller in there, and it appears that there's no dual interaction in the 3DS/Wii U style, so it's either playing on the screen, OR playing with it docked, not both.  So while the Pro controller will likely cost extra, unless you buy the rumored bundle, you'll get what you want from this.  Naturally, if you decide not to take it with you, one assumes you'll be able to play any game with the Pro controller.  It's the closest Nintendo has had to a traditional console since the GameCube, so it's a step in that direction, even though it's obviously targeted toward an audience with more of a travel mindset.

I'm very excited for the Switch!  I've never bought a console at launch, though I wanted the Dreamcast, but couldn't afford it.  I didn't get the Wii U on launch either, though I wanted one.  Again, no cash.  But since this is launching when I should have tax return money already, I might have to pre-order, depending on the launch lineup they're supposed to announce in January.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 04:45:20 PM »

http://www.nintendolife.c...cautious_of_its_prospects

Look forward to Mass Effect 2, FIFA 15 and Madden NFL 25 coming to Switch soon!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length