RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:07:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Thank you 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 2631 times)
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« on: February 10, 2018, 06:09:21 AM »

I use to go by freak_boy and was an early member of this site.  I honestly can't say that I'll remember to come back here all that often if at all.  But I kind of feel like it's important that I at least post this: 

Back when I was in high school I was bullied pretty severely to the point where I was seriously considering suicide. I first found the video game bible at fifteen which then morphed this site helped me out a lot.  Back then I only had one real friend in person, and simply didn't have the self-esteem to walk away from those who tortured me.  Some of the older members like Antimind, Den68, Izret101, NESJunkie Arrrhalomynn, and the late Lord Nepenthean (as well as a few others but it's been a long time so if I left you out, I'm sorry) really helped me through a tough time in my life.  I haven't looked back through my old posts, but I'm sure I posted some stupid ass shit and annoyed the crap out of a lot of you guys.  But you guys were great friends to a depressed high school kid when he really needed it.  I always considered most of the members of this site my friends and I honestly don't think I would be here today if it wasn't for you guys.  You gave me support when I needed it most.  So for that I can only say thank you. 

An update on my life since I disappeared from this site just in case anyone was curious (or even remembers me):
I'm about to turn 31, several years ago I finally able to get over my crush on the elusive Phia (older members may or may not remember her, turns out she's a lesbian -though looking back on our friendship I'm really not surprised-), worked as a machinist for a while (got laid off in 06 but didn't look for more machining work because I saw 3D printing technology -totally misjudged when they would replace that job though-), worked at Walgreens for way too long, now I work for a company called Wafertech making computer chips, got married on Halloween 2015, she found someone else while on an internship at Disney World so I'm now getting divorced, and currently I have a Ross & Rachel style 'will-they-wont-they' thing going on with a 24 year old stripper (only she's not a terrible person like Rachel from Friends).  Though don't worry older members, next time we go out I am going to ask her outright what she wants out of our relationship so we can either start something romantic in nature or I can start looking for someone else.  If she's into me and wants something more awesome, if not then I don't think us being good friends is me settling for anything less important or special.  But I'm too old spend my time fawning over someone who doesn't want to be with me. 

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 08:34:57 AM »

I wondered what happened to you!  I'm hope things work out with your girl.  Don't be a stranger, stick around and we are all here for everyone!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 12:58:52 PM »

Sorry to hear about your life struggles. Hope things get better.
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 08:44:48 AM »

I have a bit of a similar situation myself. I am in a relationship (or maybe thats not the right word) with a 27 year old right hand and I guess at this point its clear they are stuck with me. Anyways, I don't ever want to have to break up with and lose what i consider now an important part of me in in my right hand. Fairly recently though I have started becoming closer to my left hand and while my right hand might consider this cheating I had always understood that we had more of an open relationship. I gladly don't ever seeing them departing and they are old friends by now so they are understanding of each other and it doesn't seem to be turning into jealously.

Meanwhile it seems even though I am still in my 20s my hair has decided to get a divorce and has been bitter and callous as exes and bitches like that will be. And don't just mean on my head I also mean my beard area and it seems legs and down there. I guess its good guys can find lives without this but it still has affected me emotionally negatively. Yes its not required for guys as much as women. But still being so young it sucks and I am still trying to accept it. Mind you it is not normal looking either its random patches, not a uniform spot.

I will not talk about my skin problems right now. Although the problem I mentioned I thought was maybe related but it seems likely not to be. That is probably not the reason I am losing that. Because the skin problems are in that area as well on my head but it seems not to be the reason.

One reassurance or at least answer I have as to my luck is that my youngest uncle had the same thing happen to him and had lost most his hair on top of his head by his mid 30s as well.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length