RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:01:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | RF Generation Events | Missouri Game Con. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Missouri Game Con.  (Read 94576 times)
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: May 27, 2017, 08:35:04 PM »

Missouri Game Con is coming Aug. 12 & 13.   Who's going???  I can't wait for it.  It will be my first game convention.  Apparently they had the first one last year and I missed it somehow.  It is being held at the St. Charles Family Arena.

https://www.mogamecon.com/ 

Here is the link for info.

What can I expect to see?  Do vendors trade at these conventions?   Will I find good deals or will everyone be selling for eBay prices.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 09:49:46 AM »

If you're asking about cons in general, vendors come in all sorts. Of the ones I've been to, some trade but most don't. Some do Ebay prices and some of those are bad enough to look up prices on their phone on Ebay (or somewhere) when you ask what they want for something. The bulk of the vendors I've seen do something less than Ebay and are willing to go lower the more you buy. Some of the vendors are just people with collections that show up and use it as a reason to hang out and sell off extra stuff. That group is likely to be the cheapest. Oh, and judging by the last two shows I've been to, NES games are now made of gold and people won't haggle on them and charge all the $$$ for them as well    laugh

Pricing often changes over the length of the the con. Highest prices at opening and lowest prices near the end. Last 15-30 minutes when people are looking at what they have to box up and carry out is when you can get the best deals. Catch the right vendor at the right moment of closing up and you can get some things for nearly free sometimes, nothing worth lots but if you're looking to fill out common xbox360 games or the like you can really get good deals. Best stuff is sold early on though, so it really pays to be there first thing if you're wanting to find the best stuff.

While some vendors have a way for you to pay with a credit/debit card, most are cash only.

I looked at that link you put up, says that John Riggs is going to be there. He goes to most of the shows I go to since we live in the same part of the world. Last show I went to he was standing right near me as Fokakis and I were playing a game he ported to NES. I had no idea. I guess he has a YT channel were he talks about a lot of homebrews, hardware and otherwise. I just thought he was a regular at the shows I went to and didn't know he did that sort of thing. Wish I had actually talked to him rather than just play his game  Smiley
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 04:35:42 PM »

I was at the one last year.  It was a good con with mostly vendors.  From what I remember, most prices were ok and most vendors were willing to deal and trade.  I'll be there again this year.  cverz2, are you in the STL retro gaming group on facebook?

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 06:40:51 PM »

I was at the one last year.  It was a good con with mostly vendors.  From what I remember, most prices were ok and most vendors were willing to deal and trade.  I'll be there again this year.  cverz2, are you in the STL retro gaming group on facebook?

No I didn't know we had one.   I'll have to look it up.  Thanks
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 03:45:22 PM »

Not too far away, but my wife works weekends, so probably can't make it. Might be fun to do in the future though!

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 12:24:41 PM »

The date for this year has been announced but no venue yet.  August 4th, 2018.  It's back down to just one day this year.

There's some more info on the facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/MoGameCon/

https://www.mogamecon.com/

I also always recommend the St. Louis Retro Gamers Facebook Group if you are in the area.

https://www.facebook.com/...roups/stlouisretrogamers/

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 04:29:06 PM »

Just bumping this back up as the con is this Saturday, 8/4!

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 05:03:56 PM »

Kansas City is a 3 hour drive, but St. Louis is far enough away that I'd have to have a better plan. Also, I'm busy this weekend. I might have to plan to go next year, however. I still haven't managed to make it to a con Sad

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 11:06:16 AM »

Had a great time at the con this year.  The new venue worked really well (although my phone data was absolute crap inside).  It looked like there was a great turn out and the panels (I didn't go to any) looked pretty busy.  All in all, it was a great con.  Here is a pic I stole off of Facebook to get you an idea of the size.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 09:59:59 PM »

I had a great time!  Loved the new venue.  Tons of games to look through. My son got in the Smash Tournament and had a blast with that.

Also I got my Rampage cart signed by the creator.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 07:14:35 AM »

Looks like a cool con!  Bear78 & cverz2, keep us updated about next year's date and location and maybe we can work on some kind of RF Generation meetup through the site.  I know that RWX is the big one that many of the staff attend, but I'd like to see us start meetups all over.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 08:55:22 AM »

Ha, I'm dead center in your top picture Clint (gray shirt, giant backpack)! 

@singlebanana Yeah, that might be cool.  They haven't announced anything yet but I'll post something in here when they do.  The Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee is the other game con I usually get to and is another awesome con.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 11:43:46 AM »

Let me know early once there is a date. I'm over in KC and would try to be able to make a meetup there.

calebjross
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2019, 02:25:13 PM »

Is anyone going to this year's con (Aug 3rd)? This will be my first time at MO Game Con. I've only been to one other con, so I'm excited to see how this one compares.

I don't collect much, but I do simply love being around so many people who love video games.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 11:17:39 AM »

Yep, I'll be there!  I've been to all of them so far.  It's a good con that been growing steadily.  It's mostly vendors / panels with a few cabs to play.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length