RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:23:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 468567 times)
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #630 on: March 16, 2019, 05:17:22 PM »

Mickey's Adventures in Numberland completed. You platform to find the specified number, and then the exit. Mickey's controls are too slippery to be a good platformer, and there's no consequences for getting hit or touching the wrong number. Additionally, there's a score that doesn't mean anything, as it never tells you a final score when you beat the game.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #631 on: March 16, 2019, 05:45:08 PM »

Mickey's Safari in Letterland completed. It's even less of a game than Numberland.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #632 on: March 16, 2019, 11:37:30 PM »

Little Nemo: The Dream Master completed. I can't believe no one had this as their claimed game.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #633 on: March 17, 2019, 02:25:33 AM »

Yo! Noid completed. It's not that good, even though the platforming controls are good. Parts of levels go from incredibly easy to really difficult, and the boss battles are pizza eating contests. I had the game freeze on me when I beat one of the eating contests, and learned that the black pepper can't be used to win the match because the game locks up.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #634 on: March 17, 2019, 03:12:31 AM »

Back to the Future complete. It definitely has its frustrating moments. Sometimes I feel like getting the skateboard makes it more difficult for the sake of a higher bonus at the end. The score itself doesn't seem to do anything.

It's neat that there's a rhythm game most of the way through. I wish that was repeated in place of the street levels a few times.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #635 on: March 17, 2019, 04:53:23 AM »

Caveman Games complete. There really isn't an end screen other than the results.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #636 on: March 17, 2019, 08:04:24 AM »

Bonk's Adventure completed. Based on how difficult some of the bosses are, I was a bit disappointed by the difficulty of the final boss. The friction that Bonk has on platforms feels too little, and he constantly slides off the small platform given during boss fights. I don't think I'd play this again.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #637 on: March 17, 2019, 10:03:11 AM »

@bombatomba - all Black Belt party! That's a truly hardcore playthrough! Awesome job man.

@shane - ....... wow! I was starting to doubt we were going to hit our goal of 300 games this month, but you just gave us a big shot in the arm to get us back on track! The only sad news I have for you is that douglie007 already had beaten both the Mickey Numberland and Letterland games previously, but everything else you took down was perfect.

If you liked Chip n Dale 2 I think you'd enjoy Chip n Dale 1 as well. It's much shorter, but I've always preferred it to 2.

I agree with your thoughts on Tiny Toons 2. I love the first game, this was a sad follow up.

The Fisher Price games are pretty bad even for the age group they are aimed at. I did use Perfect Fit when my son was like 4 to get him used to how a controller worked though and to show him he was in control of the objects on screen and helped him build his dexterity before he jumped over to Super Mario Bros.

I love love love Little Nemo, such a fun game.

Yo! Noid isn't great, but I also enjoy it too. It's a bit unforgiving, but some janky fun.

Agree with you on Back to the Future 100%

What did you think of Caveman Games? I really like it. Got some fun and unique events.

This isn't a great version of Bonk. I don't think I'd play it again either.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Duke0619
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #638 on: March 17, 2019, 06:57:36 PM »

I’m still at it with Rush N Attack. I got to the level 5 boss and man is it hard. That’s gonna be a tough one to over come. This one is tough.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #639 on: March 17, 2019, 07:37:07 PM »

Hillsfar is in the bag.  I started up with the thief class, just like back in the day, and hit the same wall I did before (unresponsive controls), so I decided on the cleric class, which is more story oriented.  The game feels very unfair in some respects (especially in the stupid horse-riding sections), but really it is the terrible controls.  Shame really.  I still love it though.  While it doesn't really fit into the "open world" category as much as some modern games, but the large city and different locations you can travel to made it feel larger.  Too bad you had to ride the stupid horse to get to those other locations...

Well, I guess I will take one for the team and jump on Dirty Harry.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #640 on: March 18, 2019, 08:19:18 AM »

Beat James Bond Jr. tonight. It wasn't terrible, also wasn't amazing. Music was ok. Slowest ladder climbing I've ever come across though. Had to do a second quest ala Ghosts n Goblins, which was super easy after figuring out all the puzzles and maps the first time around. Last level on second quest took a couple tries though because you can't use a continue on the second quest.

@bombatomba - how long is Hillsfar? I guess I assumed it was fairly lengthy, but you rolled over it like no ones business. Also big kudos for giving Dirty Harry a go. That first stage is one of the most confusing levels I've ever played in any game, and beware that there is a trap room that you can't leave if you accidentally find it. If you can get past that first level the next ones are quite short though.

@Duke0619 - Your so close man! Only one more level to go after 5!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #641 on: March 18, 2019, 08:21:45 AM »

Mickey's Adventures in Numberland completed. You platform to find the specified number, and then the exit. Mickey's controls are too slippery to be a good platformer, and there's no consequences for getting hit or touching the wrong number. Additionally, there's a score that doesn't mean anything, as it never tells you a final score when you beat the game.

I already did the Mickey games. 

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #642 on: March 18, 2019, 11:51:54 AM »

Made some progress in Swords and Serpents over the weekend. First time I have had a chance to pick anything up this week. Wife had a bunch going on so that means I gotta do more as well.

Got to Mars on Total Recall which is nice cause you can continue once you reach that point. Can't quit finish it out. Will give it more time this week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #643 on: March 18, 2019, 01:28:45 PM »

@bombatomba - how long is Hillsfar? I guess I assumed it was fairly lengthy, but you rolled over it like no ones business. Also big kudos for giving Dirty Harry a go. That first stage is one of the most confusing levels I've ever played in any game, and beware that there is a trap room that you can't leave if you accidentally find it. If you can get past that first level the next ones are quite short though.

I spent about four hours playing it, but in reality you could finish one of the quests (either cleric or mage) in about an hour, assuming that you know where you are going.  If you don't already know the locations of all the inns and sewers, it could take longer as you have to acclimate yourself to Hillsfar.    So maybe two hours (no manual, no maps)?  I decided to try playing the thief but was unable to finish due to the lockpicking minigame getting crazy near the end.  Speaking of which; best lockpicking minigame of all time.

Yeah.  Hillsfar is nothing like Pool of Radiance, though; that is a real PC-style tactical RPG from the 80's.  When do you plan on starting Pool?

I didn't think too much with Dirty Harry.  I saw it on the "Take one for the team" part of the list you put together, watched a tiny bit of a video on Youtube and laughed (are those supposed to be snakes in the office building?).  I'll start it tonight.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 03:07:22 PM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #644 on: March 18, 2019, 04:16:50 PM »

Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle is done... not a good game at all.  It was short but you really have to get the moose run and squirrel flying down. I'll take Super Jeopardy next.  

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length