RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:10:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | March 2017 Playthrough - Diablo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: March 2017 Playthrough - Diablo  (Read 29240 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: February 08, 2017, 09:32:21 AM »

WELCOME to our March 2017 playthrough of Diablo.  Please share any and all of your thoughts on the game now or throughout the month.  Since there is really nothing to spoil (but perhaps just avoid talking about the ending of the story) feel free to discuss all aspects of the game. I would really love to hear everyone's history with the game as well. Due to the nature of the game, there will be no checkpoints and participants should play at their own pace.

In terms of hardware, Diablo is available on PC and PS1 only.  I know that PC was once available through online multiplayer, but I think Battle.Net for the first game has been disabled.  Please let us know in the forums below if there is any way to play this in multiplayer and perhaps we can get a group or two going a few nights during the month.

Thanks for participating!

singlebanana

PARTICIPANTS:
Addicted
BuriedonMars
Crabmaster2000
Disposed Hero
douglie007
Fleach
GrayGhost81
NeoMagicWarrior
noiseredux
Pam
ReddMcKnight
russlyman
singlebanana
wildbil52

CHECKPOINTS:
** Since the story in this game is light and really can't be spoiled, I am suggesting the participants play at their own pace this month and discussion should not be limited to checkpoints. However, I am adding the following weekly checkpoints in case participants want to have a means to monitor their progress. Hellfire players will of course have 8 more levels**

WEEK 1: Finish levels 1-4 (Cathedral)
WEEK 2: Finish levels 5-8 (Catacombs)
WEEK 3: Finish levels 9-12 (Caves)
WEEK 4: Finish levels 13-16 (Hell)

ACHIEVEMENTS:
**Diablo is unique in that available quests can change from game to game.  If anyone has any ideas for achievements for this game that are available across classes and overall availability, please let me know.**

1. Find Wirt the pegleg boy.
2. Enter the Catacombs.
3. Complete The Chamber of Bone.
4. Enter the Caves.
5. Enter Hell.
6. Finish two of three quests: The Butcher, The Poisoned Water Supply or The Curse of King Leoric
7. Finish either quest: Gharbad the Weak or Ogden's Sign
8. Finish two of three quests: The Magic Rock, Valor, or Halls of the Blind
9. Finish two of three quests: Zhar the Mad, Black Mushroom, or Anvil of Fury
10. Finish either quest: Lachdanan or Warlord of Blood
11. Destroy Archbishop Lazarus.
12. Defeat Diablo.

TIPS & TRICKS:

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:23:28 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 12:00:31 PM »

sounds good maybe I can jump into this

Now your playing with power!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 06:35:26 PM »

It's about time you guys picked this one!

Wink

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 06:53:53 PM »

Enter the playghrough where no one finishes! Muha ha ha!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 01:05:46 PM »

@Duke.Togo: Have you played the PC Engine CD version? You really should.... although I like the Genesis soundtrack better.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 01:25:13 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 08:19:36 PM »

@Duke.Togo: Have you played the PC Engine CD version? You really should.... although I like the Genesis soundtrack better.

No, although I am aware of it. That is such an amazing system.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 09:59:44 AM »

Awesome, I've played through both Diablo II and III but have only dabbled with the original back on the PS1 when I was a kid.  I think I'm going to try to get this working on PC and give it a proper playthrough in March!  Smiley

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 10:36:45 AM »

Game announcement is up. GET PUMPED!

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 10:37:13 AM »

I was about to get excited that you had picked a PC game... but this isn't available anywhere for PC (and making old computers work isn't my jam).
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 10:44:14 AM »

I was about to get excited that you had picked a PC game... but this isn't available anywhere for PC (and making old computers work isn't my jam).

I'm sure there are ways out there to make this game playable on modern PCs without having to make "old computers work." Ha ha!  Did a simple search and it looks like Blizzard is really supportive in helping people play their old games.

http://www.play-old-pc-ga...es.com/2016/02/24/diablo/

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 10:45:58 AM »

I meant I wanted a digital download from something like Steam or Gog (or Blizzard themselves... I wonder why D2 is available but not D1)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 10:59:29 AM »

Count me in. I have to see what way will work for me... and stop playing Hellfire.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 12:13:27 PM »

I'm in the same boat as Pam. This game is impossible to find digitally, and some PCs (like mine) don't even have a CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Drive...Not that I can find the disc either. Tongue

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 01:55:16 PM »

I'm gonna do it.  I have the game on PC with Hellfire.  No excuses.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 02:03:09 PM »

If Hellfire is allowed I'll install it as well.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length