RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:49:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465443 times)
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1140 on: September 28, 2019, 01:37:42 PM »

That level and the surfing level were the two spots that took me the longest to get comfortable with.

Yeah, the turbo tunnel isn't bad at all if you stop trying to press jump while going off a ramp. Then I just run into the warp and don't have to worry that much about perfect timing. Never found any of the other warps, though.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1141 on: September 28, 2019, 05:22:33 PM »

That level and the surfing level were the two spots that took me the longest to get comfortable with.

Yeah, the turbo tunnel isn't bad at all if you stop trying to press jump while going off a ramp. Then I just run into the warp and don't have to worry that much about perfect timing. Never found any of the other warps, though.

There is a warp like 5 seconds into the first stage if you just go as fast as you can.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1142 on: September 28, 2019, 09:26:20 PM »

The 2 month journey is finally complete!! Bases Loaded II is in the books. It's a solid baseball title, but it's really easy to manipulate the AI into making fielding and baserunning mistakes. I played this a bunch as a kid, and remember getting into the 20's for games. But I can't imagine anyone playing this to its end unless you're doing a completionist challenge such as ours. Very repetitive to go for 75 wins against 5 teams, without being able to simulate any games. At least there is a 9 run rule in the game.

* 20190928_210543.jpg (1129.32 KB, 2576x1932 - viewed 189 times.)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1143 on: September 29, 2019, 12:22:39 AM »

Roundball is in the books:

Spoiler (hover to show)

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Misto
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #1144 on: September 29, 2019, 01:36:36 AM »

Completed Fire 'N Ice tonight - pretty fun puzzle game although like most puzzle games imo, it gets to be a grind towards the end.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1145 on: September 29, 2019, 04:10:49 AM »

I **FINALLY** started River City Ransom! Can I do it?! I'll be doing it in parts, but it's gonna get done one way or the other! Here's Part 1! Smiley

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1146 on: September 29, 2019, 04:32:33 AM »

Boom! And it’s picking up again!
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1147 on: September 29, 2019, 07:16:22 AM »

Battletoads done, and I'm so glad. I couldn't time the drops in the stage with the time bombs, so I was checking up no strategies in this level and it turns out you can kill that racing enemy before you get to the point I was at and end the level. Played through again and did that, and the rest was easier. Still don't like this game, though. It's too difficult and exacting.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1148 on: September 29, 2019, 09:18:13 AM »

I’ll try Hudson Hawk.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1149 on: September 29, 2019, 12:42:51 PM »

Wow!! We haven't had a day like this in a while! Excellent job to everyone involved!! I'll update the list later today. Fantastic!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1150 on: September 30, 2019, 08:37:41 AM »

Lists are updated. Who knew there was a 20,000 character limit to a post? Not me. We reached it though so the list has been split into the claims post now as well, lol. Once again it's so great to see everyone picking up some NES games again!! I just finished one of the 2 reviews I have been working on, once I finish the next one I should have time to play some NES once more, hoping later this week.

Also I got the new job I applied for last week so thanks for all the well wishes!! Once that starts it will affect my NES playing time, but I'm not sure how much quite yet. Should transition into it sometime in the next 2-4 weeks then I'll have a better idea.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1151 on: September 30, 2019, 10:58:13 AM »

I'm still stuck at the same place in Lolo 3. I'm not ready to give up my claim yet, unless someone else has already beat it in the past, and wants to help cross it off the list. I'm about halfway through, but stuck on Level 10, Floor 5. I know what I need to do, I just can't execute it perfectly enough to actually get it done.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1152 on: September 30, 2019, 12:27:19 PM »

If you're still stuck this time next week I'll give you a hand with that level. I'm rusty but I've beaten it years ago.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1153 on: September 30, 2019, 03:06:24 PM »

If you're still stuck this time next week I'll give you a hand with that level. I'm rusty but I've beaten it years ago.

Sounds good, thanks.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1154 on: October 03, 2019, 04:57:32 AM »

Beat The Adventures of Dino Riki. I found this to be a very difficult game. You lose the speed and weapon power-ups you've collected when you get hit, and you get hit a lot. There's also a tiny bit of platforming involved, but it's a vertically scrolling shooter and your speed is varied. I came to a point at level 4-3 where I had to jump across gaps on 1 sprite wide ledges, and because of my speed power-up I couldn't do it. Had to get through it with no speed power-up.

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length