RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:11:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465522 times)
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2019, 09:02:39 AM »

Super Team Games complete. Video to follow once I have time to edit and upload.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2019, 09:45:39 AM »

We are nearly halfway to our January goal of 100 games and we still have most of the month left to go! Great job guys, looks like we may be able to blow way past it!

@EZ Racer - I love finding little hidden tracks like that. Heres one of my favs that I never heard anyone talk about:

@shane - thanks for starting in on some tough games and digging out your power pad! Most of the Power Pad games are very quick completions so while you've got it out......

@Wempster - If you post the youtube link it seems to embed it rather than the link it give you to share the video

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2019, 02:16:57 PM »

Super C done.

Great game. Not my first time beating it, but it's one of those games that I can play over and over and not get tired of it. Pretty much just as good as the original Contra, although I do slightly prefer the original.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2019, 03:07:22 PM »

@shane - thanks for starting in on some tough games and digging out your power pad! Most of the Power Pad games are very quick completions so while you've got it out......

Haha! I packed it up after I beat it. My wife and I had already planned to play through Tacoma today, and if I left the power pad out my dogs would have used it as a bed like they do with yoga mats. Maybe I'll break it out again Tuesday and play a couple more.
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2019, 03:18:10 PM »

Taboo: The Sixth Sense "complete".

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2019, 03:21:51 PM »

Going to play Battle Chess next. I just realized one of the suggestions was to provide a brief opinion on the game. I'll include one for all of the games so far with the next game completed.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2019, 03:51:00 PM »

Taking a tiny break from Willow to play some Blue Marlin. Never actually played a fishing game on NES. Haven't got the hang of it yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2019, 04:19:18 PM »

As promised, here's the video of Super Team Games. I haven't watched it or edited it at all other than pasting the four videos together. https://www.dropbox.com/s...eam_games_merged.mp4?dl=0
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2019, 04:32:21 PM »

Man, at this rate we will have everything beat by April.  You guys have too much time on your hand.  laugh

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2019, 06:01:14 PM »

Battle Chess done. My queen killing the king!

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2019, 08:39:41 PM »

Knocked out Classic Concentration.

Fun puzzle/game show type.  You have to flip tiles over and find matching pairs to expose parts of the screen that has pictures on it.  You then have to put the pictures together to make a phrase.  

Makes you use your noggin.  A little slow paced but still fun.  Beat it on my 9th or 10th try.

It's the final bonus round that can be challenging to beat in 35 seconds.

I'm 10 games in on Tecmo NBA Basketball.  I'll try to find some more shorter games to knock out while I chip away at that one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2019, 09:12:20 PM »

"Knocked out" Arch Rivals.  Yes pun intended.

Quirky 2 on 2 Basketball game where you literally punch people in the face to steal the ball from them.   Beat it on my first try.  This game is definitely more fun with 2 players. 

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2019, 09:26:26 PM »

I know that a big part of this challenge is to experience games we've never played before, but I also took it as a chance to revisit some games we grew up with but may never have completed. Until seeing it on the victory conditions, I didn't even realize Lunar Pool had an ending, I just thought it was a high score game.

The more I played, the more I wanted to play, but I will say it's a suprisingly grueling game to complete. It took hours to get through, and in the back of my head I kept reminding myself a run of bad shots means a game over, at which point I'd have to start over from scratch.

I will say even though I have some nostalgia attached, if you have a casual interest in pool, this is definitely a game to check out. While some of the tables can be frustrating, and at times it rewards you for just hitting everything as hard as you can to see what falls, it's also the type of game that draws you in to keep playing and get a little further.

* 20190106_200544.jpg (798.12 KB, 2560x1440 - viewed 241 times.)
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2019, 09:47:38 PM »

One suggestion for you crabby. 

Can we mark out the games that have been completed in the top post.  Like maybe in red front or something.

Just a suggestion.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2019, 09:50:29 PM »

One suggestion for you crabby. 

Can we mark out the games that have been completed in the top post.  Like maybe in red front or something.

Just a suggestion.

They are removing them from the list of games once they are completed.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length