RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:21:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | CD-I Collecting! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: CD-I Collecting!  (Read 7950 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 12:21:54 PM »

As for Zelda, I got a great deal on 2 out of 3 of the Zelda's and they do suck.  Price totally does not justify buying it.

Are they really that bad?! I saw the AVGN episode but he hates on games I totally like. I don't agree with him that Jekyll & Hyde is a bad game but he certainly does. The Zelda CD-I games at least look entertaining with the weird cut scenes.

The cut scenes are... interesting.  If I recall correctly, the hit detection sucks and there is lag between button pushes.  Gameplay wasn't too spectacular, either.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 12:36:49 PM »

As for Zelda, I got a great deal on 2 out of 3 of the Zelda's and they do suck.  Price totally does not justify buying it.

Are they really that bad?! I saw the AVGN episode but he hates on games I totally like. I don't agree with him that Jekyll & Hyde is a bad game but he certainly does. The Zelda CD-I games at least look entertaining with the weird cut scenes.

The cut scenes are... interesting.  If I recall correctly, the hit detection sucks and there is lag between button pushes.  Gameplay wasn't too spectacular, either.

All true signs of a crappy game. LOL

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 04:36:48 PM »

Fokakis (and everyone else), I highly recommend you read this article, if for nothing else than to become correctly informed:

http://hardcoregaming101.net/zeldacdi/zeldacdi.htm

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 03:18:45 AM »

Fokakis (and everyone else), I highly recommend you read this article, if for nothing else than to become correctly informed:

Pretty comprehensive, good read! Yeah I have no doubt budgetary issues was the main problem. Which is why I will keep an open mind and pick them up.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 06:43:50 PM »

Just read it and wasn't going to continue after reading that the author thought it was better than Zelda II.  These games aren't even close to touching Zelda.  It was an interesting read, though, hearing from someone who helped create the game.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 08:26:17 PM »

All I can say is good luck! I can't find CD-i or 3DO Games around here anymore - and sadly I kind of want to get back into 3DO.  Cd-i Maybe if I can get them cheap.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 04:22:26 PM »

All I can say is good luck! I can't find CD-i or 3DO Games around here anymore - and sadly I kind of want to get back into 3DO.  Cd-i Maybe if I can get them cheap.

I see 3DO stuff in game stores still. I never see CD-I either, locally. I might be getting in to something impossible here, but I will give it a shot. Could be that I get most of it from eBay. I just think it will be fun to get some friends together and play some CD-I. Its possible I may lose some friends over this. 😊  Definitely not taking this as serious I am Atari 5200.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length