RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:22:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #53 - RF Generation Playcast (Die Hard Arcade & Dynamite Cop) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #53 - RF Generation Playcast (Die Hard Arcade & Dynamite Cop)  (Read 3991 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: September 15, 2018, 08:50:03 PM »

COMING SOON!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 04:06:10 AM »

You guys asked about Bruce Willis, but havn't seen so many of his good ones!! Rich needs to see Looper and you both should watch Unbreakable for sure. I totally agree with you on Shayamalan movies, Unbreakable doesn't feel like any of the rest of his movies. I would have picked Red as my favorite Bruce Willis movie. Also have a soft spot for Cop Out. I don't think Die Hard would be in my top 5 Bruce Willis movies even. Got a good bunch of recommendations from the other listeners. The airport scene in Fifth Element I think MetalFro was referencing is the "Multi-Pass" scene.

So the powerup system in Dynamite Cop was that when you gain Ps and Ss hidden in the levels they fill your power up meter. Once the meter is full your character can link moves together slightly faster which makes it harder for the enemies to interrupt you during attacks, but more importantly it extends all of your combos and grabs. For example if you were playing Ivy and you did the grapple where she snaps the guys back 3 times instead if you have a full meter she will snap his back like 7 times. It's pretty ridiculous to see. The punch combos and kick combo are also about 4 moves longer each. So basically just more damage over a longer set of moves using the same buttons you'd use to fight with normally. That's just chapter 1 of my upcoming novel Dynamite Cop: The President's Daughter is Where? featuring a forward about the credit system by Singlebanana.

Tranquilizer was an Atari style maze game where you run the maze and hunt Safari style animals and then drag them back to the start of the maze. Didn't make much impact on me.

I never really thought about how claustrophobic these games felt until Rich mentioned it. Even comparing it to other 3D beat em ups that I enjoy like Fighting Force and Spyborgs they both have scrolling environments like the old 8-16bit ones that were referenced. Might be unique to this series. I agree with Shawn that I don't think that's necessarily good or bad, just different. Didn't stop my from enjoying it.

Totally agree with both of you guys that Dynamite Cop is a FAR better value than Die Hard Arcade. I wouldn't consider Die Hard Arcade a must have for a Saturn collection unless you are especially into Beat Em Ups. I would put Dynamite Cop in my must have Dreamcast games list. Half the price for twice the game is a no brainer.

Great show guys.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 10:56:08 AM »

Thanks for the clarification on the Ps and Ss in Dynamite Cop Crabby, that makes a lot more sense. However, not using any of the special moves, I really didn't see much of a difference. I guess it's all in how you choose to play it.  Nice call back on your book!  I got a good laugh out of that. Smiley

Tranquilizer sounds kind of awesome!  Probably only to me and my Atari lovin' self though.

I hope it didn't come off that I didn't enjoy my time with these games, I did very much.  I just prefer the more scrolling beat em ups as opposed to moving from room to room. However, one of my favorite games on the NES is Renegade, which is definitely a room to room setting.

Thanks for listening my friend and for all of the great input!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 12:34:28 PM »

Dont worry it didn't sound like you didnt enjoy the game because of it didn't have scrolling environments. Just sounded like given a chpice between the two styles of game you'd prefer scrolling.

Here's a link to Tranquilizer gameplay. Would probably be right up your alley. I didnt even realize you could drive your vehicle around the maze when I played it. Found that out from this video, lol.

https://youtu.be/DeJHcHx_1DU

I did find a guy who had a youtube video where he beat the 6th and hardest mission on the one credit too. Was super impressive. He even had voiceover over the video giving kind of a walkthrough of how he did it in case you wanted to give it a run Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length