RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:21:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #38 - RF Generation Playcast (Syberia) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #38 - RF Generation Playcast (Syberia)  (Read 11737 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: June 09, 2017, 09:25:21 PM »

COMING SOON

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 10:46:28 AM »

Got a good chuckle out if me when you asked Shawn if he felt moved to tears by the ending of Syberia. So funny.

I'm extremely ok being associated with Dio when you guys think of me. That's awesome Smiley

Gotta pause the show now to watch the Nintendo E3 Direct, but I'll keep it going later tonight.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 01:51:57 PM »

I'm looking forward to this! I shall listen tomorrow at work.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 03:47:20 PM »

Thanks for listening all. It was a fun episode to record.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 06:39:17 PM »

In case anyone has thoughts of Syberia 3....

https://www.amazon.com/Sy...-2&keywords=syberia+3

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 07:17:57 PM »

3 or 4 SEGA CDs Addicted? If you have model 1's make sure you recap them soon.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 08:32:29 PM »

@Duke.Togo: I have three model 2s and one model 1. Thanks for the advice on the model 1. I'll have to grab a cap kit from console 5.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 08:52:18 AM »

Good episode, guys! Addicted was a great guest, very insightful.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 09:01:14 AM »

Good episode, guys! Addicted was a great guest, very insightful.

Thanks Pam. I really thought he did a great job of breaking down all the themes within the game. It was a little more unorthodox than our typical episodes, but I think the game lent itself to that sort of conversation. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for all your comments on the thread!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 04:28:52 AM »

Finished listening now. This is one of my favorite episodes I think. Much like Syberia itself, it just had a very different tone to it than your other episodes. Addicted was definitely a worthwhile guest and added a lot of background info to the show. Definitely looked at it fairly and objectively I think. Like was echoed in the show it may not have been a homerun, but I don't regret playing it at all. I've been very curious about it for years and really enjoyed the discussion that followed.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 07:48:38 AM »

Thanks for listening Crabby. Yeah, this show kind of went off the rails as I mentioned, in regards to our typical format. However, I knew it was going to be a good show before I even started editing it. I'm sure you appreciated the Megadeath as well. 😉

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 08:17:42 AM »

Thanks for listening Crabby. Yeah, this show kind of went off the rails as I mentioned, in regards to our typical format. However, I knew it was going to be a good show before I even started editing it. I'm sure you appreciated the Megadeath as well. 😉

That's sellout 90s Megadeth (gotta drop the second "a"). Not my cup of tea Wink

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 07:38:37 AM »

I have 3 model 1s, they are working fine, why the rush to recap?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 08:20:43 AM »

I have 3 model 1s, they are working fine, why the rush to recap?

Because if those caps hurl, you could risk irreparable board damage. Bad caps are one thing, leaky caps another.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 09:12:14 AM »

To be fair, I know you said that most did not like this game.  I liked it when I played the PS3, I just despised the DS version, it removed a lot of the puzzles and it was only 5$ at game stop so I want out a lot of money.  the 2nd one added more to the story.  I havent played the 3rd one yet but its on my PS4 shelf.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length