RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:32:30 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465537 times)
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #690 on: March 31, 2019, 12:57:18 PM »

Clu Clu Land looped. I've never been able to perfect the timing of making right angle turns every time, so I end up spending more time than necessary on each level.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #691 on: March 31, 2019, 02:57:06 PM »

Good job on Clu Clu land @shane. I was trying that one last year and just couldn’t get the hang of controlling the little fellar.

Went back to Rescue and completed it on the final mission

It’s actually pretty difficult to beat on the final mission. When in the building the terrorists are no longer shown on the map and they react with lightning speed. Tip though, the instant you turn onto a new screen just fire. If there’s a terrorist you will hit him. If there’s a hostage you won’t hit them cus they stand on the left and the gun fires to the right.

Also, the snipers aren’t worth the time it takes to get them into position. Unless going for the perfect game get the first into position and just let the other two get shot.

Not a bad game. But the amount of content on offer is pathetic. Easier difficulties can be completed in minutes. Further “missions” are actually just increases in difficulty not different layouts
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #692 on: April 01, 2019, 07:51:47 AM »

First of all, that was a wicked last couple days on March!! You guys slayed a lot of games in a short amount of time. Including some fairly challenging ones too! Great to see things like Ninja Gaiden III, Chubby Cherub and Wolverine all go get finished. I finally got the thread up to date again so on with April's goals!

Since we were a little shy of our community goal 2 months running now I revised it again and scaled it back so that our goal for April is to get to 335 games beaten by April 30th. That simply means we need a repeat of March's numbers. Definitely doable!

The Personal Goal for April is to jump in the driver's seat/cockpit and Beat a driving/flight sim game. Here is a list of the available games for April's goal:

The personal goal this month is to get in the driver seat and beat at least one driving or cockpit view flight game in April. With the snow melting it's time to hit the road and cross some driving games off of our list which have been fairly neglected up to this point.

Here is the list of qualifying games for the personal goal this month:

Bill Elliott's Nascar Challenge
BreakThru
Bump 'n' Jump
Cobra Triangle
Days of Thunder
Eliminator Boat Duel
F-117A Stealth Fighter
Ferrari Grand Prix Challenge
Flight of the Intruder
Formula 1: Built to Win
Galaxy 5000
Infiltrator
Iron Tank
Ivan "Iron Man" Stewart's Super Off-Road
Jackal
Knight Rider
Laser Invasion
Mach Rider
Michael Andretti's World Grand Prix
Motor City Patrol
Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing
R.C. Pro-Am II
Race America
Rally Bike
RoadBlasters
Seicross
Silkworm
Spy Hunter
Star Voyager
Stealth ATF
Super Cars
Super Spy Hunter
Top Gun
Top Gun: The Second Mission
Ultimate Air Combat

Last night I was also able to take down Fly Mo and finished off Power Punch II I was able to cheese my way past most fights, but the last boss in this game was one of the worst I've come across. Took many hours just doing that stupid 5 minute fight until I finally got a run where I beat him. This came out years after Punch Out!! so I can't figure out why it's so much worse. Just copy the good game and add your aliens!! That would have been just fine.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #693 on: April 02, 2019, 07:37:00 AM »

So I started up Michael Andretti's World GP tonight. oh boy. Might have another contender for least amount of pleasure to time spent to rival Bases Loaded 4. I spent 4 hours and was able to complete 2 races. There are 9 levels and at least the first level is 4 races, but I think some of the later ones can have up to 8 races each. Not only is this game long as hell it's also hard as hell. I'm not sure I want to just sink a whole bunch of time into it at once to get it over with or pick off a race every day or two and finish it a month or two down the road, but either way it's gonna be a while. Not only that, but there is no music during the races. It's just engines and tires for 20 minutes at a time.....

At least the game over music is decent:

https://youtu.be/gkYxDsbX3Ls?t=552
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 07:39:12 AM by Crabmaster2000 » Logged

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #694 on: April 02, 2019, 10:11:08 AM »

@crabby- As a kid I rented games all the time, and never felt like I wasted my time/money (even on the bad ones), with one glaring exception- MA's World GP. Good luck with it.

Also, if we get a secondary claim for the racing games, I'd like Galaxy 5000.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #695 on: April 02, 2019, 11:05:49 PM »

Finished Demon Sword.  Not too bad, but only because I played it immediately after Legend of Kage, which are both very similar (though Demon Sword is far more of a console type game).  It was super easy up until the end, though I found a lot of the bosses found inside the item rooms far harder than the bosses.  Oh well.  I think next I will play Breakthru.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #696 on: April 03, 2019, 08:01:32 AM »

@crabby- As a kid I rented games all the time, and never felt like I wasted my time/money (even on the bad ones), with one glaring exception- MA's World GP. Good luck with it.

Also, if we get a secondary claim for the racing games, I'd like Galaxy 5000.

That would have been a lame weekend as a kid. I feel for you!

Made some far better progress tonight on World GP tonight and finished off both the 1st and 2nd levels and the first race of the 3rd. Getting a much better feel for the game now and it's moving along a lot better.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #697 on: April 04, 2019, 07:49:24 AM »

Knocked off a whole bunch more races tonight. I am on race 4 of level 4 currently.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #698 on: April 04, 2019, 07:59:42 PM »

This is the first time I've put much time into Ice Climbers, it's harder than I thought it would be.  I've been playing on the switch, so it might be a lag thing, but it feels i should be making jumps, but i miss them.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #699 on: April 04, 2019, 10:06:49 PM »

I am putting some more time into Zelda tonight.  I'm at dungeon 8, and died while shooting arrows at Ghoma.  Now I cant get past the Blue Darknuts in the 3rd room again.  Everytime I turn to kill one, they face me and are invincible.   I cant get around them.  They are the worst enemy in this damn game!
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #700 on: April 05, 2019, 02:06:16 AM »

This is the first time I've put much time into Ice Climbers, it's harder than I thought it would be.  I've been playing on the switch, so it might be a lag thing, but it feels i should be making jumps, but i miss them.

It’s like that on an actual NES too
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #701 on: April 05, 2019, 07:51:57 AM »

It’s like that on an actual NES too

Yeah it's a hard game. I think it's mainly because the jumping mechanic is not great. So floaty and that arc is too tight.

I am putting some more time into Zelda tonight.  I'm at dungeon 8, and died while shooting arrows at Ghoma.  Now I cant get past the Blue Darknuts in the 3rd room again.  Everytime I turn to kill one, they face me and are invincible.   I cant get around them.  They are the worst enemy in this damn game!

You're so close! I believe in you!

I played some more World GP tonight. Progress was much slower tonight. Got to Level 5 race 2. The races in Level 5 are much harder. Just the qualifying times to get to the actual races are a lot tighter. Took me many many tries to get 1st in the first 2 races of Level 5, but I really think it's going to be worth the pain. Since you win a level by points and the last track is always a new track to me if I get to the last few races with enough of a lead (1st gets 5 points 2nd gets 3 so the 2 point gap can be significant after a few races and give me a lot of breathing room) it lets me slack off at the end with the tracks I don't know as well at this point in the game.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #702 on: April 05, 2019, 10:12:37 PM »

Thank you Crabby! It must have worked because my first try through tonight I sailed through dungeon 8.  I ended up having to take 2 drinks out of my potion, but it's done and now time for Gannon!

*update*
Last night I could not get past the 8th dungeon to save my life.  I added about 50 deaths to my counter.  Tonight was different.  I passed through the 8th dungeon and with the aid of a bit of potion I made it through Dungeon 9.  I got incredibly lucky with Gannon. I went to one corner of the room to hit him and with every hit he stayed put and I got all 4 hits in a row!  One Silver Arrow later and he was dead in under 10 seconds! I can finally put The Legend of Zelda in the done pile!

« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 11:06:21 PM by Wempster » Logged
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #703 on: April 06, 2019, 05:26:55 AM »

I believe I beat R.C. Pro-Am II, since it seemed the courses were the same ones I already played. I looked up a speedrun of it and they go for 24 races, so this is well beyond the end of the game.

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #704 on: April 06, 2019, 09:00:25 AM »

@shane- Usually the game ends after 36 races (assuming your 1st in points at the time). It makes you survive several notable tracks from earlier in the game on a higher difficulty. What were your thoughts on the game?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 09:24:37 AM by EZ Racer » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length