RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:28:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Why Didn't Anyone Warn Me? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why Didn't Anyone Warn Me?  (Read 1745 times)
Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: August 03, 2018, 06:08:00 PM »

So I just hooked up my Sega Genesis to the AV to HDMI converter and low and behold, the TV is muted.  So I unhooked my Super Nintendo from the AV slot, hooked my Sega Genesis BACK up and the sound returned.

Now, the AV cable for my Genesis is a strictly white and yellow cable.  So if the issue is the cable, I should be having a muted TV even hooked up to AV...alas I do not.  Why didn't anyone tell me using an adapter would cause the sound not to work?

EDIT: Soooo apparently this converter makes the screen TOO bright so I can BARELY see anything when I play on my Genesis.  Guess I won't be using it until I can buy another TV...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 06:39:40 PM by Atari6600 » Logged
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 08:58:11 PM »

That's the problem with those cheap AV to HDMI converters, you get what you pay for. The RetroTINK is probably the best solution right now for using composite over HDMI, but IMO saving up for an OSSC and RGB SCART cable is well worth it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length