RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:54:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465585 times)
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1110 on: September 16, 2019, 08:25:19 AM »

You still attempting 100 games in 100 days crabby? Or is that now definitely not happening?
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1111 on: September 16, 2019, 08:32:18 AM »

You still attempting 100 games in 100 days crabby? Or is that now definitely not happening?

With my travelling during the period and then my AV to HDMi dying and waiting to get a replacement I'm calling it a failure. I fell far enough behind I wasn't going to be able to catch up. Good news is that frees me up to take on some of the more time intensive games. I'm coming up on a big milestone so I plan to hammer out a few more shorter games and then focus the rest of the year on long or challenging titles.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
GravyBread
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1112 on: September 17, 2019, 09:06:22 AM »

Got dominated in Rock n Ball tonight. Best run I had was 400,000, but most were between 100,000-200,000. This was hours of play on the one table. Might have to look into why my code for 10 balls won't input as that would help a ton. Think I'm gonna jump into something slower next maybe Baseball Simulator 1.000.
I think someone else was working on baseball sim

You remember who? I don't see it on the claimed list, but I've occasionally missed a few. Don't want to step on any toes.

I was working on it but it is eating my lunch...by all means please feel free to put it back onto the "wild" for someone else. I thought it would be an easy first game for me but I was very VERY wrong!
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1113 on: September 20, 2019, 04:27:43 PM »

Typing various games into YouTube to get an idea of game length and it keeps cropping up with playthrough videos by this Crabmaster2000 guy  Smiley
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1114 on: September 21, 2019, 10:45:47 AM »

Typing various games into YouTube to get an idea of game length and it keeps cropping up with playthrough videos by this Crabmaster2000 guy  Smiley

Make sure you use your virus check before you click on those vids. Very sketchy....

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1115 on: September 21, 2019, 01:10:29 PM »

I am to the castle (final level) in Lolo 2.  Hopefully, I will beat it this weekend.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1116 on: September 22, 2019, 07:47:05 AM »

Beat The Blues Brothers after a lot of retries. The platforming is so precise, and you don't get health refills. This is an awful game. And what's with the chapter 2 description? Frozen pee? Nothing in this game has anything to do with the Blues Brothers. This feels like a sprite swap for a quick cash-in.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1117 on: September 22, 2019, 08:45:12 PM »

Almost done with Cowboy Kid. Will probably finish it tomorrow.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1118 on: September 23, 2019, 03:53:47 AM »

Wow its been awhile since I have checked in here. Sorry my work life just got busier and busier.

I still have Swords and Serpents sitting in my NES waiting to be played. I will finally have a couple weeks of low work, so I might as well jump right into it.

Gonna start over on Swords and Serpents because I have no idea where I am in the game.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1119 on: September 23, 2019, 05:02:28 AM »

Beat Cowboy Kid. It's pretty good once you get a gun, but until then fighting off enemies with a knife is a pain. Fortunately, you can collect money and extra heart containers fast by entering/exiting the map. The screen you're on resets, which means you can loot a barrel over and over to get money for health refills. You get a gun in the first real level, and unlimited bullets, so the game becomes much easier. You scroll the screen while both moving too fast and walking too close to the edge of the screen, which causes you to run into enemies as they appear if you don't mash fire while walking. I couldn't figure out a strategy for the last boss, so I just hoped I had enough health and hits in my bullet proof vest to spam him. I had one hp left.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1120 on: September 24, 2019, 07:50:48 AM »

Nice job shane!! I agree with both of those. Blues Brothers was thankfully very short because it's got super bad controls for the amount of platforming you have to do. If you're up for similar games Darkman and Robocop 2 share some similarities. And yeah Cowboy kid is a decent game, glad you found some fun with that one.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1121 on: September 24, 2019, 09:07:01 PM »

Lolo 2 is in the books:
Spoiler (hover to show)

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1122 on: September 24, 2019, 09:07:36 PM »

Any thought on next year?  I think we should tackle another system next year!

SMS set complete!
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1123 on: September 25, 2019, 02:48:37 AM »

Any thought on next year?  I think we should tackle another system next year!

I was thinking about this. Though I don’t want to step on Crabby’s toes if he already has plans, I was wondering if a vote for the next console would be in order.

Perhaps SNES would make the most sense, and N64 in 2021. But my vote for next year would be N64. I have much more connection with the console, completing all the games would be easier than snes, and I hope to complete all the n64 games myself someday so a year focusing on them would help.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1124 on: September 25, 2019, 07:25:53 AM »

I'm still focused on this NES challenge. Once it's closer to being finished maybe I'd put some thought into another system though. If someone else wants to get something in the works they'd have my blessing though.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length