RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:13:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465577 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #240 on: January 11, 2019, 08:25:23 AM »

Can we put end screen pictures in spoilers, please?

I'm up to hear other opinions, but I personally don't want to spoiler tag the end screens. I want this thread to be no holds barred. Shout your victories out with no barrier hiding them. For those just browsing it makes the thread really pop too. In nearly every case (maybe Wizardry being the one exception so far) it is not a story spoiler either it's just a splash screen saying thank you, congratulations or game over. AND the newest game on this list came out in 1994!! If you havn't seen the ending by now is it really gonna hurt you to see it this year?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #241 on: January 11, 2019, 08:28:47 AM »

For me, yes.  I'll just use the front page.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #242 on: January 11, 2019, 09:43:31 AM »

Can we put end screen pictures in spoilers, please?

I'm up to hear other opinions, but I personally don't want to spoiler tag the end screens. I want this thread to be no holds barred. Shout your victories out with no barrier hiding them. For those just browsing it makes the thread really pop too. In nearly every case (maybe Wizardry being the one exception so far) it is not a story spoiler either it's just a splash screen saying thank you, congratulations or game over. AND the newest game on this list came out in 1994!! If you havn't seen the ending by now is it really gonna hurt you to see it this year?

Agreed Crabby, I like the photos and let's face it, there are few if no really elaborate endings to NES games that would give anything away.  No spoiler tags FTW.

For me, yes.  I'll just use the front page.

If you use the front page, we will probably not see your completions.  We do not get any notifications to responses on front page posts.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #243 on: January 11, 2019, 10:44:30 AM »

Would it be possible to remove completed games from this post as well?

http://www.rfgeneration.c...18893.msg260507#msg260507

I was just looking through some of the games listed there and was curious as to why some of the games hadn't been completed yet, but they were.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #244 on: January 11, 2019, 10:45:11 AM »

That’s funny that you popped in Athena, because I did the same thing. Wow, the game is so terrible. I’m happy to let you hack away at it.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #245 on: January 11, 2019, 11:57:35 AM »

I feel bad about doing this but I may need to abandon Amagon for something else for now. I am just struggling with this one. I am wondering if I can instead claim AD&D Heroes of the Lance. I might revisit Amagon again but for now the game has me licked.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #246 on: January 11, 2019, 12:08:41 PM »

I feel bad about doing this but I may need to abandon Amagon for something else for now. I am just struggling with this one. I am wondering if I can instead claim AD&D Heroes of the Lance. I might revisit Amagon again but for now the game has me licked.

Don't quit, you can do it!  Dragon Warrior 3 has so much grinding in it.  I have 8 hours in it and I don't think I'm close to finishing it.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #247 on: January 11, 2019, 12:22:38 PM »

If you use the front page, we will probably not see your completions.  We do not get any notifications to responses on front page posts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he means he'll use the front page to submit his posts, so he's not seeing past that, to avoid spoilers.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #248 on: January 11, 2019, 12:27:52 PM »

@douglie, Alright I will keep going!

Between this and Days of Thunder my sanity is failing. Although Days of Thunder I am getting better on the track but still haven't mastered the Pit Stops. Why is everyone so close together and in the way of other people trying to work on the car?!

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #249 on: January 11, 2019, 12:45:46 PM »

Wow, we already have 64 games down. We're going to crush the 100 game goal for this month!

Still chipping away at Final Fantasy. It's slow going because of all the grinding, but I knew it would be. I just reached Elfland, so I'll be heading for the Marsh Cave soon.

I haven't had much time to play anything this week, but I hope to knock some more out this weekend. I have a few in mind that I want to tackle.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #250 on: January 12, 2019, 01:30:37 AM »

Journey to Silius done. Not a very graceful run, but it's in the bag.

Another game I played for the first time. It's pretty good and fairly challenging. My only complaints were that the jump mechanic was kind of finicky sometimes, and I didn't like how trial-and-error the final level was, but other than that it was a very solid game. Great soundtrack as well.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #251 on: January 12, 2019, 01:54:00 AM »

Balloon Fight down! I'll get my pictures added to this post in the morning as it's late...

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #252 on: January 12, 2019, 02:14:09 AM »

Rygar obliterated. Shocked at how much of this game I was able to recall. Never got lost or backtracked. Still among my favorites on the system.

Claiming Renegade. Played it a ton as a kid. Made it to the last level, but never beat it.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #253 on: January 12, 2019, 05:53:30 AM »

Imagine My surprise when I logged in just now to post my Alfred Chicken completion to see I was beat to it by mere hours!! We have 600 games to choose from, what are the odds two of us in the middle of the same night decided to play Alfred Freakin Chicken!! You win this round shane......

Haha! Sorry, Crabby. I didn't claim it because I figured from the time I posted a message claiming it to when I either beat it or gave up on it, the  list wouldn't be marked. I started a bit before 5am EST. Thanks to AGDQ, I've been distracted by GBA Metroid and Castlevania games, so I'm not likely to complete more this week.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #254 on: January 12, 2019, 07:30:37 AM »

@Disposed Hero- I love Journey to Silius. I always think of the jumping as similar to Castlevania. Once you leave the ground you are committed to that arc so don't jump unless you mean it! Definitely one of my favorite sound tracks on the system. Were you surprised when you had to fight a Terminator at the end?

@singlebanana - Thanks for shirking your podcast editing duties to keep playing with us Wink

@shane - no problem. It was bound to happen at some point, just didn't think it would be this early. Like I said it was still something for my personal list so I still consider it time well spent Smiley

EDIT: All completions and claims updated

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length