RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:11:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #43 - RF Generation Playcast (Until Dawn) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #43 - RF Generation Playcast (Until Dawn)  (Read 5411 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: November 08, 2017, 04:42:25 PM »

Coming Soon!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 08:45:30 AM »

The Until Dawn podcast is up. Listen and let's discuss!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 12:33:48 PM »

Fun episode! I really liked the discussion of animal companions in games. I've wanted to make a video about this for a while.

Rush of Blood is pretty cool in VR. It has some of the imagery from Until Dawn, and the psychologist I think (though it doesn't look like it's Peter Stormare). I think an on-rails (literally on rails, you're in a roller coaster cart) is ideal for a VR game. But it was too scary for me - VR jumpscares are too much. I didn't know there was a prequel for Until Dawn coming out, I look forward to that.

I think Until Dawn looks great and the facial mo-cap is amazing. I can see what you mean in regards to Josh in particular though. Rami Malek, who plays Josh, is a little guy. He's shorter with a slight build but in the game they made him into a much bigger person. I think this is why he looks kind of odd.

I totally shot Emily in the face on my first playthrough when I thought she might turn into a Wendigo.

I can't remember now... if Chris doesn't save Ashleigh during the little Saw-game, she will lock him out of the cabin and get him killed by a Wendigo later on. At this point, has she seen the Wendigos? Does she know she's killing him? Or does she just think she's inconveniencing him and leaving him in the cold? Because if she knew about them I think she wins the award for being the worst. In my game Chris was killed just before this because of a failed QTE.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 01:27:58 PM »

I totally shot Emily in the face on my first playthrough when I thought she might turn into a Wendigo.

Damn Pam, that's some cold-hearted s@$t!  Ha ha. Love it.

I can't remember now... if Chris doesn't save Ashleigh during the little Saw-game, she will lock him out of the cabin and get him killed by a Wendigo later on. At this point, has she seen the Wendigos? Does she know she's killing him? Or does she just think she's inconveniencing him and leaving him in the cold? Because if she knew about them I think she wins the award for being the worst. In my game Chris was killed just before this because of a failed QTE.

I think we all lost Chris in the same place. Was it just me, or was that last QTE a bit quicker than the others?

Thanks a ton for listening. After listening to your show on Media Mavens, I was curious as to what your thoughts would be on our discussion. Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length