RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:57:47 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | 40 Winks gets a new release on the N64 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 40 Winks gets a new release on the N64  (Read 4565 times)
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« on: February 13, 2018, 09:26:58 PM »

There is a kickstarter that has launched to release the canceled N64 platforms 40 Winks.  To my knowledge this is the first N64 game to come out and actually be playable since the systems demise.  Yooka-Laylee had an N64 cart but it wasn't actually functional.  Piko Interactive is releasing it.  Being on kickstarter we'll have to see I'd it actually comes out but as an N64 collector I'm going to jump in on this. 
http://kck.st/2sqwF9l
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 10:10:46 PM »

There is a kickstarter that has launched to release the canceled N64 platforms 40 Winks.  To my knowledge this is the first N64 game to come out and actually be playable since the systems demise.  Yooka-Laylee had an N64 cart but it wasn't actually functional.  Piko Interactive is releasing it.  Being on kickstarter we'll have to see I'd it actually comes out but as an N64 collector I'm going to jump in on this.  
http://kck.st/2sqwF9l

Hehe, never knew this game was being ported to the N64 (I played it on the PSX).  I just checked, and it more than doubled its modest goal of $20k.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 11:55:19 AM »

I saw something about this game earlier today on Pinterest.  Kinda cool that this is happening, though I haven't played 40 Winks, and don't know much about it.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 12:40:32 PM »

I too have jumped on board this one cus I love me a bit of N64.

It’s actually a game that was meant to one out back in the day but got cancelled due to monetary reasons etc
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 11:31:36 PM »

Thanks for the heads up!
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 07:59:07 PM »

My copy in today and it was great to have a "new" N64 game.  Cover art on the box is somewhat blurry and looks like a lower quality scan from the PlayStation version and the text on the back of the box is grammatically questionable, but it felt great to open a game with an actual instruction manual.  I think its somewhat funny that of all the video games I've bought this year, an N64 game is probably the only one that came with an actual manual.

The game itself is OK.  I'm running it through my OSSC, and was worried the entire game would output in 480i but so far it seems that only the start screen is 480i.  All gameplay I've seen so far runs at 240p.  I've never played the PlayStation version, but the shots taken at Mario 64 on the PlayStation cover are clearly unfounded.  Also pretty funny to think that I would never have paid ~$60 for this back in 1999, but I gladly would in 2018.

Overall, I'm very pleased and I hope that this encourages more 3rd parties to release N64 ROMs on cartridge, especially considering how hit-or-miss N64 emulation can be.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length