RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:38:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October 2017 Playthrough - Until Dawn 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: October 2017 Playthrough - Until Dawn  (Read 12995 times)
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 04:36:27 PM »

How many ending could you get on this game?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 10:15:23 AM »

Checkpoints are now up in the initial post. Good luck surviving.........if you choose to do so. Smiley

CHECKPOINTS
Week 1 - October 1st - 7th - Chapters 1-2
Week 2 - October 8th - 14th - Chapters 3-5
Week 3 - October 15th - 21st - Chapters 6-8
Week 4 - October 22nd - 31st - Chapters 9-10

Due to the multiple endings, I know that some participants may want to play through more than once. However, let's keep the discussions limited to the checkpoints to avoid spoilers.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 08:57:06 AM »

How many ending could you get on this game?

I'm not really sure about the definitive answer to this question, but I know there are lots of them.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 12:31:51 PM »

Wow, I have not had time to play this at all this week.  I also am facing a dilemma.  My niece started the game, and has not finished it... should I start a new game and loose everything she has done. or finish it, and replay it.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2017, 01:35:47 PM »

This game was the reason I bought a PS4. I played it at my buddies house and was hooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 01:45:06 PM »

We so far, I have killed everyone I could in the first 3 chapters...

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 01:51:03 PM »

YES! I had the same impulse with these A-holes and was waiting to see if anyone else felt the same.  evilhappy

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 09:18:02 AM »

YES! I had the same impulse with these A-holes and was waiting to see if anyone else felt the same.  evilhappy

So I finished the first two Chapters last night.  I didn't manage to have anyone die (except in the intro, which I assume is a given) and I'm wondering if anyone could have died in those chapters, or do deaths not start occurring until Chapter 3.  Seems to be quite a lot of buildup and no real game play for me at this point.

While I think that this is a beautiful game and I really dig the atmosphere, there is something that just does not feel right about the controls.  I hate that my scope of each area and the space is limited. I'm so used to being able to look around and move in a 360 fashion and I'm perplexed as to why movement is so restricted. Also, why is there no run feature?  Oh, I see, press L1 to walk only slightly faster................geez.

I know that I am griping a bit here, but I am actually enjoying this game a lot and can't wait to play some more tonight.  I the decision making process, the quick QTEs, and the possibility of multiple outcomes. The psychology sessions are pretty unsettling and I was not prepared for Peter Storemare, dude's head is creepy enough on its own.  Having just watched our RF Gen monthly movie, "Brainscan," this game is really screwing with my head (for those who have watched/played both, you probably know why).

I have to be honest, I don't mind the characters or find them annoying like a lot of you do. Going into this game and discussing it in the past with Shawn on the podcast, I expected to hate them, but that's not the case for me.  As some of you know, I watch A LOT of horror films, and as a result, I find these overtly, stereotypical characters pretty much the norm.  The a#@hole, the b#$ch, the jock, the fool, the imbalanced (probably "red herring"), the dumb blonde, the "true" lovers, the nerd, and even who I predict is "the final girl," are all common tropes and fill those predictable roles.  Yeah, we're not breaking any new ground here, but that's kind of the point, and where the genre has been since the late 70s, and especially the blockbuster slashers of the early 80's.

Anyway, I'd like to hear more of everyone's thoughts on this game, since we have arrived at the first checkpoint DEADline.  
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:20:59 AM by singlebanana » Logged

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 09:48:52 AM »

It may have been chapter 3 that the dying started.  But I'm not that far, I hope to get to the end of the 2nd check point on time. But really the only one I don't like is Emily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 10:31:12 AM »

So, I love this game. I even dedicated an episode of my podcast, Media Mavens, to it. I don't *hate* (or love to hate) any of the characters, but the one who does bother me is Chris. He's such a stereotypical "nice guy". I really enjoy the game's opening and the mystery it sets up, and I also really like how at times not making a decision is something that can drive the story forward. I really love the QTE's though I find holding the vibrating PS4 controller still really difficult. That's where most of my failures happening on my first playthrough.

When I played first I wasn't sure how much choice there actually was.
Spoiler (hover to show)
. But there are definitely different scenes based on some actions. The first time I played I had Mike be kind of a dick to Jess, and this time I had him be really supportive to Jess and a bit combative towards Emily. Their scene in the cabin played out very differently. 
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2017, 07:24:17 AM »

Just wrapped up the game last night.  I have to say that I was really disappointed in my ending, which had a nothing to do with the game's story, but because the only two people who survived were the two characters that I despised the most! I was so disappointed that I immediately played Chapter 10 again to flush out a different ending.

I have to say that I really enjoyed the QTE parts of this game, though I'm not sure there was any negative impact for messing them up in many places. However, there are some places where failing a QTE will result in your characters' death and because you're not ever sure of which events these are, there is always an incentive to do your best (unless you are GrayGhost and are trying to kill everyone...).  I have to say though, the places where you have to "be still" can be a bit ridiculous and I failed a few of them in the last Chapter.  Not sure how sensitive these types of events are, but I might have been sitting too close to the TV (dead controller on charger) or my hand tremors worked against me.

It's been a while since some of you have checked in on this thread, so I'd like to hear about how everyone's progress is going and thoughts on the game.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2017, 11:47:33 AM »

Just a heads up for anyone who wants to join Best Buy has this game for $15 and $12 with GCU:

https://www.bestbuy.com/s...Ak-PikOydAOcDKY5yUiRl0LBw

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
RedDawg50
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 06:46:45 AM »

Finished it up last night. Only had two to make it out.
The story really started to get out there at the end.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 07:32:59 AM »

Finished it up last night. Only had two to make it out.
The story really started to get out there at the end.

Yeah, the story is pretty wild, but kind of fun playing two different stories.

Shawn and I did our podcast about the game last night, so expect that around the middle of next month.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 10:22:58 AM »

I have just started chapter 9 with Mike.  I have a guess of the ending.  I believe that the creature is the Hannah, and she ate some of her dead sister, and transformed.  that's why Josh was not killed and was dragged away.... That's just what I guess.  I don't know if that should be spoiler, because I could be way off.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length