RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:27:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | RF Generation Events | RetroWorld Expo 2017 October 14-15 Hartford, CT 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: RetroWorld Expo 2017 October 14-15 Hartford, CT  (Read 43117 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2017, 09:07:23 PM »

I love how white they made me on the cover of the program

You should have had a mega beer in your hand.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2017, 09:19:24 PM »

I so wish I could go. Sad

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 01:10:27 PM »

Who’s ready for some fibbage and draw ful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2017, 10:31:44 PM »

I’m glad I could meet some of you today. Sorry I didn’t stick around for too long. See ya again next time hopefully.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:30:18 PM by Fleabitten » Logged
zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2017, 04:02:41 PM »

I mentioned a bit of this on Sunday night, but I just wanted to thank everyone for making me feel like a friend. I think I was the only one who hadn't met the team in person yet, and even though we knew each other from the site, sometimes you can't really tell how things will go in person. But right off the bat everyone couldn't have been more open and welcoming, so I appreciate it. Started to feel like good friends pretty quickly, which doesn't happen often for me. If I can make it next year and someone wants to stay closer to the venue (assuming it's in the same place, of course) feel free to reach out about sharing a room.

Finally, to those urging me to put my NYC detour back on the itinerary for Nintendo World, it was totally worth it! Bill's directions were spot on and I managed to pack a lot into just the few hours I was there. Got to see Nintendo World (my inner child was kind of freaking out), Times Square, a couple awesome hole-in-the-wall game and media stores, even some good NY pizza. RWX and NYC were both a blast, one of the busiest, but best, long weekends I've had in quite some time!

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2017, 06:25:13 PM »

Here’s a great write up of the Expo by my buddy rich.  If you went or missed out a must read.

https://commaeightcommaon...ro-world-expo-2017-recap/

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2017, 07:01:12 PM »

Here’s a great write up of the Expo by my buddy rich.  If you went or missed out a must read.

Russ, does your friend have a Twitter account? I'd like to thank him.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2017, 09:38:21 PM »

@zophar53: It was great to finally meet you, and I had a blast hanging around with you and the guys. The Nintendo Store really is something worth visiting; glad you got a chance to make the trek!

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2017, 10:56:29 AM »

I mentioned a bit of this on Sunday night, but I just wanted to thank everyone for making me feel like a friend. I think I was the only one who hadn't met the team in person yet, and even though we knew each other from the site, sometimes you can't really tell how things will go in person. But right off the bat everyone couldn't have been more open and welcoming, so I appreciate it. Started to feel like good friends pretty quickly, which doesn't happen often for me. If I can make it next year and someone wants to stay closer to the venue (assuming it's in the same place, of course) feel free to reach out about sharing a room.

I think we talked about this at dinner. This is exactly how I felt the first year. I feel like I tend to take time to warm up to new people sometimes. From the moment I walked in, I felt like we'd been meeting up for years.

You fit right in from the beginning. It was nice to meet you in person. I might have to take you up on that room offer though... Smiley

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2017, 02:42:30 PM »

Russ, does your friend have a Twitter account? I'd like to thank him.
Yes his Twitter is. ‪@TheDeviot ‬

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2017, 02:42:46 PM »

Also video should be up tomorrow

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2017, 09:37:41 AM »

ok guys the video is live. enjoy
https://goo.gl/E9wgFF

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2017, 10:12:54 AM »

Incredible Russ!  Can't thank you enough for putting this video together and capturing that memory. Smiley

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2017, 12:31:30 PM »

Looks like it was a lot of fun! Congrats to singlebanana!

Why does Crabby have a necklace of a labeless N64 cart?

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2017, 02:04:53 PM »

Looks like it was a lot of fun! Congrats to singlebanana!

Why does Crabby have a necklace of a labeless N64 cart?

Thanks!  And to answer your question, Crabby came in 3rd place in the Mario Kart tournament.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length