RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:00:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February 2018 Playthrough - Vandal Hearts 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: February 2018 Playthrough - Vandal Hearts  (Read 16960 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: January 08, 2018, 03:44:33 PM »

PARTICIPANTS:
GrayGhost81
singlebanana
Disposed Hero
zophar53
douglie007
MetalFRO

Shawn and I have already started playing this game, and I gotta say, "It's really fun!"  I think any of you who are fans of tactical RPG mechanics and a good story will find this game satisfying.  With that said, since Oxenfree was a short game, I'd encourage you to go ahead and get started since February is short month.  Vandal Hearts clocks in at about 20+ hours and there seems to be some added things you can find and do in the game. With that said, if you want the badass completionist ending, use a walkthrough....seriously.  I'm in Chapter 2 and am having to start the game over due to missing something important that I can't backtrack and get.  Anyway, I'm dropping in the checkpoints early in case some of you want to start.  The game is broken into 6 Chapters, so that makes for some good cutoff points:

Week 1 (February 1st - 7th) - Chapters 1 & 2 (approx. 6.5 hours)
Week 2 (February 8th - 14th) - Chapters 3 & 4 (approx. 6.5 hours)
Week 3 (February 15th - 21st) - Chapter 5 (approx. 5 hours)
Week 4 (February 22nd - 28th) - Chapter 6 (approx. 3 hours)  
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:14:35 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 08:12:46 PM »

I thought Feb should be Catherine.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 08:33:41 PM »

I thought Feb should be Catherine.

You'd be incorrect sir.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 10:13:37 AM »

Can't say no to the RPGs.  I'm in!

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 10:18:48 AM »

Can't say no to the RPGs.  I'm in!

Nice!

zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 03:04:06 AM »

I loved Vandal Hearts! My memory/knowledge of the genre is a bit fuzzy pre-PS1 era, but it's possible this was the first tactical RPG I played and/or truly loved. Still have my physical copy. Sign me up.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 05:48:33 AM »

I loved Vandal Hearts! My memory/knowledge of the genre is a bit fuzzy pre-PS1 era, but it's possible this was the first tactical RPG I played and/or truly loved. Still have my physical copy. Sign me up.

Welcome aboard!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 08:57:35 AM »

Yes, Ill be playing also!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 03:17:29 PM »

Added to the initial post, but I thought I'd give you all a nice BUMP so that you'd see it:

Shawn and I have already started playing this game, and I gotta say, "It's really fun!"  I think any of you who are fans of tactical RPG mechanics and a good story will find this game satisfying.  With that said, since Oxenfree was a short game, I'd encourage you to go ahead and get started since February is short month.  Vandal Hearts clocks in at about 20+ hours and there seems to be some added things you can find and do in the game. With that said, if you want the badass completionist ending, use a walkthrough....seriously.  I'm in Chapter 2 and am having to start the game over due to missing something important that I can't backtrack and get.  Anyway, I'm dropping in the checkpoints early in case some of you want to start.  The game is broken into 6 Chapters, so that makes for some good cutoff points:

Week 1 (February 1st - 7th) - Chapters 1 & 2 (approx. 6.5 hours)
Week 2 (February 8th - 14th) - Chapters 3 & 4 (approx. 6.5 hours)
Week 3 (February 15th - 21st) - Chapter 5 (approx. 5 hours)
Week 4 (February 22nd - 28th) - Chapter 6 (approx. 3 hours) 

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 03:55:54 PM »

I started the game a little while back so I hopefully wouldn't be so late in finishing the game like I was with Shining Force II.  Really enjoying it so far.  I didn't know about the missables that are required for the special ending.  I'm already at the start of Chapter 3 though, so I don't think I'm going to start the game over at this point.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 09:39:37 AM »

I'll keep an eye open for this at the game shops over the next few days. If I can find a copy, and it's not prohibitively expensive, I might tag along, assuming I get my consoles hooked up in time Tongue

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 10:01:00 AM »

I'll keep an eye open for this at the game shops over the next few days. If I can find a copy, and it's not prohibitively expensive, I might tag along, assuming I get my consoles hooked up in time Tongue

Typically a $20-$25 game

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 10:53:07 AM »

Typically a $20-$25 game

That's not bad at all, for a PS1 RPG!

[PLAYTHROUGH INTEREST INTENSIFIES]

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 11:10:00 AM »

We always try to make the playthrough picks affordable when we can, or at least downloadable if the original is too expensive. There have only been one or two exceptions that I can think of and they were pushed for by the community.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2018, 11:10:02 PM »

I scored a copy this evening, so count me in! I won’t get to play until minimum Sunday, but I’m hopeful that I can keep up 😁

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length