RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:16:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | April 2018 Playthrough - Conker's Bad Fur Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: April 2018 Playthrough - Conker's Bad Fur Day  (Read 17240 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 12:17:22 PM »

I still have this from my original purchase back in the day, CIB.  You know the drill, I will have to see if I can find it.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 03:31:54 PM »

Pretty pumped about this upcoming playthrough. Will try and get some checkpoints up within the next week. Sign up if you haven't already and want to play.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 07:18:34 AM »

First checkpoint is up for those who want to get an early start on April.  Smiley

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 07:19:16 AM »

Also, I'm curious as to how many of you will get the movie reference in the very beginning.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2018, 12:14:06 PM »

I am pretty sure I already know the reference, and I haven't ever touched this game or seen any part of the movie it is referencing, so I hope everyone gets it. Ha ha ha

Effinae
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2018, 02:16:54 PM »

I will be joining for my first community play-through. 

I was a huge fan of the N64 and owned most of Rare's games for the system when they were current.  However, Conker's was a game that was always on my wish-list back then, but had never picked up - and I'm not sure why.  Of course these days it is a bit pricey and I haven't been able to find one in the wild.  Luckily - I have Rare Replay for Xbox One so that is what I will be using.

This will also be my first time playing the game so I'm really excited for it.

Cheers!

- ps -  I couldn't get an avatar pictured uploaded.  Made sure it was 110x110.  Maybe there is a minimum amount of posts needed before you can upload an image? 
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2018, 02:37:14 PM »

I will be joining for my first community play-through. 

I was a huge fan of the N64 and owned most of Rare's games for the system when they were current.  However, Conker's was a game that was always on my wish-list back then, but had never picked up - and I'm not sure why.  Of course these days it is a bit pricey and I haven't been able to find one in the wild.  Luckily - I have Rare Replay for Xbox One so that is what I will be using.

This will also be my first time playing the game so I'm really excited for it.

Cheers!

- ps -  I couldn't get an avatar pictured uploaded.  Made sure it was 110x110.  Maybe there is a minimum amount of posts needed before you can upload an image? 

Awesome!  So happy to have a new participant in our playthrough!  I can check on that avatar issue for you. 😁

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2018, 01:45:21 PM »

Anyone started yet?  Curious to hear everyone's thoughts. Smiley

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2018, 07:03:39 PM »

I started I made it to the area with the paint can and brush.  I'm enjoying it, the repay version I can feel some lag, but besides that the game is good times, the humer is right up my alley.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2018, 04:18:45 PM »

I’m not sure if I will make this month or not. The game store that ordered me a copy of Conner Live and Reloaded thought I would be happy to pay $40 for a copy sans manual and with outer art in absolutely trashed condition. They were wrong. So, they’re going to see if the other copy they have in circulation is in any better shape. Sigh.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2018, 04:50:21 PM »

I’m not sure if I will make this month or not. The game store that ordered me a copy of Conner Live and Reloaded thought I would be happy to pay $40 for a copy sans manual and with outer art in absolutely trashed condition. They were wrong. So, they’re going to see if the other copy they have in circulation is in any better shape. Sigh.
I would let you borrow my Xbox Conkers, just send it back when your done if you want.  I also still have that Dark Savior on Saturn sitting around waiting for you.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 08:11:22 AM »

I would let you borrow my Xbox Conkers, just send it back when your done if you want.  I also still have that Dark Savior on Saturn sitting around waiting for you.

I'll wait to see if the store comes up with a better copy or not.  I'm not too worried about it.  Also, yes, I need to get that done.  I'll PM you about it.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 10:56:54 AM »

I just made it to the barn with the hay piles, the scene that opens here is just hilarious.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 11:10:38 AM »

I just made it to the barn with the hay piles, the scene that opens here is just hilarious.

While I find that part pretty humorous, I'm not very fond of the scene following that battle. I can understand and appreciate juvenile humor, but the part I'm referring to is very, very off-putting. I don't want to say too much about that here, as I'm saving my impressions for the podcast, but anyone can feel free to DM me if you want to discuss or don't happen to know what I'm talking about.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 01:31:41 PM »

While I find that part pretty humorous, I'm not very fond of the scene following that battle. I can understand and appreciate juvenile humor, but the part I'm referring to is very, very off-putting. I don't want to say too much about that here, as I'm saving my impressions for the podcast, but anyone can feel free to DM me if you want to discuss or don't happen to know what I'm talking about.
Indeed, the opening cutscene was much better then that shocking follow up cutscene was...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length