RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:47:01 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Help with fixing a controller 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help with fixing a controller  (Read 2238 times)
Jmmcwho
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« on: September 19, 2017, 05:44:22 AM »

I recently purchased a spongebob ps2 controller but it has a few spots where the black wire cover is split. How can I fix them without electrical tape? I was going to do heat shrink but I'm not sure how to disassemble  the plug end and I've never soldered anything before. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 07:24:46 AM »

Any pics you can post?  That may help with someone getting you more accurate information to help you.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Jmmcwho
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 01:38:41 PM »

I can't get pictures to load up
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 05:53:30 PM »

If already have a photo service, try looking for a "Forum" link, or just use the provided photo's URL in between IMG tags.  If you don't have an account with Photobucket or Flickr try out <a href:"http://tinypic.com/">TinyPic[/url].  You don't need an account to start.  Just click off the popups, click on "Choose File" then "Upload Now" (you may have to do a Capcha).  Select everything within the "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" box, and paste it here.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 06:46:00 PM »

For something like this, I would use the cord from another junk controller and reattach it at the controller board. Many controllers have a plug on the board to disconnect the controller lead, so you may not need to solder.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 09:09:34 PM »

For something like this, I would use the cord from another junk controller and reattach it at the controller board. Many controllers have a plug on the board to disconnect the controller lead, so you may not need to solder.
Not as easy to replace when the plug is unique...
Jmmcwho
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 12:29:23 AM »

Yeah that's my problem. Just trying to fix the splits without damaging the controller but still being able to avoid electrical tape. Not big splits just 2 small one probably less than 1 inch each
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length