RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:31:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 469638 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #450 on: February 04, 2019, 06:29:58 PM »

In its place, I want to claim Desert Commander. I had this game as a kid but was too young to really play it. It looks like a fun strategy game though, so I'd like to give it a proper try.

Desert Commander is pretty good. I used to play it a lot back when it was relatively new and enjoyed it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #451 on: February 04, 2019, 11:27:15 PM »

Knocked out 3 more games of Tecmo Super Bowl tonight and won 2 of the 5 tournaments on Kings of the Beach. The rules state that I only have to win a tournament, but there is actually a true ending after the 5th, so that seems like the way to go.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #452 on: February 05, 2019, 08:36:22 AM »

Managed another 9 wins tonight on Bases Loaded 4 in only 5 hours! At that rate it'll be another 30-35 hours of baseball!!! Good news is I'm catching up on some Television though, lol.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #453 on: February 05, 2019, 10:09:15 AM »

In its place, I want to claim Desert Commander. I had this game as a kid but was too young to really play it. It looks like a fun strategy game though, so I'd like to give it a proper try.

Desert Commander is pretty good. I used to play it a lot back when it was relatively new and enjoyed it.

Seconded! I remember playing that as a kid, and had some fun with it.

zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #454 on: February 05, 2019, 02:41:28 PM »

I'll try to chip away at Final Fantasy. I don't want to officially claim it, as I'm still working on Fester's Quest (I'm having to relearn the boss patterns. The rest of the game is more tedious than difficult). Also, I'd like to let others give it a go if they want. It's a long game and it's been years so I'll need to get back into the swing of it to make a serious run at it.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #455 on: February 05, 2019, 11:25:00 PM »

Still grinding away at Ultima. I have three of the Marks. Need to pick up the Mark of Kings and level up some stats, and grab the horn and I will be on my way to the last dungeon. I had no idea how important gold is in this game.

Played some Roger Clemens MVP Baseball . Not sure if I am feeling this one, might try another baseball game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #456 on: February 06, 2019, 06:18:02 AM »

Finished M.C Kids. I really enjoyed this game as a kid, as kind of a Super Mario 3 without the power-ups. The play control is excellent, and there's a couple of spots that require you to be precise but don't feel punishing. There's also some replay to the levels with additional card pieces hidden away to find. The number of 1ups available is way too much, but maybe that's to ensure that young children can still progress.

[img width=700 height=442]https://i.imgur.com/908uPmB.png[/img]
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #457 on: February 06, 2019, 08:47:08 AM »

I love MC Kids. Such a fun game. Some of the platforming near the end is fairly challenging too.

I had some work related training last night so my normal play time was cut in half. I'm currently at 23 out of 74 games done in my season of Bases Loaded 4 now.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #458 on: February 06, 2019, 02:06:49 PM »

Tomorrow should be a slow day for me. I could do Ghosts n Goblins if no one else wants it.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #459 on: February 06, 2019, 02:42:22 PM »

Tomorrow should be a slow day for me. I could do Ghosts n Goblins if no one else wants it.

All yours mate!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #460 on: February 06, 2019, 09:53:21 PM »

Played a lot of Ultima today. Almost ready for the final dungeon. Should be done with it by tomorrow and then I can try to concentrate on Roger Clemens more so I can get better at it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #461 on: February 06, 2019, 10:39:50 PM »

I just finished the first mission in Desert Commander, which is probably further than I ever got as a kid. It seems a bit quirky, but I like it. I think I'll need to reference a guide to see the advantages/disadvantages of all the unit types, but otherwise it seems fairly straightforward.

I've also played Tecmo World Wrestling a bit, and I'm still trying to get a feel for the controls. It seems like it's kind of random as to who gets to pull off a move when the wrestlers lock up, which can be frustrating, but maybe there's some nuance to it that I haven't grasped yet.

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #462 on: February 06, 2019, 11:48:57 PM »

Have to share this quick story-

When I was playing through Nintendo World Cup Soccer, there was one team that was like hitting a brick wall, so admittedly I watched a youtube playthrough against that team to get some ideas on how to win.

Hopped on youtube today, and as always it had recommended videos based on what I had watched, and the 1st vid on the list: "NES World Cup Soccer: Finished" by 2000CrabMaster. Without spoilers, it was a little bit relieving that it seemed as if we both hit the same wall.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #463 on: February 07, 2019, 08:16:29 AM »

Tecmo Super Bowl finished. I definitely prefer this game over its predecessor. Instead of four plays you get eight, every NFL team is available, and there are nuances to the game like a battery save with stat keeping that make it a much better experience. Still one of the things that annoys me most is that when you receive a kickoff in the endzone, you can't down the ball or just stand there to be tackled for a touch back. For some odd reason it's an automatic safety and I can't figure out why they would not have done a better job of programming after the first game. Anyway, in my opinion it's by far the best football game on the NES and one of the best of all time. There's no wonder that they still recreate this game every year with updated lineups.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/zfQvxmc.jpg[/img]

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #464 on: February 07, 2019, 08:20:25 AM »

Have to share this quick story-

When I was playing through Nintendo World Cup Soccer, there was one team that was like hitting a brick wall, so admittedly I watched a youtube playthrough against that team to get some ideas on how to win.

Hopped on youtube today, and as always it had recommended videos based on what I had watched, and the 1st vid on the list: "NES World Cup Soccer: Finished" by 2000CrabMaster. Without spoilers, it was a little bit relieving that it seemed as if we both hit the same wall.

Ha! That's awesome. I always try to get my vids uploaded when I've completed a game. I'll be the first to admit that most of them arn't pretty playthroughs as most are my first time beating each game. It's been long enough that I don't remember that particular part in NES World Soccer though. I played the game quite a bit at a friends house as a kid and always had a soft spot for it.

Won a few more games of Base Loaded 4 tonight and then just went on a savage losing streak. I think I'm gonna have to take a few days off and play something else, because I'm starting to space out and make a lot of errors now.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length