RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:54:11 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | July 2017 Playthrough - Shining Force II 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: July 2017 Playthrough - Shining Force II  (Read 21929 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 07:18:12 PM »

I played the first with you guys and I'll do the same this time!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 10:49:05 PM »

I want in on this one. Surprisingly, I don't have a cart of this anymore. If anyone has one for sale/trade, hit me up.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2017, 10:54:39 PM »

I want in on this one. Surprisingly, I don't have a cart of this anymore. If anyone has one for sale/trade, hit me up.

It's also on that Sega Sonic Collection

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2017, 11:17:17 PM »

I know, but I want to play the cart. Just found a decent deal on it, so it's on the way. Count me in.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2017, 02:23:13 AM »

Looks like I am going to be trying to finish Shining Force II, during my spare time, in July.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2017, 03:20:57 PM »

@singlebanana - Sorry to be that guy, but the picture on the 1st post is of the 1st SF's Main Cast...unless we're not being nitpicky about this. Smiley

Also, wouldn't it make more sense to play the actual sequel to the first game, instead of the SF2? The direct follow up to SF1 is Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict.

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2017, 05:54:51 PM »

It never makes sense to play a Game Gear game... 😉

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2017, 10:11:27 PM »

It never makes sense to play a Game Gear game... 😉
They were remade for the Sega CD as shining force CD. Had gaiden 1 and 2, the 3rd was up only in Japan on the gg

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2017, 07:20:34 AM »

So I started this early because I will be on vacation the first 2 weeks of July.  A few observations, I found that moving is "too fast" for in the town.  I constantly have problems talking to the townsfolk because I shoot past them and than when I turn around, I shoot past them again.  So aggravating.  Also, is there a way in game to see what the items do?  I have several items and I can't figure out what they do from within the game.  Thanks.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2017, 07:24:22 AM »

I couldn't find any item desriptions either. I had to look up a guide. Weapons are the same way.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2017, 08:08:04 AM »

So I started this early because I will be on vacation the first 2 weeks of July.  A few observations, I found that moving is "too fast" for in the town.  I constantly have problems talking to the townsfolk because I shoot past them and than when I turn around, I shoot past them again.  So aggravating.  Also, is there a way in game to see what the items do?  I have several items and I can't figure out what they do from within the game.  Thanks.

Hmm.. I'm not having the movement problem.  Are you playing on the Genesis or the Sonic Collection?

To determine what items do, I would just Google them or ask about it here.  Unfortunately, the manual only has a limited amount of information, which is kind of cool, since they wanted players to figure it out. There are some rather quirky items that you pick up through out the game. Some are permanent stat boosters, which I've heard should not be used until after promotion. And there are even some items that help you get better weapons toward the end of the game. Be sure not to discard anything before looking it up.  

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2017, 09:10:30 AM »

I will be playing on my genesis

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2017, 09:34:26 AM »

I will be playing on my genesis

Me too!  Come on battery, hold out!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2017, 11:41:11 AM »

Me too!  Come on battery, hold out!

I have only had one Genesis game battery go bad so far. It was a golf game, so not that worried.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2017, 06:14:41 PM »

You fellers need to take advantage of my battery replacement services prior to these playthroughs. I swapped a brand new one into my cart.

I've been playing for quite a while so am pretty far along, but I'll stick with the schedule and avoid spoilers.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length