RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:13:24 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465546 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #735 on: April 16, 2019, 08:57:56 PM »

What an amazing piece of artistry in that thumbnail! Oh, and the video is pretty good, too. Wink

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #736 on: April 17, 2019, 07:14:07 AM »

Got to Race 11 out of 16 on the final level of Michael Andretti's World GP tonight. Gained up a small lead and then lost much of it. I'm past 2 of the levels I was most worried about though so that's a silver lining. Hoping to finally finish this up tomorrow.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #737 on: April 17, 2019, 09:16:39 AM »

What an amazing piece of artistry in that thumbnail! Oh, and the video is pretty good, too. Wink
The dino seems to agree since it's giving a thumbs up!
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #738 on: April 17, 2019, 04:15:30 PM »

Got to Race 11 out of 16 on the final level of Michael Andretti's World GP tonight. Gained up a small lead and then lost much of it. I'm past 2 of the levels I was most worried about though so that's a silver lining. Hoping to finally finish this up tomorrow.

One last push!
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #739 on: April 17, 2019, 09:46:42 PM »

Pin-Bot done.

I recently discovered that I really like pinball games, so I've been working on Pin-Bot for a little while now. After dozens of tries that include a couple of heartbreaking scores of just under the 10 million, I was able to pull off a great run and shattered the high score. I enjoyed the game and found it very addicting, but it was also very frustrating. I don't know if this is common with pinball games (or actual pinball), but I felt like there were many times when there was nothing I could do to stop a ball from being lost, and things could go so bad so quickly that it actually felt like the game was actively trying to make me lose. Seemed a bit cheap at times, but I still enjoyed it and plan on attempting the remaining NES pinball games.

And yes, those are my actual initials.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #740 on: April 18, 2019, 12:42:56 AM »

Checking in here, I still intend to go after The Jetsons but I've been having some health issues lately. Had the nastiest flu back in March and now I'm dealing with some retinal lesions caused by said flu (which are healing thankfully!). My vision isn't the best right now but once it improves some more I'll get back on it!

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #741 on: April 18, 2019, 08:19:47 AM »

Checking in here, I still intend to go after The Jetsons but I've been having some health issues lately. Had the nastiest flu back in March and now I'm dealing with some retinal lesions caused by said flu (which are healing thankfully!). My vision isn't the best right now but once it improves some more I'll get back on it!

Sorry to hear about your health difficulties, but glad to hear you're on the mend!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #742 on: April 19, 2019, 07:55:37 AM »

@Disposed Hero - With the early Pinball tables that they emulate on consoles they don't feature a way to bump the machine like you can in a real life pinball which would account for those times you feel like you have no way to prevent the ball from draining whereas if you were playing an actually Pin-Bot table you could literally move the machine to manipulate the balls path and attempt to save it. Highspeed is also a fun table on the NES, but to "beat" the game it's actually pretty dang tough.

@Apolloboy - Hope you're feeling better soon we could definitely use all hands on deck!

One last push!

Turns out it needed like 3 more pushes. I got the second last race and just didn't have the points to be able to win so I had to use an older password and do better on some the of the middle races to bump my score up. I now have the password for the very last race in the game with the exact same score as Michael Andretti so I have to beat him to win the race and therefor the game now. This last level is so tough. In every other round there were would be 1 or 2 races in which the leader would place lower than 2nd. Micheal Andretti get's all firsts unless you take that spot from him. Never has a dip in points below 2nd. Anyway I figure I can eventually beat him in this one race, but it may take a few hours to finally achieve that.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #743 on: April 20, 2019, 07:29:05 AM »

Of the games left, are there any that most people wouldn't want to play? I don't want to leave a bunch of crappy games for the end of the year.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #744 on: April 20, 2019, 09:08:11 AM »

Of the games left, are there any that most people wouldn't want to play? I don't want to leave a bunch of crappy games for the end of the year.

I've been trying to pick off a lot of the lamer titles already, but I think it's going to be inevitable that there is mainly junk left at the end.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #745 on: April 20, 2019, 10:30:42 AM »

I have been so busy, I haven't even started motor city.  Take me off it for now and when I have some more time I'll jump in and grab another game.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #746 on: April 20, 2019, 11:29:19 AM »

I've finished BreakThru.  With it's "pure memorization" gameplay and checkpoint unlimited continues, it feels very much like an arcade port...  Which is awesome!  I've been on an arcade kick as of late so it hit the spot.  And it actually is a port of an arcade, though I completely missed it back in the day.  It (the arcade original) is available on the digital on the Switch under the "Johnny Turbo's Arcade" banner, along with a number of other arcade games of varying quality.  For the record, I found the NES port of BreakThru to be superior to the arcade original, so keep that in mind.

I have an idea I will regret this later (I think it has fifty levels), but I will take on RoadBlasters.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 02:40:42 PM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #747 on: April 20, 2019, 03:08:46 PM »

Guerrilla War done.

First time playing this one. It was a lot of fun and very forgiving. I think the game gives you unlimited continues and you always respawn right where you die, so this is a very easy game to complete if that is the case.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 03:35:10 PM by Disposed Hero » Logged

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #748 on: April 20, 2019, 03:55:13 PM »

I'm going to claim Break Time: The National Pool Tour to try to get through some more sports-like titles.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #749 on: April 20, 2019, 04:48:40 PM »

Hehe.  I've included it in one of my future articles for this year (maybe July?) but Ikari Warriors is a serious turd.  I can't imagine someone beating this without using the cheat code (which is off limits since it isn't included in the manual).  Also most of the Koei games, mainly due to length.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length