RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:30:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465461 times)
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #975 on: July 18, 2019, 02:40:21 PM »

I’m gonna lay a claim on Ski or Die.

Had a go on the practice mode and it seems fun enough. I’m going away for a week on Saturday but hopefully I can get this one ticked off tomorrow
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #976 on: July 19, 2019, 07:43:46 AM »

Ran into some trouble in the later missions on Airwolf so I switched it up and beat Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Tatio) & Rampage instead tonight.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Taito) is a miserable game. It's incredibly short and still somehow manages to do many incredibly frustrating things in that time. Definitely in my pile of least amount of enjoyment out a an NES game. I had to restart this dumb game so many times it was insane. My final winning play was like 8 minutes long, but there were a few hours of failed attempts to get there. Not a fan.

Rampage is just snack food for me. Mindless fun, infinite lives and having some fun smashing stuff in 128 different cities. Definitely more fun co-op, but if you just want something mindless to do the single player isn't bad.

Puts me at 46 games beaten in 26 days now.

Not giving up on Airwolf yet, just didn't want it to eat up my whole night because it'll be my last play night for a while. Disposed Hero has graciously offered to keep an eye on the thread for me for the next week while I take off with my family on a short getaway. Keep on beating NES games in the mean time and I'll return in about a week.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #977 on: July 19, 2019, 09:21:53 AM »

I can see why the completion requirements for Ski or Die only say to compete in all events. There’s no opponents! No way to loose! Was it too much to ask for to provide some phoney cpu scores to beat?

I’m sure that’s a terrible score.

Not a bad game as such. I’m sure it’s ok in multiplayer. But as a single player experience, after practice mode you’ve seen everything the game has to offer

Going to claim Batman Return of the Joker
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 10:52:34 AM by Schlibby » Logged
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #978 on: July 20, 2019, 07:32:11 AM »

Beat Stanley: The Search for Dr. Livingston. This requires a bit of patience, but I think this would be a decent game on replays. There'd be a lot less confusion about where to go and what item works with which area. I had to look up the only walkthrough a couple of times, and even then it wasn't too helpful.

The worst aspect to the game is that you can't deal with the snakes. If they grab you, you lose a life, but you have to pass them. I had to just barely land on the platform that triggered them, and fall off before the snake came down, then jump right back up to pass.

Crabby, it shows I have claimed Wario's Woods, but I don't remember doing so and from what I saw on Discord someone else beat it. Additionally it says I have Nightshade claimed, and I've already beaten it.
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #979 on: July 20, 2019, 10:49:58 AM »

@shane - Thanks for the heads up. I think everything should be up to date now.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #980 on: July 20, 2019, 11:00:40 AM »

Beat Terra Cresta twice, apparently. The last boss is the purple one with hands that fire at you. The first time I encountered it, it left before I could beat it and I had to replay the levels. This is a slower shooter, so it's a bit easier than some of the others I've played so far.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #981 on: July 20, 2019, 01:07:51 PM »

Arg!  Got to the end of Treasure Master and it didn't accept the code for the last level!  Arg!

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #982 on: July 20, 2019, 02:07:53 PM »

Beat Bart vs. the Space Mutants. I played this a lot as a kid. I bought it thinking it would be awesome because I liked The Simpsons, but the first level really needed to be much easier. The second level is much more of an introduction to the controls and hazards.

The dinosaur boss is the absolute worst. If you don't time your third jump just right, you'll defeat it and fall straight down into the tar. Great programming.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #983 on: July 20, 2019, 08:06:32 PM »

Playing Startropics next.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #984 on: July 21, 2019, 09:41:57 AM »

Beat Bart vs. the Space Mutants. I played this a lot as a kid. I bought it thinking it would be awesome because I liked The Simpsons, but the first level really needed to be much easier. The second level is much more of an introduction to the controls and hazards.

The dinosaur boss is the absolute worst. If you don't time your third jump just right, you'll defeat it and fall straight down into the tar. Great programming.

Good on you and thanks.  That is a tough nut to crack, and one that I was never able to get far in.

- Han Solo
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #985 on: July 21, 2019, 10:55:08 AM »

Yeah, it took me quite a while. The first level, you have to essentially replay it at least once to know how many of each item to buy from the stores and where to grab coins. There's also things that you do that aren't obvious, like wait for a kid all in purple to leave the theater or prank call Moe's so someone leaves. It's a bit disappointing, but nearly all licensed games on the NES are.

Beat Star Tropics. This is such a fun game. I was surprised it wasn't picked off early in the challenge. The ending is also one of the best on the system. You get a slideshow of all of the key moments of the game. I did have to look up the wet paper code, though, as I sold my copy long ago.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #986 on: July 21, 2019, 01:14:39 PM »

Beat Bart vs. the World. This is somehow even worse than the space mutants game. There's blind jumps, single chance situations, and some areas require you to just know where you're supposed to go (looking at you, sphinx ear). This pretty much requires a walkthrough in a couple of spots.

When I first started, I thought maybe they added the minigames just for fun, but it's to get you more lives because you'll be burning through them.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #987 on: July 21, 2019, 01:51:00 PM »

Dang shane, you are a machine!  Props!

- Han Solo
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #988 on: July 21, 2019, 06:20:44 PM »

Went back and beat Deja Vu. I played it after Shadowgate and Uninvited, but apparently didn't get enough evidence and had no way to complete it. I started over today and grabbed everything.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #989 on: July 21, 2019, 08:25:14 PM »

Beat Starship Hector after a couple of hours of dodging everything because your weapons aren't powerful enough to keep up with the number of enemies sent at you. Definitely don't recommend this shooter.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length