RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:24:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465491 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #555 on: February 26, 2019, 01:58:59 PM »

I'm still planning on getting back to G.I. Joe: The Atlantis Factor, but just haven't spent any time on it the last few weeks. If anyone else really wants it, I'll relinquish my claim, so let me know. However, I do plan on getting it done at some point.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #556 on: February 26, 2019, 03:22:06 PM »

Ok star trek is driving me nuts, let me change to  Mario Bros.  I might try star trek later.

ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #557 on: February 26, 2019, 08:36:20 PM »

Got Magic Johnson's Fast Break done.  I really didn't enjoy this one, the computer is way too aggressive even on lower difficulties and you'll keep getting back court violations whether you like it or not! Jammin' title screen song though.

I'm doing Panic Restaurant next.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #558 on: February 27, 2019, 08:45:20 AM »

Made another massive dent into the All Pro Basketball season. I think I've only got 5 games left to win next session which I should be able to do in about 2 hours or so, which means I might actually sneak the win in just in time for the end of the February which would be nice.

@ApolloBoy - That music was jammin'! I actually don't mind the title screen music for All Pro Basketball either. Really gets going while I'm inputting my long password to continue the season.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #559 on: February 27, 2019, 09:19:52 PM »

Mario Bro. Done.. no need to say anything everyone knows this one... next forme is Qix.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #560 on: February 27, 2019, 09:47:51 PM »

Finished off Xenophobe tonight. Since the game loops here is a pic of me leaving Stage 8. Classic game used to love playing the arcade version, which has much better colors than the NES. The fun factor is still there

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #561 on: February 28, 2019, 08:14:24 AM »

Nicely done guys! I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on Qix douglie007. It's a pretty cool game.

I was able to finish off All Pro Basketball with minimal effort tonight. The end screen here trolled me though and says I have a loss. I was confused so I checked my video again (because after each game it shows your whole play stats), and I definitely didn't have a loss. Oh well still done.

Also tried to sneak in one last sports game in for February, but didn't quite make it. Have about 3 games left to finish off Bad News Baseball. It's not great, but after so much Bases Loaded IV it does feel quite refreshing. First game was 16-15 which was a lot more action than 74 games of 1-0. The fielding is really garbage in Bad News which holds it back so much. The hitting/pitching is fine, the game has a lot of character and charm to its style, but the fielding is just so bad that even the CPU struggles with it. For example all of your basemen are locked onto their bases so if you throw the ball to 1st, 3rd or home and it misses you have to fun you pitcher at a disturbingly slow pace to recover the ball while the opponent runs the bases with no interference. Also every catch you do has some kind of random chance of fumbling the ball through no fault of yours. It's cost me many runs. Good news though is that I got the best kind of Home Run?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #562 on: February 28, 2019, 08:27:12 AM »

Today is the last day of February and we are still 28 games short of our community goal of 250 titles. Feel free to push as hard as you can today to knock a few more off, but I don't see 28 happening in one day. Everyone did great though and we got some killer titles beaten for February regardless and are still on a good pace to beat the entire library in 2019. Goal will be adjusted for March soon, but I thought I'd let you guys know what March's single player goal is going to be so you can all prepare for it.

For March the single player goal Is to beat at least 2 games based on a licensed property. That means games based on books, TV, movies, brands, characters, etc. that exist outside of video games. One of the nice things about this goal is there is a TON of variety in styles of games so hopefully everyone can find a couple that speak to them.

Here is a handy list of the ones still available to beat from our remaining games list:

Addams Family, The
Addams Family: Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt, The
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonstrike
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Hillsfar
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Pool of Radiance
Adventures in the Magic Kingdom
Adventures of Gilligan's Island, The
Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle and Friends, The
Airwolf
Alien3
American Gladiators
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Back to the Future
Back to the Future II & III
Batman: Return of the Joker
Batman Returns
Bill & Ted's Excellent Video Game Adventure
Blues Brothers, The
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Captain America and the Avengers
Captain Planet
Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers 2
Cliffhanger
Conan: The Mysteries of Time
Cool World
Darkman
Days of Thunder
Defenders of Dynatron City
Dick Tracy
Die Hard
Dirty Harry: The War Against Drugs
Empire Strikes Back , The
Fester's Quest
Fisher Price: I Can Remember
Fisher Price: Perfect Fit
Fist of the North Star
Flight of the Intruder
Flintstones, The
Flintstones: The Surprise at Dinosaur Peak, The
Friday the 13th
Fun House
G.I. Joe
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters II
Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters
Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode
Gremlins 2: The New Batch
Harlem Globetrotters
High Speed
Home Alone
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
Hudson Hawk
Hunt for Red October, The
Incredible Crash Dummies, The
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Taito)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Ubisoft)
James Bond Jr.
Jetsons: Cogswell's Caper, The
Jungle Book, The
Jurassic Park
Karate Kid
Knight Rider
Krusty's Funhouse
Last Action Hero
Last Starfighter, The
Lethal Weapon
Little Nemo: The Dream Master
Lone Ranger, The
Mad Max
Mafat Conspiracy: Golgo 13 II, The
Marvel's X-Men
Mickey's Adventures in Numberland
Mickey's Safari in Letterland
Mission: Impossible
Muppet Adventure: Chaos at the Carnival
Peter Pan & the Pirates
Pinbot
Platoon
Predator
Punisher, The
Puss 'N Boots: Pero's Great Adventure
Rambo
Ren & Stimpy Show: Buckaroo$, The
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
RoboCop 2
RoboCop 3
Rocketeer, The
Simpsons: Bartman Meets Radioactive Man, The
Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants, The
Simpsons: Bart vs. the World, The
Snoopy's Silly Sports Spectacular
Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six
Star Trek: 25th Anniversary
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Wars
Super Jeopardy!
Superman
Swamp Thing
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters
Terminator, The
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Three Stooges, The
Thunderbirds
Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland
Tom & Jerry
Top Gun
Top Gun: The Second Mission
Total Recall
Town & Country II: Thrilla's Surfari
Town & Country Surf Designs
Toxic Crusaders
Untouchables, The
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Widget
Wolverine
Yo! Noid
Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, The
Zen: Intergalactic Ninja
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 08:30:00 AM by Crabmaster2000 » Logged

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #563 on: February 28, 2019, 01:34:55 PM »

Can we claim two games like we did in Feb as long as one is a licensed property game?

I would like to claim Friday the 13th if we can. I will be abandoning my RBI Baseball pick

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #564 on: February 28, 2019, 03:22:48 PM »

Curious to know if, since my current pick is a licensed game, if I could pick another. Also, is Mickey Mousecapades not considered a licensed game, was it left off the list, or was it already completed?

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #565 on: February 28, 2019, 03:38:01 PM »

Can we claim two games like we did in Feb as long as one is a licensed property game?

I would like to claim Friday the 13th if we can. I will be abandoning my RBI Baseball pick

Yeah I don't see why we can't do 2 claims again as long as one of them fits the single player goal

Curious to know if, since my current pick is a licensed game, if I could pick another. Also, is Mickey Mousecapades not considered a licensed game, was it left off the list, or was it already completed?

Go for it! And yes Mickey Mousecapades is a licensed game, but shane beat that one for us on February 1st already.

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #566 on: February 28, 2019, 05:04:03 PM »

It's been a while since I've posted anything on the thread. I've been playing a lot of Ninja Gaiden III, and I've definitely improved at it, but I'm still working on getting through the last few levels consistently enough to actually stand a chance against the final boss run.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #567 on: February 28, 2019, 05:15:48 PM »

It's been a while since I've posted anything on the thread. I've been playing a lot of Ninja Gaiden III, and I've definitely improved at it, but I'm still working on getting through the last few levels consistently enough to actually stand a chance against the final boss run.

That's awesome!! I feel like III is easily the hardest in the trilogy. That level with the short timer and the spikes that protrude from the wall is brutal as well as the crazy wind levels. You can do it man!!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #568 on: March 01, 2019, 09:27:22 AM »

A fresh new month with some fresh new goals!!! Hope you all enjoyed your February and are ready to keep NESing with me through March. Our community goal for March is to get to 300 total completions that's 78 games in 31 days and if we are able to meet that challenge we will be just a little shy of the halfway mark in only 3 months, which would be killer.

If you missed my post just a half a dozen posts up our single player goal for March is for each of us to to beat at least 2 games based on licensed properties. I explain a bit more up there what that means and have a big old list of all of the available games that fit that goal. If you guys arn't familiar with many of the games on the list I'd be happy to break it down further like I did near the end of the month for the sports games to give you guys an idea of what games you might like or which ones are the most beatable.

As for myself I started off my March with 2 completions (one was mostly done in February though) and beat Bad News Baseball and Star Wars tonight. Bad News has a lot of character and charm to it, but the really awful fielding mechanics make the game a loser in my books. It's really a shame because with a few tweaks I think it could have been something special and maybe be remembered fondly like Blades of Steel or Super Spike V'Ball instead of nobody really knowing about it.

Star Wars on the other hand was actually pretty great! I went in with very low expectations, because all I had heard was it was awful and challenging. It wasn't a cake walk, but it was very manageable. In the early game you can very easily harvest 1ups if you need them and once you've recruited Obi-Wan and either/or both Han and Leia you can resurrect them repeatedly AND on top of that you get 10 continues to keep you going so they really throw a lot of lives at you to work your way through it. Controls really well, follows the story of the movie surprisingly well for an NES games, and has most of the key moments (Cantina, Millenium Falcon missions, X-Wing missions, Rescue Leia, Trash Compactor, Trench run). I was pleasantly surprised and could see myself going back to this one again as I had a lot of fun.

Gonna take claim to AD&D Pool of Radiance and Empire Strikes Back for myself. Really glad to take a break from all the sports for this month!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #569 on: March 01, 2019, 05:00:23 PM »

Qix done! Took me longer than I thought, still a great game.  Let's try 3 stooges for my next one.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length