RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:41:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Farewell, true believers: RIP Stan Lee 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Farewell, true believers: RIP Stan Lee  (Read 7657 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: November 12, 2018, 05:24:31 PM »

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of the greatest cameo-maker in the history of the Marvel movies, who silver surfed to the great beyond earlier today.

https://www.hollywoodrepo...e-superhero-was-95-721450

Excelsior...  Cry
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 04:24:12 AM »

A few years ago there was a hoax he had died I fell for and told several people I knew. I was glad it wasn't true. But it wasn't surprising since hes pretty old even a few years ago he would have been 91-92. But in those few more years he has done several more great cameos and lived to see several more of his creations bring joy to people. I have enjoyed his work very much, and the cool thing about him his he did so much of it, even if you are not a fan of one character, hes got virtually dozens more. He made characters that appeal to even non comic book people, and his work is easily translated to the big screen when done right, but he had more to do with it than anyone they just adapted his characters to the big screen, hes the true author of it all, much like Lucas is of Star Wars no matter what Disney does with it from now on. He also got to see the new Spiderman game get rave reviews which he had a cameo in. I have no doubt he enjoyed to give people joy right down to the end.

He has had as much an impact on popular culture as anyone can have on all mediums (books/comics,film,TV and Video game and probably radio adaptions of his work too). Howard Stern has called himself the King of All Media. Stan Lee is truly worthy of the name too, even if its a more behind the scenes version. Even then his cameos were always one of the best moments in the movies. It will be sad knowing the new ones won't have him. I hope they don't do a CGI version of him lol. Maybe they will find a way to do cameos in a remembrance sort of way that won't be him in CGI.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 10:23:32 AM »

I've heard rumblings on Twitter that he has filmed cameos for several up and coming Marvel films, so it's possible we'll continue to see him for a bit. That wouldn't surprise me, given that his health has been in decline, and the fact that he was 95.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 09:11:39 PM »

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length