RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:08:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465508 times)
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1050 on: August 18, 2019, 01:50:13 PM »

Beat Dance Aerobics, which is quite a difficult thing to do. You have longer workouts each time, and you only get so many mistakes. It's difficult to jump and keep your place on the mat, so you end up getting misses simply due to that.

Video at https://imgur.com/Zd8Xo6x
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1051 on: August 18, 2019, 02:05:03 PM »

^ Epilepsy warning!

Good work on getting some of these fitness mat games out of the way Shane
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1052 on: August 18, 2019, 02:14:50 PM »

Yeah, when I first had the mat out to play through Super Team Games, I figured I'd give others the ability to play them, but anymore there only seems to be a handful of people playing and this is the only peripheral I have that will get us closer to the goal. I've got zappers but no CRT, don't have a power glove, and don't have a R.O.B. with the stack up discs.

Just beat Stadium Events. Second shortest game on the NES next to Taboo. This is probably an ok game with friends, but on your own it's just alternating your feet for twenty steps four times. Makes me wonder why people pay so much for this game.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1053 on: August 18, 2019, 02:28:27 PM »

Yeah, when I first had the mat out to play through Super Team Games, I figured I'd give others the ability to play them, but anymore there only seems to be a handful of people playing and this is the only peripheral I have that will get us closer to the goal. I've got zappers but no CRT, don't have a power glove, and don't have a R.O.B. with the stack up discs.

You make a good point about the peripherals. I have a zapper and a CRT, so I can try knocking out some of the remaining zapper games. I don't have any of the other peripherals though. Anybody up for taking down the ROB and power glove games?

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1054 on: August 18, 2019, 02:36:40 PM »

I think the only power glove game can be played with a controller. It's the Miracle Piano that's worrying me. I saw some for sale at TooManyGames, but I certainly wasn't spending $175 just to play a game for the challenge. I don't have the room for it.

Beat Short Order 10 layer mode

and Eggsplode all the way to 60 bombs.

I think that's it for power pad games, so I'm packing it up and taking a well-earned shower.
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1055 on: August 18, 2019, 03:06:41 PM »

I would have to find out all the kit including the actual NES and get it all plugged in to do the zapper games or gyromite. And while im lucky enough to have the stack up parts, the hands I have are missing the foam so i dont think it would work anyway.

We didnt get the power glove over here so dont have that one.

And Ive got a Miracle Piano and cart. And all the parts apart from the keyboard overlay and more importantly the power brick.

From what I can tell the Miracle Piano is gonna take about 100 hours to "complete". So its the biggest one and we've still got it on the list (though i swear someone started it). However, it isnt really a game so would it matter too much if that one didnt get done...
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1056 on: August 18, 2019, 04:01:11 PM »

Yeah, I'm not sure. I think the literal challenge is to get some manner of complete status on every licensed NES cartridge. Taboo and Color a Dinosaur aren't games, but they were on the list. I was hoping it could be emulated somehow, but I haven't found a way to do it. You can hook the piano (or other MIDI pianos) to your computer and use them in conjunction with an emulator, but you can't emulate the piano itself, it seems.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1057 on: August 19, 2019, 08:25:19 AM »

@bombatomba - nice job on Dragonstrike! It's not the best, but it's so unique as a shump that I kind of like it.

@EZ Racer - I'm so glad someone is working on another Bases Loaded game!! They are such a time sink (except for 3).

@shane - thanks for jumping on those power pad games! None of them are overly difficult, I remember Dance Aerobics being the "hardest" so if you have already finished that one the rest should be a piece of cake. Street Cop was pretty cool if you're up for giving that one a go.

I've got the setups to tackle Zapper, Power Pad, Power Glove (and both the Power Glove games and a few zapper games are still on my need to beat list), my ROB is also missing the stack up parts though and like most of you I have no Miracle Piano. I don't think Miracle Piano is going to be as time intensive for someone who already plays the piano, but if you're using it to learn it'll likely be a huge investment. I plan to get one, but don't know if it's in the cards for me this year or not yet. 

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1058 on: August 19, 2019, 10:35:40 AM »

How many games total is it? 676?
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1059 on: August 19, 2019, 04:47:52 PM »

How many games total is it? 676?

669 once all the duplicate titles are removed from the standard licensed game list.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1060 on: August 19, 2019, 05:06:21 PM »

Gotcha! done. Completion requirements say that it loops after round 3, so I got to round 4 and stopped.

Seems like an alright game, if a bit simplistic, but I'm finding out very quickly that I don't think I'm a big fan of light gun games. They're just not for me.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1061 on: August 19, 2019, 05:12:39 PM »

So I make it 221 games to go and we’ve got 134 days.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1062 on: August 19, 2019, 06:52:14 PM »

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1063 on: August 19, 2019, 06:55:37 PM »

I used to play Gyromite using the "foot" technique (operating buttons using feet), but this requires the use of the Gyromite controller holder.  Alas, I do not have that part anymore else I would try.  Anybody with that part care to give it a go?

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1064 on: August 20, 2019, 06:02:19 AM »

I'll lay a claim to Ferrari. (BTW Crabby, I'm still showing as Batman RotJ on the claim list).

I dont normally play pre-analogue stick racing games, but I'll take one for the team trying to take this down.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length