RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:33:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465441 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #855 on: June 16, 2019, 11:40:57 PM »

Lists updated, fellas. Rock on.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #856 on: June 17, 2019, 06:53:58 AM »

I am having a beast of a time with Pro Wrestling.  I am still having a lot of fun, but I just cannot get to the Great Puma.  I used to walk through this game with Fighter Hayabusa and now...  I had figured out that once you know a guy on the ground if you place Hayabusa just so (it looks like his butt is right in the face of the downed opponent) and hit the "A" button right as he gets up the Back Brain Kick would connect.  Five or six of those, followed up with a suplex and that is usually enough to bring even Giant Panther down.  Now due to my inability to consistently pull off the move, I have decided to focus more on ring outs for the more physical enemies and a quick wear down using clotheslines followed by a few suplexes and pinning, but it is a struggle.

I've brought my Switch to work to play on breaks and lunch.  Today is the day.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 12:20:57 PM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #857 on: June 17, 2019, 07:53:24 PM »

I used to cruise through Pro Wrestling as a kid, but that has been a long time. Good luck!

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #858 on: June 18, 2019, 04:22:00 AM »

Also beat G.I. Joe: The Atlantis Factor. If you like the first G.i. Joe, don't bother with this one. Somehow, they removed all of the good bits of the first game and didn't bother coming up with bosses that are unique in their attack patterns.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #859 on: June 18, 2019, 04:50:33 AM »

Went back to Joe & Mac and suffered through it. I feel like they made the levels so exacting because they didn't make them too long, so it still takes you a long time to make your way through the levels. Definitely not recommended.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #860 on: June 18, 2019, 06:27:01 PM »

WOOWOOWOOWOOOOOWOO!  I finally beat Pro Wrestling!  I started again with Fighter Hayabusa and plowed through the game, and faced the Great Puma, and he mopped the floor with me!  I tried again (took maybe twenty minutes this time) and beat him in less than a minute by ringout. He threw me out of the ring and I managed to kick him repeatedly, barely making it back into the ring:

Cheap, but this guy is a nightmare without a turbo controller.  The timing in this game is really weird, and (I think) basically comes down to who hits the button first (which is usually the CPU at later levels).  Whatever.  I ended up switching back from my Switch (harhar) to my PC because I was afraid I was going to break my controller from the speed I was hitting the buttons.  My goodness.  Anyway, here you go:

I need five minutes to think about what game is next.  My hands hurt too much, lol.

- Han Solo
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #861 on: June 18, 2019, 08:11:22 PM »

Darkman is done. This is by far the worst platform game I've played on the NES. There's some weird velocity system to jumping, but the character doesn't jump right when you press it so you run right off the ledges. The levels are incredibly short, thankfully, because I had to replay it a number of times. The last boss, I'm pretty sure, is unbeatable if you jump onto the platform from the nearest moving platform. You instead have to get a full running start, jump on the moving platform when it's at its highest, and immediately jump again to land halfway into the boss platform to make sure you don't get knocked off. Then it's the same situation that Bombatomba was in. Mash as fast as possible and hope the game triggers your attack first.

Going to reserve Kid Klown because I've heard it's decent and I need a break from the crap games.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #862 on: June 18, 2019, 09:27:53 PM »

Updated.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #863 on: June 18, 2019, 10:33:42 PM »

We have passed the halfway mark guys!  Everybody keep up the good work!!
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #864 on: June 19, 2019, 05:30:19 AM »

I know I'm going to regret this, but I want to claim Ikari Warriors - Victory Road.  I just was trying out some of the available titles on Nintendo Online, and while Solomon's Key is a lot of fun, I  don't think I am quite ready for such a puzzle game.  My kids also got me the SNK Anniversary (maybe a review?) game for Switch and I reeealy like playing games on my Switch at lunch, plus I used to royally hate this game.

I'm scared, but I think I can do it.

- Han Solo
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #865 on: June 19, 2019, 07:35:42 AM »

Beat Kid Klown. A really great platformer. You have balloons that you can throw three at a time as projectiles, which you can also use as trampolines. You can also hold a balloon to slow your fall. The bosses are really easy, and considering you end up in a bonus game after each level where you can get multiple 1ups as well as refill your health, there's not much to worry about as you run through the levels.

The ending is ridiculous. I'll attach the end screen here for my usual proof of completion, but check out the link below it for the ending sequence.

https://imgur.com/a/TuLKycZ
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #866 on: June 19, 2019, 02:30:00 PM »

Just finished Ikari Warriors II - Victory Road.  Turns out that once you realize the boomerang is the king of weapons (not the flamethrower and sword from the arcade original) the game isn't too bad, and assuming you fully use the items the game gives you nothing is really that hard until you hit the last boss.  He was pretty hard, but once you understand his pattern it is pretty easy.  I was pretty happy that I finished without utilizing the "ABBA" code (which causes a reset of your points) so I was hoping to see it in the ending sequence.  Nope.  Here is the title screen after I finished with the points:

Here is the actual ending screen.  LAME:

Since I already have the SNK Collection up on my Switch now (and I am still too afraid of getting bogged down in the massive memorization of Solomon's Key), I would like to claim Ikari Warriors III.

- Han Solo
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #867 on: June 19, 2019, 02:43:14 PM »

I'm going to claim Little Samson since, amazingly, no one has claimed it and I've never played it.
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #868 on: June 19, 2019, 03:16:42 PM »

@shane - it’s a good one. Enjoy
EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #869 on: June 19, 2019, 06:40:20 PM »

Quick update from me- I've been playing a lot of NES Open Tournament Golf lately. Thought it would be a quick game to finish, but it's taking me a lot longer than I originally thought it would. Need $1 million, currently at $725k.

Also had a little fun by changing the tournament roster to names from RFGen, mainly the NES Challenge and Shmup club participators, since that's what I'm most involved with.  Wink

* 20190619_180102.jpg (802.35 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 269 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length