RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:18:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 468294 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2019, 09:23:11 PM »

Two more black box games down: Volleyball and Urban Champion

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2019, 09:42:43 PM »

Dang guys, slow your roll.  Leave us some games. laugh

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2019, 10:13:06 PM »

I'll claim Startropics next. I haven't ever played that one, but I had the sequel as a child...though I don't remember anything about it or if I even played it as a kiddo.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2019, 11:04:49 PM »

I got to Dracula in Castlevania and the game locked up, so I switched over to Mega Man.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2019, 12:06:53 AM »

Spoiler (hover to show)
"Beat it a 2nd time"

Spoiler (hover to show)
And a 3rd time

Right now I'm on my 4th run and just beat the 1st castle.  I do have a killer score of over 3,000,000 Wink

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2019, 12:52:31 AM »

Spoiler (hover to show)
I did it!  I beat it!  Knock it off the list.  What a lackluster ending, though.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2019, 12:56:14 AM »

I think I have Home Alone at my house so put me down for that one.  Otherwise, I'll be swapping games come tomorrow.

SMS set complete!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2019, 04:36:34 AM »

I'll take Dragon Warrior 3.  Get all 4 of them claimed

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2019, 06:47:36 AM »

The other day I picked a NES game off the shelf with the intention of helping out with the challenge and started playing. I didnt recall it having been reserved.

Of course it had been reserved. Game being Tale Spin. Doh

But I kept playing anyway cus it wasnt one I had played before and completed it today. At least I got some screenshots for the UKV version to go on the site at some point
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2019, 07:35:20 AM »

Ok, I can't find Home Alone.  Change my claim to Phantom Fighter.

SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2019, 08:25:11 AM »

@shaggy - Nice job persevering through Mystery Quest!

Freaking Wizardry!! I don't know if I've ever played such an unforgiving game. I thought I was going to finish it tonight and I got close as hell. Got to the last boss after navigating a few super confusing levels (one that had warps that sent you back to the beginning of the game Sad ). He killed my entire party which means.......I have to start the whole game over again!!! Hooray!! So back to square one for me unfortunately. Rerolled a new team in much less time at least and already started grinding up though so I shouldn't have to invest nearly as much time as my first attempt. I also switched up a few party members so to different types so I think I'll have a better chance at the boss next attempt.

EDIT: All claims and completions updated

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2019, 09:25:31 AM »

Nice work everyone!  27 games down in 3 days is an extraordinary feat.  Let's break 50 this weekend!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2019, 01:07:34 PM »

Dang guys, slow your roll.  Leave us some games. laugh

No joke! Some of us have other commitments that make it so we can't concentrate on just NES games Tongue

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2019, 03:28:07 PM »

Freaking Wizardry!! I don't know if I've ever played such an unforgiving game. I thought I was going to finish it tonight and I got close as hell. Got to the last boss after navigating a few super confusing levels (one that had warps that sent you back to the beginning of the game Sad ). He killed my entire party which means.......I have to start the whole game over again!!! Hooray!! So back to square one for me unfortunately. Rerolled a new team in much less time at least and already started grinding up though so I shouldn't have to invest nearly as much time as my first attempt. I also switched up a few party members so to different types so I think I'll have a better chance at the boss next attempt.

Thanks a lot!  It actually wasn't too bad after the first playthrough.  Playthrough 2-4 are exactly like the first playthrough  so once you go through it once and have it memorized it is a breeze save for a few platforming deaths.  The highest score I got was 7,000,000 something but you could easily flip the score on this game if you run a flawless playthrough.  The thing with this game is the repetition.  This is one of those games that you have to play repeatedly night after night otherwise you will forget the maze of the castles.  It's all the same and gets tiresome pretty quickly.  I would say average score.

Doesn't Wizardy have a battery for saves?  Can't you load an old save?

Just found out that Phantom Fighter has a password system so that will save me from leaving the NES on overnight.

SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2019, 03:56:45 PM »

Thanks a lot!  It actually wasn't too bad after the first playthrough.  Playthrough 2-4 are exactly like the first playthrough  so once you go through it once and have it memorized it is a breeze save for a few platforming deaths.  The highest score I got was 7,000,000 something but you could easily flip the score on this game if you run a flawless playthrough.  The thing with this game is the repetition.  This is one of those games that you have to play repeatedly night after night otherwise you will forget the maze of the castles.  It's all the same and gets tiresome pretty quickly.  I would say average score.

Doesn't Wizardy have a battery for saves?  Can't you load an old save?

Just found out that Phantom Fighter has a password system so that will save me from leaving the NES on overnight.

If you only had to do one run of Mystery Quest you think it would have been better?

Wizardry does have saved and you can save scum out of battles if you do it early enough. Unfortunately it also auto saves and I didn't reset out of the battle soon enough so my save had a dead party on the bottom floor Sad

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length