RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:12:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Most Anticipated games from E3? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Most Anticipated games from E3?  (Read 3717 times)
Antonio94
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« on: June 20, 2017, 02:48:49 AM »

E3 this year is quite intriguing for me and there are quite a number games which I really anticipate:
1) God of War 4 - New side of Kratos, he's now a father raising a son and we can see more of his changing in human characteristics, not just simply raging and killing.
2) Anthem - Though I'm quite skeptical about the video on E3 which looks rather scripted, I still want to hope for this guy since it's Bioware after all... But again, it should not be a "failure" like Andromeda.
3) Shadow of the Colossus Remake - This one looks extremely gorgeous, it really makes me feel nostalgic about the old game on PS2. However, I'm wondering what they will change in this remake version, besides graphic of course.
4) Beyond Good and Evil 2 - This one really caught me off-guard, I didn't think they would show the sequel of this game here. Definitely something to look for.
5) AC Origins - I used to a big fan of AC franchise from AC2 to AC4 Black Flag. After that, I really disappoint with Unity and abandon this franchise since then. This new AC Origins look promising, but I think I will still keep an eye out for this title.
And those are my list, there are probably more but they are my most anticipated for now. What do you think? What's your list?

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 07:01:51 AM »

I'm most looking forward to:
1) Wolfenstein The New Colossus - The New Order was fantastic and the trailer for this was amazing. I am all there shooting more Nazis.
2) State of Decay 2 - Again, really liked the first game. I really like how this game combines base building and resource management with typical zombie action.
3) Shadow of the Colossues remake - I love this game and I'd really like to replay it with some updated controls.
4) Ori and the Will of the Wisps - The original Ori is the best current gen platformer and was so beautiful.
5) Tacoma - From the makers of Gone Home. I love the idea of exploring an abandonned space station.

I'm not sure about Beyond Good and Evil. I waited for this game for so long (and I think we'll all be waiting years still), but I just found myself cringing through the entire trailer.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 08:45:59 AM »

If we are picking 5 I'd probably go with:

Mario Odyssey - Can't wait to be Dinosaur Mario!!

Rabbids X Mario - I had very low expectation on this one going into E3. The combat looks absolutely amazing though and I feel like I might get a few chuckles out of it as well. Definitely looking forward to picking it up!

South Park Fractured But Whole - Been waiting a long long time for this. Absolutely loved the first South Park RPG and this one looks like it's gonna top it in every conceivable way!

Spider-Man - Very excited to have Spider-Man handled by a competent studio. The gameplay demo during Sony's conference made the action look really great (took some serious ques from the Arkham games which I love). Little worried that the story might fall flat after that trailer, but should still be a good time being spidey.

Shadow of the Colossus - Just finished Last Guardian and it's definitely been long enough that I'm ready to dive into this one again. Hoping it's kinda like a director's cut and maybe after you finish the main game they unlock some new Colossus to figure out. That would be epic!

I'm not sure about Beyond Good and Evil. I waited for this game for so long (and I think we'll all be waiting years still), but I just found myself cringing through the entire trailer.

So glad I'm not the only one! I loved Beyond Good and Evil and have been greatly anticipating the sequel. This looked and felt nothing like Beyond Good and Evil though. This article talked about the game behind closed doors and it sounds more like they are going for a Mass Effect style game than a Beyond game. I'm extremely worried its gonna be a huge open world multiplayer game instead of what I want.

http://www.vgchartz.com/a...d-doors-details-revealed/

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 09:25:48 AM »

Just going in the order that things were shown/announced:

A Way Out - Most people don't seem hyped for this, and I can understand why, but this looks like the perfect game for me to play through with a particular friend of mine.  We both enjoy these types of stories, and I think the gameplay style will be right up our alley.

Anthem - I agree that the trailer for this game looked rather scripted, but it still looked cool nonetheless.  After just finishing the underwhelming Mass Effect: Andromeda, I am optimistic that BioWare can redeem themselves with Anthem.

Metro: Exodus - I really enjoyed Metro 2033, so of course I'm looking forward to a new title.  I guess I should play Last Light some time...

The Evil Within 2 - I really enjoyed the first Evil Within and am stoked for the sequel.

Wolfenstein II - Wolfenstein: The New Order was surprisingly good.  The sequel should be great as well.

Days Gone - I know this game looks all kinds of generic and like a knock off of other popular games, but I don't care.  I still think it looks awesome.

God of War - This game looks like such a departure from the previous GoW titles that I'm really not sure what to make of it, but I am confident that it will be good.

Detroit: Become Human - I've loved every Quantic Dream game since Indigo Prophecy, and I'm sure Detroit will be no exception.

Metroid: Samus Returns - This is the first 2D Metroid game in what, 15 years?  How could I not be excited?  The inclusion of some new mechanics like melee attacks makes me a bit apprehensive, but hopefully everything will come together well.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 09:59:50 AM »

Detroit should have been on my list too. Slipped my mind somehow. Nothing but good feelings for Heavy Rain and Beyond. Bump Shadow of the colossus off and add Detroit!!

Anthem looked so similar to Xenoblade Chronicles X from what I saw. Like crazy similar.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Stevie Mallan
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 03:46:37 AM »

Anthem - I agree that the trailer for this game looked rather scripted, but it still looked cool nonetheless.  After just finishing the underwhelming Mass Effect: Andromeda, I am optimistic that BioWare can redeem themselves with Anthem.

Agreed. Graphics is very nice, but I think Bioware will downgrade it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:30:57 AM by Stevie Mallan » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length