RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:17:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465525 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2019, 12:51:19 AM »

1 Town down with 7 to go in Phantom Fighter.  The jumping and movement in this game is quirky.  When you jump he goes in an arc forward but when he reaches the peak of the jump he just comes straight down instead of continuing to arc.  As far as movement goes, he slides after you let go of the d-pad.  It definitely takes some getting used to.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2019, 03:28:03 AM »

Started on Dragon Warrior 3, go the the Thief Key.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2019, 09:07:51 AM »

Alright, these are the ones I'll take on that I haven't seen claimed or beaten yet:

Déja Vu
Fisher Price: I Can Remember
Fisher Price: Perfect Fit
Great Waldo Search
King's Quest V
The Little Mermaid
Maniac Mansion
Rygar
Sesame Street 123
Sesame Street ABC
Sesame Street: Big Bird's Hide & Speak
Sesame Street: Countdown
Silver Surfer
Taboo: The Sixth Sense
Videomation
Wheel of Fortune
Wheel of Fortune: Family Edition
Wheel of Fortune: Featuring Vanna White
Wheel of Fortune: Jr.
Where's Waldo
Wizards & Warriors III
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Keeping track of this in the forum thread feels clunky. I might try to create something quick to keep track of things today. Maybe a Google sheet?
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2019, 09:09:09 AM »

@Fokakis79 - Wow you got through Tombs & Treasures fairly quick. Nicely done. I can't remember which part, but I do remember getting stuck on that one for a while.

@EZ Racer living up to his name! You ever play Ferrari Grand Prix Challenge? I really enjoyed that one as far as NES racers go. And Galaxy 5000 as well. Days of Thunder might be the hardest racer on the system though. The pit stops in that game are brutal!

@shaggy - Like banana said save scumming is basically just saving a lot and when something doesn't go your way reloading your previous save and then doing the same thing again and hoping for a more favorable outcome. It's kinda cheap, but super handy in Wizardry since there are many unavoidable encounters, but those encounters have randomly generated enemies. So I can keep reloading a save until the encounter becomes one I'm confident I can win. The last boss has extra goons with him so it's super helpful there also so that you can keep save scumming until he has 2 pushovers with him rather than a couple Dragons to make the fight more bearable.

You guys can add me to the Castlevania II fan club as well!! That's the one I grew up playing so I've always had a soft spot for it.

EDIT: All claims and completions updated!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 09:59:29 AM by Crabmaster2000 » Logged

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2019, 09:12:17 AM »

Alright, these are the ones I'll take on that I haven't seen claimed or beaten yet:

Déja Vu
Fisher Price: I Can Remember
Fisher Price: Perfect Fit
Great Waldo Search
King's Quest V
The Little Mermaid
Maniac Mansion
Rygar
Sesame Street 123
Sesame Street ABC
Sesame Street: Big Bird's Hide & Speak
Sesame Street: Countdown
Silver Surfer
Taboo: The Sixth Sense
Videomation
Wheel of Fortune
Wheel of Fortune: Family Edition
Wheel of Fortune: Featuring Vanna White
Wheel of Fortune: Jr.
Where's Waldo
Wizards & Warriors III
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Keeping track of this in the forum thread feels clunky. I might try to create something quick to keep track of things today. Maybe a Google sheet?

Love the enthusiasm, but only one claim per player at a time. We want to give people a chance to play a variety of stuff and if we let one player claim so many everyone loses out on those opportunities.

What feels clunky about the forum layout? I'm happy to make adjustments if it makes things easier for you guys. All you have to do is keep an eye on the front page of this thread to see what games are still available. I thought that was fairly straightforward, but like I said I'm open to ideas/changes if you guys have better methods. 

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2019, 09:41:41 AM »

Man guys, give us a chance at games laugh

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2019, 10:08:34 AM »

I've been letting my daughter do the kid games with, so if you don't get to them all I'm going to do one of them next.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2019, 10:26:07 AM »

There will undoubtedly be a gap between when someone signs up for a game and when it's noted on the front page, so the only way to make sure you're not picking a game someone else has is to go through all of the posts looking for the game you picked. With a sheet, we can each just put our name next to the one we're about to play so people know immediately when it's claimed.

I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes with suggesting that. We can continue on with this format. And I'll stick to one game at a time. I was mostly picking games I figured no one else would want to take on to get them out of the way.

I'll do Where's Waldo? right now, then pick a new one when I'm done.
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2019, 10:34:08 AM »

Where's Waldo done. I'll do Wizards & Warriors III next, since that will take a while.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2019, 11:02:07 AM »

Doing a spreadsheet isn't going to make it much better. Just look at the initial post of games already beaten and games claimed and you're fine. We update this thread a few times a day and that's plenty. Crabby if you and I just want to post something like, updated to here, on the thread after we update it, then people can just look back to that.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2019, 11:02:37 AM »

@Shane - anyone can beat any game at any time as long as it's not previously claimed. You never need to claim a game to beat it you just have to make sure no one else is playing by checking the first page only. Between banana and myself the thread should be updated every 12-24 hours. It's messier at the beginning for sure when we have people rushing for their favorites, but it'll slow down once the easy completions and staples are out of the way.  

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »

Sounds good! I've got the bronze thief and wizard already, so I might manage to beat this game today. Maybe I'll stream a game tomorrow morning again.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2019, 12:31:29 PM »

Started up with Willow. This game is awesome. I wish I knew about this game when I was a kid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2019, 01:38:19 PM »

Started up with Willow. This game is awesome. I wish I knew about this game when I was a kid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Willow is great! I beat it as a kid. If you've never played the arcade cab, check out a video. Very different.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2019, 01:58:19 PM »

Finished The Little Mermaid

I've never played this game before but have always heard good things about it. It won't go down as one of my favorites for the system, but I liked it. Very short and easy game. Even the final boss was a cakewalk.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length