RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:43:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465666 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #825 on: June 02, 2019, 11:08:44 PM »

My problem is, the first game I picked was super hard, and the game I'm working on now (Lolo 3) is time consuming. Balancing this and the Shmup Club, along with other things, can be hard. I have a decent library, so I'm still hoping to keep contributing some in the coming months, assuming not all the games in my library have been claimed yet Smiley

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #826 on: June 04, 2019, 01:53:37 AM »

Thanks for all the great feedback guys. Lots to think on. I'm actually pretty psyched to hear how many of you are playing on original hardware with your own carts (not to shame any of you emulation players because we definitely need your help). My hunch is that we wont be able to get this done in 2019 alone, but I say we keep plugging away and if we reach December and there are still 200 games left to beat we can just roll that into next year if everyone is up for it. Even if this takes longer than originally intended it's still been a really fun community event for me to be a part of, and I hope for you guys as well.

Instead of a community goal each month I may make up a small list of games that may take a special kind of player in order to beat so that if we have anyone feeling up for a particular challenge they can slog through a tedious game or put their mastery of a particular genre on display and help defeat some of the harder or more obscure titles that tend to get overlooked. Nintendoage has a lot of great info on games that are not only challenging, but also neglected or are incredibly time consuming that I can borrow from. I may make it a small project to categorize some of those titles to help you guys choose games that you may not be familiar with.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #827 on: June 05, 2019, 10:19:54 AM »

So I've been working on a game I thought I could finish reasonably quick, Formula 1: Built to Win, but it's a good game gone horribly wrong in it's second half because of MAJOR balance issues. I'm going to keep plugging away at it and others but wanted to give a progress update.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #828 on: June 05, 2019, 01:34:25 PM »

So I've been working on a game I thought I could finish reasonably quick, Formula 1: Built to Win, but it's a good game gone horribly wrong in it's second half because of MAJOR balance issues. I'm going to keep plugging away at it and others but wanted to give a progress update.

Havnt played that one myself yet. Seems like a few racers have very lengthy campaigns. Does Formula 1 fall into that category?

I'm still plugging away at Championship Pool, but I think I'm gonna play a couple easier games to get my motivation back and then maybe start one another big RPG like Might & Magic.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Misto
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #829 on: June 05, 2019, 05:12:50 PM »

Here is me getting to round 17 in Joust which satisfies the win condition:

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #830 on: June 07, 2019, 06:36:02 AM »

Nice job on Joust! It's no joke when you get past wave 10 on that game.

I beat Captain Skyhawk tonight. Rare definitely has a style it takes with it regardless of the genre of game. Took some time to get used the perspective more than anything in this game. Once I had a handle on that it was actually pretty easy to beat.

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #831 on: June 07, 2019, 01:23:00 PM »

Yoshi defeated. I've seen several negative reviews for this one, but I think that's a bit harsh. To me it was a decent, albeit average, puzzle game.

* 20190606_104147.jpg (559.42 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 234 times.)
Misto
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #832 on: June 07, 2019, 09:29:22 PM »

I decided to give Othello a try.  Took a few days to get good enough to regularly beat Com-4.  It was pretty frustrating playing against the AI, mainly because it takes forever to make a move - several minutes sometimes.
Plus once you beat Com-4, you have one shot to beat Com-5. If you lose you have to go back and replay Com-4.  Not much to say about the game though - its Othello and its kind of a drag to play with the slow AI.

Here me getting to Com-5 for the first time:

And here was me finally beating Com-5 today:

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #833 on: June 08, 2019, 01:43:44 PM »

Couldn't get a good pic, but Yoshi's Cookie is done. Another average puzzler, and honestly I liked Yoshi better.

Since I've been in a puzzle game mood lately, been giving Tetris a try as well. The best i've been able to do is complete 9-3. 9-5 is CRAZY hard, and I'll probably just dabble in it from time to time. Hopefully someone else on the forum is a pro puzzler.

* 20190608_125306.jpg (398.15 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 227 times.)
EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #834 on: June 08, 2019, 10:17:13 PM »

Can't believe I actually pulled this off, but Tetris is complete. I probably had more than a hundred scores under 10 pts on type B's 9-5, but all it took was one good run. I really hadn't ever seriously tried the upper levels of type B. To win, you have to play from the outside in and hope you get the drops you need at the right time. I also have to say the music adds to the difficulty, with it's panic inducing speed up when it gets near the top (which is pretty much after a few pieces drop).

* 20190607_171800.jpg (901.46 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 193 times.)

* 20190608_215839.jpg (1036.5 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 225 times.)
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #835 on: June 09, 2019, 03:51:08 AM »

Nice work @ez racer. I tried tetris about a month back and that 9-5 seemed impossible
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #836 on: June 09, 2019, 10:09:08 AM »

Oh, so I guess I'm not doing Lemmings. I'm about done with Timespinner on Switch, so I can start in to some more NES games.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #837 on: June 09, 2019, 12:31:02 PM »

Oh, so I guess I'm not doing Lemmings. I'm about done with Timespinner on Switch, so I can start in to some more NES games.

Lemmings is still yours if you want it. That was my bad.

Ill update everyone's wins in the morning. Busy weekend for me.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #838 on: June 09, 2019, 07:10:01 PM »

Making progress in Lolo 3! Level 08 down, which means I’ve gone through nearly half of the levels so far, though 13 & 17 both have double the rooms. Still, I’m happy that I’m still going Cheesy

* Lolo3 level 8 done.jpg (124.55 KB, 902x677 - viewed 190 times.)

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #839 on: June 09, 2019, 08:33:25 PM »

Lemmings is still yours if you want it. That was my bad.

No way. I took it before I saw the conditions, and last I attempted it I struggled with getting the builders to stop at just the right spot to build diagonally. Not my sort of game.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length