RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:14:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | March 2017 Playthrough - Diablo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: March 2017 Playthrough - Diablo  (Read 29791 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2017, 11:31:56 AM »

I have a copy of Hellfire, for a first time playthrough do you suggest that I install Hellfire or play vanilla?  Don't know what my build will look like.  I;m usually a warrior type that doesn't pay attention to Magic but I dont know how that will work out in a game like this...may try to go rogue

For a first play, you're going to be a lot less stressed with Warrior. Don't go wizard for sure.  Hellfire is an additional 8 levels, so it just depends on how much time you want to devote to the game.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2017, 01:13:58 PM »

Where do you get the Butcher quest?  I just entered the first Hell floor and haven't seen it yet.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2017, 01:23:26 PM »

Where do you get the Butcher quest?  I just entered the first Hell floor and haven't seen it yet.

It comes very early in the game when you enter the cathedral for the first time. The dying guy gives it to you. However, each playthrough has the possibility that you won't get that quest, since you get 2 out of 3 quests for levels 1-4.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2017, 01:44:44 PM »

It comes very early in the game when you enter the cathedral for the first time. The dying guy gives it to you. However, each playthrough has the possibility that you won't get that quest, since you get 2 out of 3 quests for levels 1-4.

Ah, ok.  I know I got the King Leoric quest, not sure about the poisoned water supply.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2017, 01:46:33 PM »

The well water in the town will be a different color (I think yellow) if the poisoned water supply quest is available.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2017, 02:01:54 PM »

Water supply quest comes from the healer in town me thinks.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2017, 10:01:17 PM »

Played for just under 2 hours, completed Level 1 of the Cathedral, found Wirt, and got the poisoned water quest.  Just not sure where to go to find the source..Cain says there is a tunnel somewhere but I haven't found it.  On to Level 2 tomorrow night.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2017, 02:25:43 AM »

You open the Diablo battle the exact same way in the PS version. This is something else. Something I can't actually figure out how to walk down. Programming error maybe?

Yeah, sounds like an error.

And jokes on Lachdanan...he chugged the whole elixir!!

The undead are so susceptible to practical jokes.

Also, why don't you quit being a wiener and take out The Butcher? You are missing out on one of the best "s@#t your pants" scares in video game history.

I got terrible luck and didn't get The Butcher quest in my game Sad

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2017, 08:55:26 AM »

Finished off the Big Boy and a few more quests last night. Diablo was far too easy for a final boss. I only used one single potion! So since that was too easy I decided to dive into Nightmare and look for more of a challenge. Already down to Level 10 on Nightmare. Been getting lucky and opened up several quests that I didn't get for my first playthrough. Mostly still not too challenging with my Rogue and can just hit and run my way through each stage without being too careful. There was a hilarious moment where I ran around a corner though and literally 30 arrows all hit my at the same time. Didn't have time to react and heal or run. Just turned the corner and dropped like a sack of hammers. Was too funny, but also sunk in the point that I need to spend a few stat points into Vitality.

[img width=700 height=393]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/712/32381302324_7df6069079_c.jpg[/img]

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2017, 09:11:47 AM »

Played for just under 2 hours, completed Level 1 of the Cathedral, found Wirt, and got the poisoned water quest.  Just not sure where to go to find the source..Cain says there is a tunnel somewhere but I haven't found it.  On to Level 2 tomorrow night.

You will find it pretty easily down in the labyrinth. I think it is level two or three. Just a heads up, just finding the source does not complete the quest. You will need to clear that entire area. Good luck!

Speaking of quests, I find that none of them are very difficult in terms of figuring out what to do and that you eventually run into your objective as long as you keep clearing levels.

I'm curious Crabby, what was your favorite section of the game?  I enjoyed the Caves the most. I really liked the atmosphere and enemies there the best. The larger sprites and the inability to hide in rooms made it rather fun and challenging.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 09:16:03 AM by singlebanana » Logged

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2017, 10:12:26 AM »

Was I the only one who started leaving vendor trash lying around the town because it took so much time to sell it?

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2017, 03:08:37 PM »

You get either the Poisoned Water Supply or Skeleton King quests for Level 2 for all games, I believe. It's been a while, but I rarely got the Skeleton King quest, and didn't figure out the Poisoned Water Supply quest for a while.

Spoiler (hover to show)

You're not the only one Addicted. I did that a lot because it took forever to sell. They actually addressed that in Diablo 2, I believe, by allowing you to lock certain items and sell the rest.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2017, 08:56:29 PM »

So I'm not doing two things I set out to do: play the game on the PS1 and play as the rogue.

I tried hard to get the game running on my PC, then gave up and started playing the PS1 version. It is actually very playable but the fact that you could go to the kitchen and make a sandwich while the game saves is a deal breaker. So I tried harder to get it running on the PC and with a little push and pull (and one of addicted's fixes) I'm off to the races.

Finally, I am having a good time with this game. Lo and behold I got the butcher as my first quest again and even though I know the projectile through the bars trick I'm taking Rich's advice and killing every damned thing that moves in that entire dungeon to level up. I also switched to the warrior as I was already kind of annoyed with how long it has taken me to get up and running so I wanted to go the easiest route.

I can see myself powering through this game on weekday mornings with my coffee. I am so glad I got it working on my computer.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2017, 09:07:46 PM »

So was playing with my friend as a 2p game, and it wouldn't let me boot him, so I saves my lvl 5 warrior and started a new game... the dying guy by the church was not there, but I got the well quest. Any reason to restart and do the butcher quest?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2017, 08:14:21 AM »

Nah Doug, no reason to reboot and start over, but I would suggest that when you are done, start a new game and run down to level 2 to see what he looks like. He is probably the most memorable character in the game to early, first time players, since many of them probably had to change their underwear after opening his door.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length