RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:07:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | GAME OVER, MAN!!! GAME OVER!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: GAME OVER, MAN!!! GAME OVER!!!  (Read 2940 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: February 28, 2017, 03:40:20 PM »

R.I.P. Bill Paxton, the only man to have been killed by a terminator, a xenomorph, and a predator.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/0...26/bill-paxton-dead-dies/

Then there was that time he was changed into a pile of sh*t by a hot computer simulation come-to-life.

Now, what to have for lunch...

RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 03:49:50 PM »

=( I loved this guy. In pretty much everything he did. The movie you've shown and mentioned,Twister,Apollo 13.....

The Fish Heads music video stars him, which I love. (my dad introduced it to me thankfully like 10 years ago)

And this is the first I am hearing of it.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 04:15:22 PM »

=( I loved this guy. In pretty much everything he did. The movie you've shown and mentioned,Twister,Apollo 13.....

The Fish Heads music video stars him, which I love. (my dad introduced it to me thankfully like 10 years ago)

And this is the first I am hearing of it.

I haven't heard the Fish Heads song or seen the video since the mid-80s! I first saw it when Dr. Demento was a guest on this late-night stand up comedy show that played on a local UHF station.
RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 05:17:34 PM »

Lol, hence my dad showing me on youtube. I was born in 1990, so I wasn't even around. But still, I like the song, I like funny shit like that. Besides go look at my post in What are you listening to now? and you'll see that most the stuff I like is from before I was born, so maybe I would have found it eventually.

I remember Twister was one of the first non kids movies my mom and grandma ever took me to the theater to see. I was only like 6. It left an impression on me. Another star left us way too soon from that movie too, Phillip Seymour Hoffman. He still had a lot of life left in him too.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 05:23:40 PM by RobotWillie » Logged

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 11:02:03 PM »

Hey now,

Lol, hence my dad showing me on youtube. I was born in 1990, so I wasn't even around. But still, I like the song, I like funny shit like that. Besides go look at my post in What are you listening to now? and you'll see that most the stuff I like is from before I was born, so maybe I would have found it eventually.

You probably don't remember a time where the ol' boob-tube had several independent stations, and not just network or network-affiliate channels. You really missed out, bud.

ANYway, here's another personal-fave Bill Paxton moment:

RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 11:18:06 PM »

I might remember but my memory would need to be jogged. I live in a fairly good sized city but not big enough to have any local shows really. We have CBS,ABC,NBC and Fox news stationed here. We have a channel that the city government airs stuff on, but we never really had anyone that had a local show. So I didn't see that either really. I guess the word I am looking for is cable access TV. Alright maybe the fishing dudes have a show that is based around here. I remember they always came on after the Seahawks played for many years. But I have never been fishing. Only during times of great boredom would I watch that. So almost never.

So what I am saying is my city is the ares TV market, so if the TV market doesn't really have any local shows than its not going to go and air one from Seattle or Portland usually. One of the channels I think we still get is WGN, Chicago's main news and sports channel. That is the channel we get for some reason thats based the farthest away. Because I remember wondering why there was always Cubs and White Sox games on when they were not our local Mariners, turns out it was a channel that mostly airs to greater Illinois.

We have a PBS too, I believe we share our local PBS with friends north of the border in Alberta.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KSPS-TV

So I know we get a channel based in Idaho that airs shows about Idaho and the Northwest. Or used to at least. (Idaho is only 20 miles away)

I guess what I am saying is, my city probably didn't have much in the way of independent channels anyway.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 11:28:14 PM by RobotWillie » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length