RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:00:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465466 times)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #270 on: January 13, 2019, 12:11:20 PM »

Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout

Bb win by Michael Rancourt, on Flickr

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 12:15:18 PM by EngineerMike » Logged

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #271 on: January 13, 2019, 12:59:50 PM »

Literally knocked this one out this morning! R.I.P. Iron Mike.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:02:03 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #272 on: January 13, 2019, 02:41:31 PM »

Miracle on Ice Dos. Took down the Ruskies and Ice Hockey done!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #273 on: January 13, 2019, 03:28:01 PM »

Oddly, I've never played Pinball on the NES. The physics are actually  pretty well done and better than many of the more modern pinball titles.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #274 on: January 13, 2019, 03:43:16 PM »

Surprised that no one has done this yet, but Mega Man 2 is done.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #275 on: January 13, 2019, 05:02:36 PM »

Yeah, half of the silicone pad around the contact point was ripped, and that was occasionally keeping it depressed. Swapped it out and I'm back in business. I started playing Battleship and had no idea how many games I needed to beat to finish the game.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #276 on: January 13, 2019, 05:19:46 PM »

Collected all the Jade in town 8.  Now I just need to beat the end guy.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #277 on: January 13, 2019, 07:11:01 PM »

I’ve started Mega Man V, so I’m going to claim that one.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #278 on: January 13, 2019, 08:22:42 PM »

Beat Battleship. 40 games to beat it. Such a long game. Every time it shows your shots landing, it shows the same ship. Every time I saw the ship, I saw a face in the ship.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #279 on: January 13, 2019, 09:28:45 PM »

I picked Yo! Noid having not played it, but having fondness for both Capcom NES games and the delightfully ridiculous fast food mascot that is the Noid.  Unfortunately, Yo! Noid ends up being like Domino's pizza itself.  It looks good to start, but eventually becomes a joyless, tasteless chore.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #280 on: January 14, 2019, 12:20:10 AM »

Shatterhand done. I recorded a video, but I'll have to post it tomorrow.

This is another first-time playthrough for me. What an underappreciated gem. I would say that this game is in the same league with SMB, Castlevania, Contra, Mega Man, etc. as among the best the NES has to offer.

@Crabby: I've never played Krion Conquest, but I may check it out soon.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #281 on: January 14, 2019, 03:58:16 AM »

Beat Battleship. 40 games to beat it. Such a long game. Every time it shows your shots landing, it shows the same ship. Every time I saw the ship, I saw a face in the ship.

That a lot of games of battleship. Especially as it is essentially a game where winning is basically a flip of the coin
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2019, 05:44:30 AM »

Playing some Faxanadu while I wait on my Heroes of the Lance to come in the mail. I have played this before just never beat it. I am about halfway through the game at this point.  I will probably finish it up tomorrow since I am making pretty quick progress through it.

I also played around with Batman today, just can't seem to beat the Joker. I know the tricks to beating him I am just getting unlucky. I turned it off after awhile of struggling with it. Really great game and even if someone else beats it for this challenge this is still a game I hope to beat some time soon.

We are making great progress still, but I wonder if things will start to slow down soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #283 on: January 14, 2019, 07:37:32 AM »

Beat Beetlejuice this morning. Turns out that the only differentiator between the start and end sequences is the shot where Beetlejuice is bowing in front of a closed curtain, so this is all I have for a screenshot.

The game really feels like it would be a great game if it weren't for the random ice physics that you seem to get when it comes to player movement. Most of my deaths were slipping off the side of a platform when it kept moving me beyond my controller input. Thankfully there's a few continues. There's also a point where I softlocked the game because I hadn't picked up a fly swatter and couldn't go back to the previous rooms to pick it up. Had to play through 75% of the game again just to get past it.

It's worth playing, but keep in mind that you can pick up and carry everything, and 60% of it is necessary later. Move over the top of an item in the house and press select to grab it.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #284 on: January 14, 2019, 08:51:51 AM »

Nice work all!  We have already knocked out 80 games!  Still working on Renegade, but with the multi boss run at the end, it's still getting the better of me. I WILL finish it though!  After putting it down, I started Gremlins 2. I am having a blast with this so far and have made it to the boss in level 4-2 (only 5 levels). Since 4-2 is one of the more difficult stages, I am fine tuning my runs to take less damage and make it to the boss with more health. The boss isn't difficult, but the rooms has spikes throughout that you have to jump over, while dodging the huge Gremlin sprite and his gun fire.  Really fun game that I have never played before, so this will meet my "never played" requirement for the month.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length