RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:35:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465560 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #840 on: June 10, 2019, 07:45:17 AM »

You guys are slaying all the puzzle games, that's awesome!

Lemmings is still yours if you want it. That was my bad.

No way. I took it before I saw the conditions, and last I attempted it I struggled with getting the builders to stop at just the right spot to build diagonally. Not my sort of game.

Yeah there are several levels in the mayhem difficulty where getting the lemmings to build at the proper spot took a ton of trial and error. Again I'm so sorry I didn't look at the claims before I started in on that.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #841 on: June 10, 2019, 08:24:46 AM »

I'm gonna need a break from Championship Pool. I'm just not getting anywhere with it. I'm gonna change my approach for a bit as well. 2 times in the past I've challenged myself to beat 100 NES games over 100 day period. I'm gonna attempt my third beat 100 NES games in 100 days challenge both to beef up my personal numbers, but also really push this challenge forward and give it the boost it needs. I'm only playing games that I havn't beaten in the past before so it's getting harder and harder to do with the remaining titles available so I'm not sure it's going to be possible, but I'm gonna give it my best. It'll also be very challenging to both pick games that are on my personal "need to beat" list that match up with the ones not beaten on here yet.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #842 on: June 10, 2019, 12:32:02 PM »

100 in 100 days is some going! Did you achieve the challenge both times in the past?
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #843 on: June 10, 2019, 08:27:21 PM »

And coming in with a total score of 119, which is 47 over par here at Bandai Golf: Challenge Pebble Beach, Wempster.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 08:29:03 PM by Wempster » Logged
EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #844 on: June 10, 2019, 10:19:02 PM »

Tetris 2 is done. Quite possibly the most tedious game I've ever completed. I actually had this as a kid, and it's not a bad game overall, it just isn't addictive like the first. It's more of one of those "play it for 15 minutes for something different, then move on to something else.

I can't honestly think of why anyone would want to complete it fully, as it takes doing 51 hard stages in a single sitting (one move deaths at times, but no limit to continues). Needless to say my system was on for about 48 hours straight to actually do it, as I took it about 5 to 10 stages at a time.

I'm pretty puzzled out now, but I'll keep trying to add more titles to the completed list as quickly as I can.

* 20190610_165721.jpg (809.41 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 305 times.)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #845 on: June 11, 2019, 07:30:52 AM »

100 in 100 days is some going! Did you achieve the challenge both times in the past?

I was successful both times. But back then it wasn't actually too bad because the first time I had a lot of games I was familiar with (Marios, Mega Mans, Ninja Gaidens, Castlevanias, etc) and the second time there were a lot of kids games and game shows I could use to pad my numbers. This time will be the hardest. Just remembered that I'm heading out of town for a week next Monday so I'm going to wait until I get home to start my challenge though.

Nice job guys!

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #846 on: June 14, 2019, 12:16:16 PM »

200 days left this year I’ve read. We still have time to complete this challenge!
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #847 on: June 14, 2019, 11:35:20 PM »

Well, today I started playing Roadblasters again, then my family handed me a Nintendo Switch for Father's Day.  :/

Luckily they didn't hand me any games.  Yet.  They were sitting there smirking, so I am sure I will get something else.  Gotta beat Roadblasters quick!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 11:40:23 PM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #848 on: June 15, 2019, 12:11:07 AM »

Just beat Roadblasters.  Funny thing was I just ran out of fuel, and as I was slowing down the finish line came into sight, which triggered the "end rally" music, and the car very slowly coasted to the finish line.  I never beat this game before so I have no idea if it always does that, but it made me laugh.

I cannot believe that nobody claimed Pro Wrestling yet, so I will take it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 12:12:51 AM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #849 on: June 15, 2019, 07:48:45 AM »

WWF Steel Cage Challenge complete.

This one is a breeze when you figure out you can pretty much keep tapping A to win. Better than the non-Steel cage wrestlemania challenge game though
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #850 on: June 15, 2019, 08:24:00 AM »

Going to play through Dragon Fighter. Another side scroller that I didn't know about.
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #851 on: June 15, 2019, 11:36:00 AM »

Beat Dragon Fighter. Level 5 is a nightmare because of the fireball-shooting claws that are stacked two tall. You pretty much have to take a hit on those, which means you need to be perfect throughout the level or you need to grab a few health restorers from random drops.

Level 6 is a sidescrolling shooter, which is a welcome break after level 5. I was worried that it would be even more difficult, but the patterns are very predictable.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #852 on: June 15, 2019, 04:39:23 PM »

Nice job everybody! I'll do one more update later tonight and add everyone's new accomplishments to the list then I'll be away for the next week.

Duke.Togo has graciously offered to keep an eye on the thread for me and keep the lists updated as games are beaten. So please direct all your hate mail his way until next Sunday when I return.

Really looking forward to coming back fully energized and ready to slam through some more NES games!!

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #853 on: June 16, 2019, 07:05:15 AM »

Beat G.I. Joe. It's my first time playing it, and since it received 5 stars in a certain NES guide book, I figured I had to try it. Oh, boy, is it a polished game. It takes all of the great aspects of so many games like Ninja Gaiden, Contra, Batman, and Monster in my Pocket, and combines them with a rocking soundtrack and pretty decent sprite work for the time period. Some of the bosses were pretty difficult, even when you figured out their patterns, but this is the NES so that's to be assumed. The Buzz Boars and Metal Head in particular proved to be trying, with the former feeling like it was pure luck with jump timing.

One thing to pay attention to while playing is which characters have the lowest values for their gun level when you approach a gun power up. Some of the guns, like Rock & Roll's, are amazing once fully powered, so you may want to briefly switch to that character to collect each gun power up when you encounter them. He makes short work of bosses because of his powered up gun basically being the spread gun from Contra.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #854 on: June 16, 2019, 06:37:01 PM »

Really having trouble with the last 20 stages of Wario's Woods. I breezed through the first 75 without any issues and then hit a wall. Definitely have to think ahead and set up some combos to keep Wario away rather than just trying to complete the stages as fast as I can.

Also, I found my NES stuff and my NES Mini, so I might be able to be a little more helpful to the challenge as long as I own some of the stuff we have left to complete.

Lastly, I finally got around to downloading Discord and discovered I had some invites pending from RFGen, so I have really been enjoying keeping up on there.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length