RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:59:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465683 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #495 on: February 12, 2019, 08:58:56 PM »

Still hammering away at Dungeon Magic. I am not sure how far away I am from the end but I think I have a while. Haven't really picked up any other games since I started playing this one. Probably should give 720 a try for a little bit and coe back to this one when I finish 720.

Great job so far for us this month.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #496 on: February 12, 2019, 09:19:46 PM »

There it is.  Tiny toons done.  
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:22:29 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #497 on: February 12, 2019, 10:10:34 PM »

Kudos, I found that game surprisingly tough so that’s why I abandoned it. Anyway I got Gradius out of the way tonight:

I’m now going to claim Strider next.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #498 on: February 13, 2019, 06:15:18 AM »

Finally beat The Magic of Scheherazade. I didn't realize this was an action RPG. If you like Illusion of Gaia, this is a great game to play through. It's got a light/dark world concept by using time travel in each chapter and has bosses that are reminiscent of Blaster Master's bosses.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #499 on: February 13, 2019, 06:26:40 AM »

@ApolloBoy: Thanks. It's a game that requires memorization. There's also a couple of parts that require you to make use of your invincible frames.

There's a youtuber called Cornshaq that does a series of guides called play it through. I've found them helpful.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #500 on: February 13, 2019, 08:42:19 AM »

Nice job once again guys!

@Disposed Hero - I'm gonna half to check out Desert Commander now. It's something that I totally wrote off as uninteresting, but after hearing from you and the others it sounds more interesting than I gave it credit for.

@Fokakis79 - 720 is super short so if you do decide to take a break from Dungeon Magic it shouldn't take too long.

@Apolloboy - It's funny how the difficulty of a game can differ so drastically from player to player. I'd consider Gradius considerably more challenging to beat than Tiny Toon Adventures (I've beat them both in the past), but Gradius didn't seem to phase you. Well done!

@shane - Scheherazade has been on my backlog forever and just never got around to it. Always hear nice things though.

@Addicted - Conshaq vids are awesome! When I need some help on a game I always check to see if he's got a vid on it first. For extremely confusing games like Dirty Harry (NES) for example it was a life saver.

I got myself up to 49 wins out of my 74 on Bases Loaded 4 tonight. I've got one more day to play then I'm going to be out of town for close to a week. singlebanana is gonna be keeping an eye on the thread for me and updating your wins and claims until I get home on the 19th.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #501 on: February 13, 2019, 12:08:20 PM »

Strider's done! This is probably the glitchiest game that Capcom ever put out for the NES; the jumping physics sometimes break, there's graphical glitches abound, and it's just very rough and unpolished overall. I know this was unfinished when it was originally intended for a Japanese release, and I think Capcom USA may have asked to have it dusted off since the arcade game was pretty popular at the time. Speaking of the arcade game, this game actually has nothing to do with it and is instead based on the manga that was published months before any of the games came out.

For my next game, I'm going to keep with the sports theme and tackle Baseball.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #502 on: February 13, 2019, 06:24:28 PM »

I got myself up to 49 wins out of my 74 on Bases Loaded 4 tonight. I've got one more day to play then I'm going to be out of town for close to a week. singlebanana is gonna be keeping an eye on the thread for me and updating your wins and claims until I get home on the 19th.

Bring 'er home, crabby!

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #503 on: February 13, 2019, 10:49:48 PM »

Alright finished Class 4 in 720*. I like the game but I wish they gave you more free time to try out jumps and tricks. I mean you probably have like 10 secs before the game tells you "Skate or Die".  Its a really quick game and you have infinite continues so not exactly challenging to beat but does require skill to rack up points. Wish the music was more rocking than what they have in the game.

Going to give Skate or Die a try now. Still working on Dungeon Magic but I am getting close to last part of the game. Need to grind out some levels and I should be able to finish out the rest of it.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #504 on: February 14, 2019, 08:59:26 AM »

Halfway point for February today and we need to take down 62 games more to meet the monthly goal of 250 titles. Has everyone dove into a sports title yet? There's a lot of variety in types of sports and quite a few short ones too.

As for me I'm now 56 games into my 74 of Bases Loaded 4, wasn't quite as productive as I had hoped tonight. I'm gonna be away for a few days now before I can pick it up again.

Big thanks to singlebanana for keeping an eye on things for me over the weekend!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #505 on: February 14, 2019, 02:18:08 PM »

I think this is the first time I’ve ever won a game in Baseball and y’know, I think it’s actually grown on me. It’s crude and simplistic sure, but it’s actually kinda fun when you get the hang of it. Also helps that Shigeru Miyamoto had a hand in its development too.

I’m gonna go after Anticipation next on Hard difficulty.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 02:29:04 PM by ApolloBoy » Logged

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #506 on: February 14, 2019, 06:55:04 PM »

I cant remember if I was ever really attached to any sports games on the NES when I was young. During the SNES days my mom use to love playing the Bass Master Classic games. I remember watching her play quite often.

That being said I'll start playing Black Bass tomorrow night.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #507 on: February 14, 2019, 08:58:48 PM »

@silentscythe, Good luck. I tried playing Black Bass for a little bit. Got to the third or fourth lake where the fish became unbelievably difficult to reel in.  Get those thumbs and fingers nice and warmed up. BTW Bass Masters Classic is an awesome fishing game. Me and my brother played that one all the time. It is one of my top three favorite fishing games. The other ones being Sega Bass Fishing and Blue Marlin.

Dungeon Magic is turning out to be a really fun and challenging rpg. There are lots of dungeons and areas to explore. The magic system is very interesting and fun to use. I will talk more about it when I am finished but so far it has turned out to be a very fun game on the NES. Its awesome that I have found two games so far during this challenge that are reaching into my top 25 favorite NES games.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #508 on: February 14, 2019, 09:59:06 PM »

@silentscythe, Good luck. I tried playing Black Bass for a little bit. Got to the third or fourth lake where the fish became unbelievably difficult to reel in.  Get those thumbs and fingers nice and warmed up. BTW Bass Masters Classic is an awesome fishing game. Me and my brother played that one all the time. It is one of my top three favorite fishing games. The other ones being Sega Bass Fishing and Blue Marlin.

I remember trying Blue Marlin back when I was young. I didnt have the paitence to figure it out back then.  Grin
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #509 on: February 15, 2019, 09:58:37 AM »

Victories and claims updated to here.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length