RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:14:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Video Game Console Setup. How do you have your? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Video Game Console Setup. How do you have your?  (Read 16816 times)
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2019, 01:11:19 PM »

That's quite a setup, Douglie!
Thanks! That's just the main area and streaming area.  I'll do a video walkthrough once I'm done with the basement.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2019, 08:03:02 AM »

@douglie007: What projector do you use?

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2019, 01:52:36 PM »

When I get home I'll post photos of my setup!

I have 2 TVs, a 40" LCD wall mounted and a CRT that I can't remember the size of but it's mid sized, at least 24". Most of the retro consoles are run through a composite switch into the CRT, with 1 more plugged directly into the CRT. The PS2 and Wii are on component into the LCD, and most of the other modern systems are on HDMI into a 4K HDMI auto-switch (TV isn't 4K but I wanted to get a future-proof switch, at least to work with the PS4 Pro). I think I have 1 HDMI system connected directly to the LCD. My desktop PC is below the LCD and also connected to the HDMI switch, nice for watching youtube or twitch on the big screen (my PS3 is the netflix box).

The auto-switch feature on the HDMI switch is really nice, as soon as I turn on a console it detects that and automatically puts the switch on the correct input. If 2 systems were turned on, the most recent one gets the active input but if that one is turned off it goes back to the first one. It came with a remote for manual input selection too.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 01:54:25 PM by techwizard » Logged
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2019, 05:24:38 PM »

@douglie007: What projector do you use?
I dont know how I missed this question.  It's a NEC VT676. It can do uptown 1080i and Down to a true 240p

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2019, 08:16:15 AM »

@douglie007: Thanks! I was looking for something to pair up my MiSTer with.

I redid my RF cart. The Atari 2600 is sort of redundant with the 7800 there but it works for now.:

I also had to redo my JVC cart as the MVS takes up a lot of room:

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length