RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:13:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465523 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #210 on: January 08, 2019, 09:51:15 AM »

Ain't no party like Crabby party cause a Crabby party.........

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2019, 01:31:55 PM »

Great job Fokakis79!! I've got Amagan marked off as yours now. I've heard it's pretty short, but quite challenging. Good luck!

@shaggy - Have you upgraded your kicks? I found that was the easiest way to get through the game. Just make sure you keep having that fast flurry of kicks and then it's simply spacing your character just out of the baddies range and kicking them a couple times then moving back just enough to dodge their jump forward and repeat. Get's a little trickier with the later bosses that shoot projectiles, but since you restart right after the last orb thing you collected you can just keep retrying until you nail it.

I'm sorry, I meant Town 4 not Town 5.  Anyways, I am upgrading all my moves before gathering the Jades and fighting the boss of the town.

One thing I don't like is that the manual does not tell you what the upgraded moves do.  I had to look up online what the moves did.

I did end up beating the Town 4 boss and I am onto Town 5.  This was the first boss I had trouble with.  I finally ended up trapping him at the edge of the screen and pounding him and finally finished him off.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #212 on: January 08, 2019, 02:25:56 PM »

to shane,

mine is a coaxial set up. and my monitor is an emerson tv with (in my opinion) a cool setup only thing i need now is a capture card and my desk would be complete

Crazy! My displays don't have coax inputs or TV tuners, so I've got to at least run it through an RF modulator. With as much electronic equipment plugged in here, though, I always get RFI that isn't fully filtered out with the magnet clamp-ons so the picture has interference. I just end up using the rPi to emulate those systems through HDMI instead.
You can also use a CRT that has monitor out, and send the composite to the capture device

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #213 on: January 08, 2019, 03:12:02 PM »

Someone needs to save all the end screens so we can make a video of every one.

I like this idea. Maybe a slideshow video with the date and name of the member who beat it........set to some metal of course. Wink

Is this something we're going to do at the end of the year? I've been toying with the idea of recording some covers of various video game music for a while, and I would love to try to put together a medley of all of our favorite NES tunes to play behind the slideshow video. What do you guys think?

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #214 on: January 08, 2019, 03:22:02 PM »

My life is crazy or I would offer.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #215 on: January 08, 2019, 03:31:48 PM »

Someone needs to save all the end screens so we can make a video of every one.

I like this idea. Maybe a slideshow video with the date and name of the member who beat it........set to some metal of course. Wink

Is this something we're going to do at the end of the year? I've been toying with the idea of recording some covers of various video game music for a while, and I would love to try to put together a medley of all of our favorite NES tunes to play behind the slideshow video. What do you guys think?
I like the idea of a video showing the completion of every game.  A big issue I see is the sheer amount of games though. Showing the end screen for 5 seconds, maybe with the username of who beat it and when, or the last 5 seconds of a video or stream works out to 55 min and 45 seconds of footage.   If people would be interested though I could put something together maybe month by month to break it up.
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #216 on: January 08, 2019, 04:22:46 PM »

That would be cool.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #217 on: January 08, 2019, 11:25:02 PM »

Beat Town 5 & 6.  On to 7!

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #218 on: January 08, 2019, 11:33:17 PM »

Ikariniku claimed two games?

SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #219 on: January 09, 2019, 02:45:34 AM »

Ikariniku claimed two games?

Should have just been Vice, not sure how that happened. Thanks for catching my error!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #220 on: January 09, 2019, 07:17:39 AM »

Uh-Oh! We went a whole day with NO new completions on January 8th! Don't tell me you guys are losing steam already!!

On a happier note, it's finally done!! While far from my favorite RPG on the NES I'm really glad I played through Wizardry Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord. It's such an early and foundational RPG, it was cool to see where a lot of the other games I love got their roots. I don't expect much different from Wizardry Knight of Diamonds, but I'm gonna go ahead and claim it while I'm at peak Wizarding skill right now. I'll try a few shorter games in the mean time though to feel like I'm actually contributing for a bit.

EDIT: All claims and completions updated

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 07:25:28 AM by Crabmaster2000 » Logged

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #221 on: January 09, 2019, 08:10:03 AM »

Ack!  Quit showing me end screens.  Ack!  I'm blind now!

SMS set complete!
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #222 on: January 09, 2019, 09:48:42 AM »

Uh-Oh! We went a whole day with NO new completions on January 8th! Don't tell me you guys are losing steam already!!

My kids went back to school and I am tired, lol.  I keep falling asleep watching GameCenter CX.  I swear summer vacation was made for parents.

On another note, I did begin making progress in Zelda II again after remembering how to get the bridge in Saria town.  Now if I could find that stupid mirror...

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Normatron
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #223 on: January 09, 2019, 10:55:48 AM »

Finally!!! This one took 2 days longer than it should have between work and my dogs and my son that thought it was cool stomp around testing the limits of my top loader from glitching out. I had to restart 4 times and when I finally got smart and started writing down the passwords, I didnt need them. THE facepalm

....but now Godzilla Monster of Monsters! is complete

* Godzilla End.jpg (1816.97 KB, 3938x2705 - viewed 203 times.)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #224 on: January 09, 2019, 11:07:26 AM »

Yeah, I took a short break yesterday from Amagon and Blue Marlin to play Spider-Man on PS4. I will get back to it today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length