RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:20:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465503 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2019, 05:08:19 PM »

Claiming Tecmo NBA Basketball.  

Already 5 games in.  It will take a while so I am going to tackle some smaller games during the grind.

Perfect!!

Got a question about posting pics for endings here. Anyone know of an easier method than uploading to Imgur/photobucket/Flickr then sharing it here?

I suppose you guys could upload the end screen to the database as an image assuming there isn't one already there for that game and then link us to it.

EDIT: Claims updated
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 05:39:05 PM by Crabmaster2000 » Logged

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2019, 05:51:43 PM »

Knocked out Double Dribble.  My brother and I played this game to death as kids.  It was the first Basketball game we ever owned.  Had to tackle level 1 first to get warmed up then took on level three.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Garchomper997
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

Stats
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2019, 06:04:48 PM »

Claiming Kirby's Adventure if it isn't already taken.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2019, 06:13:40 PM »

Claiming Kirby's Adventure if it isn't already taken.

Welcome aboard!! Consider it yours. I'll update the list later when I'm near a computer Smiley

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2019, 08:01:41 PM »

That's a LIT choice! I hope your enemies QAKE in my presense! Glad to see you didn't add NUKE.togo to the team, he's always holding me back. Gotta go now, time to RUB one out??

Oh man, I should have just made you a thief.

Here's my next contribution, and probably my last one for today: Sword Master

This is an obscure game that I only just learned about recently. It's fairly simplistic and has its faults, but I enjoyed it. It's a good thing that there's not a lot of platforming, because the platforming mechanics are really screwy. I think it would have been awesome if this was more an of adventure-RPG with towns, NPCs, shops, equipment, etc., kind of like Zelda 2, but it was still fun for a quick playthrough. It's a pretty tough game too; it took me several attempts to finally finish it.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2019, 09:48:15 PM »

So I started Mystery Quest and can't get the first castle beat. laugh This game so reminds me of Milon's Secret Castle.  There are blocks that disappear when you shoot them but unlike Milon's, which I don't believe tells you in the instruction book about this, Mystery Quest does.  I was going to leave the NES on and come back to this but then the kids came running into the room and the screen got distorted so I had to start over. 

Something I don't like about this game is your life gradually decreases over time.  I think this one is going to take a bit for me to beat but at least it has unlimited continues.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2019, 09:59:15 PM »

You know that I couldn't resist bumping off Contra. A little rusty, so not one of my no death runs...damn you Snow Field grenades. But it's in the bag.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2019, 11:10:58 PM »

Have video evidence for it soon, but completed Al Unser Jr. Turbo Racing. Also through Chapter 1 of Dragon Warrior IV.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2019, 12:36:26 AM »

Well, beat the first castle on Mystery Quest.  Finally.  Game is paused and leaving it on overnight.  I'm in for a looong haul.

SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2019, 02:45:39 AM »

First day is officially over in my next of the woods and I feel like we are off to a pretty solid start! Glad to see people around mucking around in the weeds and working on some obscure titles and sports and racing games right away!

@Shaggy - Mystery Quest sounds a lot tougher than the cover would suggest. Thanks for taking on that challenge for us!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2019, 05:02:08 AM »

Someone needs to save all the end screens so we can make a video of every one.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2019, 08:34:34 AM »

@Shaggy - Mystery Quest sounds a lot tougher than the cover would suggest. Thanks for taking on that challenge for us!

Oh my goodness, I just read you have to beat the game four times to get the true ending.  Do I have to seriously beat this game four times in one sitting?  laugh

SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2019, 08:56:25 AM »

Oh my goodness, I just read you have to beat the game four times to get the true ending.  Do I have to seriously beat this game four times in one sitting?  laugh

Just looked it up to make sure, and yup you've gotta do 4 loops! If you want to back out and start working on a different game that's totally fine.

I put a lot more time into Wizardry tonight. This game is savage. I had my Thief die and the Temple of Cant is supposed to let you resurrect your fallen party members for a nominal fee. So I grinded up with my remaining characters and tried to resurrect him and he turned to ash during the process. So they tell me I can still save him, but it's gonna cost twice as much money. Back to the dungeon to grind for twice as long. Finally get back after an hour and a half and pay to save him and .......it failed sorry he's gone forever now!! Why didn't anyone tell me that was a possibility before I invested all that time!!! Also apparently you can't have evil alignment characters on your team with good alignment characters. Not a problem because my whole team is good and neutral. Oh wait your characters can mysteriously change alignment during after battles and if you don't notice and remove them from your team, they are not welcome back. So now I'm trying to grind out my remaining good alignment characters so that everyone is evil and I can have my team back. This is all still on the first floor of the dungeon too. I have however found a good grinding spot and my fractured team is getting fairly beefy. By the time I have everyone with an evil alignment and I can have all my characters back together I should be able to make it down a few floors without much trouble I think.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2019, 09:26:16 AM »

Amazing first day of work guys!  Looks like we knocked off 11 games (pending EZ Racer's Al Unser evidence).

Someone needs to save all the end screens so we can make a video of every one.

I like this idea. Maybe a slideshow video with the date and name of the member who beat it........set to some metal of course. Wink

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2019, 10:17:45 AM »

I put a lot more time into Wizardry tonight. This game is savage. I had my Thief die and the Temple of Cant is supposed to let you resurrect your fallen party members for a nominal fee. So I grinded up with my remaining characters and tried to resurrect him and he turned to ash during the process. So they tell me I can still save him, but it's gonna cost twice as much money. Back to the dungeon to grind for twice as long. Finally get back after an hour and a half and pay to save him and .......it failed sorry he's gone forever now!! Why didn't anyone tell me that was a possibility before I invested all that time!!! Also apparently you can't have evil alignment characters on your team with good alignment characters. Not a problem because my whole team is good and neutral. Oh wait your characters can mysteriously change alignment during after battles and if you don't notice and remove them from your team, they are not welcome back. So now I'm trying to grind out my remaining good alignment characters so that everyone is evil and I can have my team back. This is all still on the first floor of the dungeon too. I have however found a good grinding spot and my fractured team is getting fairly beefy. By the time I have everyone with an evil alignment and I can have all my characters back together I should be able to make it down a few floors without much trouble I think.

Hehe, good to know that Wizardry doesn't stray far from the PC original.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length